• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM142: Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe each week from now on.

Don't they usually do something like this towards the end of the series?

If there are going to be mid-battle substitutions then I feel like this battle is already going to be really good. I feel like it's been ages since we've seen tactical substitutions (subbing Lycanroc to use against Braviary is a good idea).

Substituions are usually allowed during league battles so I don't see it being different here

Then again, it's written by Tomioka so no doubt that it'll be good.

Tomioka's done some great battles in the past, Guzma vs Ash and several battles with Paul so it is bound to be great

Substituions are usually allowed during league battles so I don't see it being different here
It's just that we haven't seen much substitutions in this League, due to the small amount of Pokémon taking part in each battle.
Tomioka's done some great battles in the past, Guzma vs Ash and several battles with Paul so it is bound to be great
Plus, he likes making callbacks to past events. Let's see if we'll spot any in this episode.

It's just that we haven't seen much substitutions in this League, due to the small amount of Pokémon taking part in each battle.

True, was a disappointment that we only had 1 2-2 match and 1 3-3 match. Substitutions might have come in handy giving Pokemon a break, cough Torracat cough

Plus, he likes making callbacks to past events. Let's see if we'll spot any in this episode.

As Suede regularly notes

We haven't exactly seen any substitutions in the entirety of the SM series, much less tactical ones or ones in the League itself.

One very great example would be Infernape being sent out to get rid of Drapion's Toxic Spikes.

New summary from Adamant/Dephender

Satoshi continues his white-hot battle against Professor Kukui. Satoshi may have become the first ever champion in Alolan history, but this battle against the powerful Pokémon Professor Kukui sends out proves to be quite the tricky one. There's no telling who the victor of the fight between Satoshi's Lugarugan and Professor Kukui's Warrgle will be. And then the professor's new Pokémon Fushigibana makes its debut! Satoshi goes up against it with his Mokuroh, who has grown quite a lot stronger during the fierce league match!
And don't miss the latest news on the new anime "Pocket Monsters"!

Lycanroc vs Braviary
Rowlet vs Venusaur

So Rowlet's up against another fully-evolved Grass starter. Our little owl is on a rampage.

No mention of the battle concluding either, so this might be a three-parter.

Yeah this smells like a three parter to me. No mention yet of Pikachu, Naganadel or Melmetal fighting. I expect Lycanroc to beat Braviary and lose from Venusaur. I think Rowlet and Venusaur will draw. It feels to me a bit too much for Rowlet to beat two fully evolved grass starters in a row.

Last edited:
Yeah this smells like a three parter to me. No mention yet of Pikachu, Naganadel or Melmetal fighting. I expect Lycanroc to beat Braviary and lose from Venusaur. I think Rowlet and Venusaur will draw. For me it feels a bit too much to let Rowlet beat two fully evolved grass starters.

Would prefer an evolution or defeat for Rowlet, Torracat needs some battle focus and has the advantage over Venusaur

A potential three parter?

Well I guess what I said about it potentially being rushed might be off the table.

i see look, pokemon sword and shield anime a boy or girl of eyes which one?

When do the new episode titles/writers get revealed?
Episode titles and staff list reveals usually happen around the 5th day of the month. I think we will know some episode titles earlier because of Pokefan leaks

Any chance that Toru Sakurai might voice Ash's Incineroar (if it happens)? Given the fact that Incineroar will need a deeper voice which Chinami wouldn't be able to produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom