• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM144: Alola's Strongest Z! Kapu-Kokeko VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the sixth mon will be revealed in SM143. Maybe there will be a double knockout that leaves Torracat and Incineroar to finish the match.

Agreed, I hope that Ash and Kukui finish their battle, Ash heals him team and Tapu Koko arrives to battle Pikachu and for some reason, Kukui takes it on as a tempoary team member

This league is like a never-ending story isn't it. I wanted it to be over a few episodes ago since I want to see some resolution for the other remaining subplots, not more Ash and Prof. Kukui glorification. Oh well. :/

This league is like a never-ending story isn't it. I wanted it to be over a few episodes ago since I want to see some resolution for the other remaining subplots, not more Ash and Prof. Kukui glorification. Oh well. :/

Ash and Kukui are literally who this whole thing is about. Ash is the reason it exists and Kukui is the creator of it.

We have another unknown episode + Alola will be revisited in the 2019 series, so the remaining subplots will get resolution.

Good point. But in the past, Pikachu almost didn't stand a chance against Koko.
There's a running theme of Pikachu getting beaten to a pulp by a stronger Pokemon, only to defeat them later. I think it has more to do with going up against an unfamiliar opponent than simply being weaker. The Lucario battle in XY comes to mind. Pikachu got demolished by base Lucario, but was able to defeat Mega Lucario due to learning from it's previous battles.

My first thought was that Pikachu would lose to Tapu Koko, but seeing as how they've been foreshadowing their battle since the beginning of the series that wouldn't really make since. Similar to how Ash lost to Paul over and over only to win in the end.

If I remember it correctly, none of their previous battles end in a real conclusion.
  1. Kapu Kokeko simply run away after resisting Pikachu's attack.
  2. Pikachu fell out of the cliff during the middle of the battle.
  3. Kapu Kokeko send them into another dimension.

Have just been reminded that in order to use a Z-Move, Tapu Koko needs a human partner so hopefully as with Naganedel, Tapu Koko won't be part of Kukui's team properly, only to use a Z-Move which will hopefully be Guardian of Alola
Naganadel currently is in Ash's team...
Sorry about the double post, but I realized that you meant that Naganadel was able to use a Z-Move with Kukui despite not belonging to him.

I hope this doesn't take 1 whole episode. Besides how can Kukui be creative with an Island Guardian? It does what it wants.

I hope this doesn't take 1 whole episode. Besides how can Kukui be creative with an Island Guardian? It does what it wants.
That's why I thought it was stupid to have Koko partnered with Kukui. It'll be even worse if Koko vs. Pikachu happens during the full battle and downright cheap of Koko to wait until Ash is down to Pikachu as his last Pokemon (who'll probably be weakened from previous battles).

That's why I thought it was stupid to have Koko partnered with Kukui. It'll be even worse if Koko vs. Pikachu happens during the full battle and downright cheap of Koko to wait until Ash is down to Pikachu as his last Pokemon (who'll probably be weakened from previous battles).
And it takes away the limelight from Torracat vs Incineroar which was supposed to be the highlight of Ash vs Kukui...

I think that like this exhibition match is supposed to be a nod to the Champion battle from Sun and Moon, this Tapu Koko battle is probably meant to reference the Tapu Koko battle from the same games, which also happened right after the final Pokémon League battle.

Really hope you're right there Finnish and the anime doesn't decide to combine the two for some reason

SM143 has the word conclusion in the title which might suggest that SM143 is the final episode of the battle with this episode's battle being seperate, really hope this is the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom