• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM109: The Birth of an Island Queen! Satoshi's Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volt Tackle actually was a signature move, and yet it was replaced. I don't think it'll happen, but Splishy Splash deserves to replace any of the three moves other than Thunderbolt.

Volt Tackle actually was a signature move, and yet it was replaced. I don't think it'll happen, but Splishy Splash deserves to replace any of the three moves other than Thunderbolt.
Volt Tackle being replaced was the fault of the Best Wishes series and its below average writing.

Honestly, I'd agree with you, except for the fact that I don't want to hear Ash saying "Splishy Splash." The name of that move is just...just dumb. "Bouncy Bubble" I can handle, but "Splishy Splash" is just too much for me.

Honestly, if we did have to see a move go to make way for a new one (I maintain it'd be Dig because, you know, Groundium-Z), I'd much rather see Quick Attack get the shaft.

Honestly, if we did have to see a move go to make way for a new one (I maintain it'd be Dig because, you know, Groundium-Z), I'd much rather see Quick Attack get the shaft.
Quick Attack is a move that basically embodies Pikachu's speed. It's not going anywhere.

Why is this battle more deserving to be happening at night instead of the Nanu one? At least the Kahuna ritual looks nice, but with all the dumb choices this episode has made I wouldn't give it more than a 4/10, unless Ash loses. Pikachu learning a new move and winning because of that would be an instantaneous 0/10.

Whole reason it was learned was so that Pikachu wouldn't be completely helpless against Ground types/

Splishy Splash would eliminate the need for Iron Tail.
Yeah. I can see Pikachu replacing Iron Tail with Splishy Splash.

No thank you. I'd be happier if Splishy Splash were showcased in a return trio to Pikachu Valley since Pikarla and her horde of Pikachu were deliberately created to promote LGPE. Ash's Pikachu is clearly more akin to the Pikachu in a cap form if his lack of hairstyle and use of 10M Volt Thunderbolt means anything. If Mudsdale can't be brought down with Pikachu's normal movepool, then Grass Knot ought to be enough.

Note I said "if", because I think it could be possible albeit unlikely for him to win with what he has.

Bear in mind that he's far more agile than his opponent and thus better equipped to dodge attacks, knows a move that has a before-unseen chance to lower the target's Defense (which happens to be the same move people suddenly want to get rid of, ironically enough), and he has Static. Taking into account how the move Toxic Thread still slows down a Poison or Steel type, I could personally see the same thing being applied to Electroweb; causing mobility problems for Mudsdale even if the move is useless for damage. Lastly, Breakneck Blitz is still perfectly usable here and we saw what this Z-move did to Hala's Hariyama after an Iron Tail to the knee.

No thank you. I'd be happier if Splishy Splash were showcased in a return trio to Pikachu Valley since Pikarla and her horde of Pikachu were deliberately created to promote LGPE. Ash's Pikachu is clearly more akin to the Pikachu in a cap form if his lack of hairstyle and use of 10M Volt Thunderbolt means anything. If Mudsdale can't be brought down with Pikachu's normal movepool, then Grass Knot ought to be enough.

Note I said "if", because I think it could be possible albeit unlikely for him to win with what he has.

Bear in mind that he's far more agile than his opponent and thus better equipped to dodge attacks, knows a move that has a before-unseen chance to lower the target's Defense (which happens to be the same move people suddenly want to get rid of, ironically enough), and he has Static. Taking into account how the move Toxic Thread still slows down a Poison or Steel type, I could personally see the same thing being applied to Electroweb; causing mobility problems for Mudsdale even if the move is useless for damage. Lastly, Breakneck Blitz is still perfectly usable here and we saw what this Z-move did to Hala's Hariyama after an Iron Tail to the knee.

The problem lies in Mudsdale's Stamina ability. Every hit increases its Defense.

Honestly, I'd agree with you, except for the fact that I don't want to hear Ash saying "Splishy Splash." The name of that move is just...just dumb. "Bouncy Bubble" I can handle, but "Splishy Splash" is just too much for me.
You don't watch the Japanese version? It's a regular name there, and you probably wouldn't notice anyway.

I want Pikachu to learn Splishy-Splash so Ash can have a counter for Masked Royale's Incineroar in the upcoming league.

You don't watch the Japanese version? It's a regular name there, and you probably wouldn't notice anyway.

I mean, I mostly watch the JP version, so I'd probably be fine. Still, I don't imagine that too many dub watchers would like the change.

(Also, I want Pikachu to win the battle via a strategy, not by just learning a new move. I was okay with it happening with Pikachu vs Mimikyu because it was properly foreshadowed, but not this time.)

I guess it’s the first time this anime has brought me on the verge of crying...
I’m not surprised that the VAs cried.

Poipole’s release almost had that effect.

I really liked Lana comforting Mallow. Stoutland’s sequence could’ve had a bit more emotional aspect to it. I did like Torracat looking for every opportunity to cuddle (@FinnishPokéFan92 I watched the episode a few hours ago and heard ‘Nyabby’ when Stoutland first appeared and when it disappeared. It said ‘Nyaheat’ at every other instance.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom