• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM131: Musashi VS Kojirō! Battlefield of Truth and Love!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping my fingers crossed for a Mareanie evolution here, I'm super excited for this episode but TRio's team (James's especially) seems really underwhelming thisseries considering none of Jessie's Pokemon are actually capable of fighting Mareanie on their own, unless the writers give Mimikyu a bone, but no TRio episode this series has really disappointed me barring SM122 so I'm still hopeful

Wobbuffet vs Mareenie doesn’t sound like too epic of a battle- makes me wonder why it is featured in the title above the others. Kiawe vs Acerola and Lillie vs Gladion weren’t even included in the summary- but surely Lillie vs Gladion must be the biggest event here.

https://i.********/vp/1562935529319.jpg
Translation by Dephender
A sneak peak review of match 5 through 8 of the knockout round!
These will air July 21st!

Match 5: KUWAGANNON VS ABURIBBON (Māmane VS Matsurika)
A high speed battle in the air!
The two fight each other as they fly around in the sky. Kuwagannon has a hard fight on its hands as it takes on the faster Aburibbon's attacks!
(Blurb: Kuwagannon has a shot if it can stop Aburibbon from moving!)

Match 6: SONANSU VS HIDOIDE (Musasina VS Dekojiro)
The outcome is given before the match even starts?!
Sonansu keeps returning Hidoide's attacks using its specialties "Mirror Coat" and "Counter". Hidoide is extremely determined, but how can it overcome this opponent?!
(Blurb: The true identities of this suspicious duo is that of a certain duo! Is the outcome of the match already a given?!)

Match 7: ALOLA GARAGARA VS GANGAR (GREEDY LAPU) (Kaki VS Acerola)
A showdown between Ghost types!
Kaki's Alola Garagara is in deep trouble thanks to the effect of Acerola's Gangar's Ability "Cursed Body"!
(Blurb: Alola Garagara is made unable to move by "Disable", and Gangar makes it so its Bone Club...)

Match 8: ALOLA ROKON VS BLACKY (Lilie VS Gladio)
No holding back! It's Lilie VS Gladio in a sibling showdown!
Gladio has the clear advantage when it comes to pure ability! Will Lilie be able to show her brother the strength she's gained thus far?
(Blurb: Lilie and Snowball unleash a fully powered Z-Move! How far can they push Blacky?)

Prediction time:

Match 5: Sophocles is set up as the underdog, so I have a feeling he'll find a way to overcome Ribombee's speed and win.

Sophocles wins.

Match 6: Underdog situation again. Unless Wobbuffet ends up learning something like Destiny Bond, I have a feeling that James will eventually use the Dark-type Z-Move to win. Or maybe Mareanie will evolve, there's that chance too.

James wins?

Match 7: Underdog situation yet again, so I have a feeling that Kiawe will win. Maybe a new move?

Kiawe wins.

Match 8: Not an underdog situation. Or at least not the one where I expect the underdog to win. I think that Lillie will still lose, despite the Z-Move. Ash vs. Gladion has been hyped up too much for it not to happen.

Gladion wins.

Also, I have a feeling Ash will make it to the finals. Top 16 means four rounds, and after Faba, Ash has three more major opponents built up for him: Hau, Gladion, and Guzma. If he indeed ends up battling all of them, which I see being very very likely, he's bound to reach the finals.

If Ash faces Guzma in the finals, his victory is all but assured. And even if it's Gladion, I see Ash's chances of winning being still relatively high. He lost their last battle, after all, and Gladion isn't an unstoppable powerhouse like Alain and his Charizard.

Eww, Jessie vs James sounds so lame now. Wobbuffet's gonna stall and bounce back attacks until Mareanie finds a way to land a hit. It's such a boring sounding match.

It was pretty obvious since Mimikyu won't fight unless the opponent is Pikachu, or it has no other choice.

Eww, Jessie vs James sounds so lame now. Wobbuffet's gonna stall and bounce back attacks until Mareanie finds a way to land a hit. It's such a boring sounding match.

Yea I think Jessie should've stuck with Mimikyu because Wobbuffet's battling style is too predictable.

...Why is Gladion actively gimping himself by using his weakest pokemon without a Z-Move?!

Anything to make Lillie look "skilled" and "developed as a battler" I guess

Probably because Umbreon hasn't gotten to do much

He used Silvally in the prelims and Lycanroc will probably be the star of the battle against Ash

Plus it's just thematically appropriate for the siblings to both use their starters.

It's his most experienced pokémon.

Gladion's in a weird position with his Pokemon.

Umbreon is his starter, Silvally is there because it's his ace from the games, but Lycanroc is his strongest Pokemon.

Gladion's in a weird position with his Pokemon.

Umbreon is his starter, Silvally is there because it's his ace from the games, but Lycanroc is his strongest Pokemon.
I don't think there is a big diference between them, power wise. Umbreon got most experience, Lycanroc got Z-power boost, and Silvally is created to be powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom