• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM143: Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

Maybe it is because of the switching and stuff, but I didn't like this battle. Too many explosions and I haven't seen two fire pokemon being on fire, even when blaze isn't activated. That Z-move didn't do anything useful. There wasn't a lot of dialogue between Ash and Kukui here and I missed it, it was important

I am SO pleased that Nyaheat defeated Gaogen in its middle form rather than requiring some mid-battle evo BS to win. If a pokemon ever felt like it earned its evolution, it's him.

Also it was super pleasing to see Satoshi defeat a Lucario without losing multiple team members for once! Excellent match, even though it hasn't ended yet. From the semi-finals and onwards I'm really surprised how much I enjoyed this league. Completely surpassed my expectations.

Holy fuck, this was GOOD

Starting off, Naganadel did an amazing job against Lucario. Sure, we didn’t see its progress, but still it did amazing. Action packed, fast paced, and the side stingers Dragon Pulse was a nice usage of its anatomy that we don’t usually get to see in battles. Besides, we finally got to see a Lucario getting its ass kicked without wiping out half of the other team, cheers!

That being said, the cat fight was... astounding! The animation was glorious, the effects, light and emotions were flawless as well. People are weirded out by the music choice, but we can’t deny that none of Alola’s themes are as intense as XYZ’s.

Torracat exploiting his speed advantage and Revenge was very welcomed, and I’m glad we had a BELIEVABLE power up for him to match Incinceroar. Blaze looked phenomenal, and that last clash really mirrored the Infernape/Electivire Thunder Blitz tornado back then. And Torracat won!

That evolution does seem weird now that he’s likely not getting a real battle to test it out, but it’s okay, he deserved it. He won fair and square, without shoehorning an evo in there (which is accurate to the games, actually). I do like how it caused him to faint though, it’s a good way to keep him from getting smacked by Koko without undermining his achievement.

And... ugh, Tapu Koko is a prick, isn’t it? Jesus, I hope this thing gets its weird bird face pumped with all the poison it can take.

My ownly complaint about this episode was the fact we didn't get to see Kukui's final Pokemon. We could easily have seen Kukui's last Pokemon get defeated in this or early in the next episode so Tapu Koko could battle Pikachu

My ownly complaint about this episode was the fact we didn't get to see Kukui's final Pokemon. We could easily have seen Kukui's last Pokemon get defeated in this or early in the next episode so Tapu Koko could battle Pikachu
Considering how pokemon seem mildly aware of what’s going on outside their pokeballs, I can only imagine the poor thing is thrashing in fury in there.

Considering how pokemon seem mildly aware of what’s going on outside their pokeballs, I can only imagine the poor thing is thrashing in fury in there.

Kukui sends out his unknown Pokemon

Kukui: Sorry I didn't...

Gets savagely attacked by his Pokemon

Pokemon: This is what you get for leaving me out of your battle!!!

What makes it worse is that, had Kukui sent it before Incineroar, we could have seen Beast Boost in action after Naganadel beat Lucario.

Abilities in the anime are so underused, they played a major role in Diamond and Pearl (thanks very much Paul) but not a lot since then

Really hope the new series will change that

Well someone on twitter posted that this was supposed to be Kukui’s full team to battle Ash with, Pelipper seems like an odd choice but..

Pelipper was just happy he was not chosen to get involve with this mess. Pikachu would have wrecked him.

Anyway, this has been a great match. The best since Ash vs Paul and seeing how things turn out next week it may be my overall favorite surpassing Ash vs Drake.

Well, this episode just proved that they could have just started this match off in the last episode, instead of wasting that time between the cats 2 episodes ago. It all could have just started here, but whatever. First off, I'm glad Naganadel got its win here against Lucario. I certainly didn't want Goodra 2.0. felt kind of bad for Lucario, he really tried to keep standing, but nah.

The cat battle I actually enjoyed. It was a really great battle where Torracat was finally able to best his rival and I liked it.........until he f*cking evolved into the very hideous beast himself. And just what was the point? He evolved, then basically froze into a statue, and was deemed unable to battle. So he evolves and then does nothing with this new power? Why not just have him stay a Torracat then? The evolution was literally pointless.

I'm glad we're finally about to get to the end of this overly drawn out battle. Seeing Tapu Koko vs. Naganadel and Pikachu should be good.

If Torracat hadn't evolved I probably would have given this an 8/10. My score is 5/10.

Well, this episode just proved that they could have just started this match off in the last episode, instead of wasting that time between the cats 2 episodes ago. It all could have just started here, but whatever.
They needed time to build up Torracat learning to control the fire it absorbed.
The cat battle I actually enjoyed. It was a really great battle where Torracat was finally able to best his rival and I liked it.........until he f*cking evolved into the very hideous beast himself. And just what was the point? He evolved, then basically froze into a statue, and was deemed unable to battle. So he evolves and then does nothing with this new power? Why not just have him stay a Torracat then? The evolution was literally pointless.
The evolution could be seen as a prize for winning the battle. And it just fainted after exhausting the last of its energy to evolve. Besides, it would've been too weak to put up a fight against Tapy Koko, anyway.

They needed time to build up Torracat learning to control the fire it absorbed.

I disagree.

The evolution could be seen as a prize for winning the battle. And it just fainted after exhausting the last of its energy to evolve. Besides, it would've been too weak to put up a fight against Tapy Koko, anyway.

Again. I disagree. It seems pointless to evolve it and then do nothing with it. It may as well have just remained a Torracat.

Good things can happen when things are taken seriously. SM series could have been better than what it is if the writers focused on Ash's Litten's goal in the first place throughout the series, or took the trial battles half of this seriously.

An enjoyable episode which keeps the hype for another week for the actual conclusion.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom