• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM146: Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!!

How does it seem that ash went to ultra space?
In the episode, Ash said that him and Solgaleo went through an Ultra Wormhole to another world, but we didn’t get to see any of the adventure. That was the picture that Rotom had in the part at Aether Paradise btw.

Edit: I also think that when everyone was at the port saying goodbye to Lillie, she was going to say she had a crush on Ash before Gladion cut her off. I wish she had done that too, just to see the fan base implode in on itself.

Edit 2: I know that Shaymin are supposed to be gender less, but I’m pretty sure that Mallow’s Shaymin was a girl due to how the eyelashes were drawn when she was in Sky Forme.

Last edited:
This final episode of Sun and Moon series was so awesome. I was so surprised that Ash couldn't leave Alola without saying goodbye to all of his classmates and Rotom Dex. And Mallow said goodbye to Shaymin (which turned into Sky Forme). Also, Team Rocket said goodbye to Bewear, Mimikyu, Stufful, and Mareanie.
In conclusion, the Alola saga was great. I hope the new Galar arc series will be even more great.
I give this episode an A, especially Alola arc an A as well.
So goodbye Alola series, Galar series, here we come.

cant believe I'm crying at 7AM in the morning over this

All of the goodbyes felt so genuine and the tears started rolling in the second they showed Mareanie being a big sister to Mimikyu and Stufful-- my heart wasn't ready for this adorable of a family dynamic!! And then the whole scene with Mimikyu.. everything hurts.. and then it doesnt even stop there because Ash and his parents.. AND THEN THE GUARDIANS FAREWELL

So happy they managed to fit enough time to give proper closure to every character, including Team Skull and PREGNANT BURNET. The pacing of the episode was actually surprisingly good even though they had to fit at least 3 different plots in at the same time, but every part I feel had enough time to feel meaningful, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed at least 1(0) tears every 3 minutes. SM is the gift of ambition that keeps on giving

A few things I think that shouldve been shown better were:
  • Jessie and Mimikyu departing
  • Ash's Pokemon didn't really get that much screentime when they departed
  • Might've missed it, but no big leaving moment for Pikachu and Togedemaru?
  • More Hau screentime

But overall, I give this episode a solid
9.4/10!
(+.2 points for making me LOL at jetpack Melmetal)

cant believe I'm crying at 7AM in the morning over this

All of the goodbyes felt so genuine and the tears started rolling in the second they showed Mareanie being a big sister to Mimikyu and Stufful-- my heart wasn't ready for this adorable of a family dynamic!! And then the whole scene with Mimikyu.. everything hurts.. and then it doesnt even stop there because Ash and his parents.. AND THEN THE GUARDIANS FAREWELL

So happy they managed to fit enough time to give proper closure to every character, including Team Skull and PREGNANT BURNET. The pacing of the episode was actually surprisingly good even though they had to fit at least 3 different plots in at the same time, but every part I feel had enough time to feel meaningful, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed at least 1(0) tears every 3 minutes. SM is the gift of ambition that keeps on giving

A few things I think that shouldve been shown better were:
  • Jessie and Mimikyu departing
  • Ash's Pokemon didn't really get that much screentime when they departed
  • Might've missed it, but no big leaving moment for Pikachu and Togedemaru?
  • More Hau screentime
But overall, I give this episode a solid
9.4/10!
(+.2 points for making me LOL at jetpack Melmetal)
Jetpack melmetal stole the show, But they deserved proper farewell

Haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet (just pictures) but does anyone have a clue what the kinda ominous looking place they're looking at is supposed to be?

521.jpg

It seems like this could be the place where Mohn is supposedly at and where the Aether family is going to on that ship but I'm not sure.
From what I can understand, Mohn is somewhere in this world and Magearna's light is pointing to where he is right now. That's why they are leaving by the ship. That picture is from Rotom's travel with Satoshi and had nothing to do with Mohn.
Edit: I also think that when everyone was at the port saying goodbye to Lillie, she was going to say she had a crush on Ash before Gladion cut her off. I wish she had done that too, just to see the fan base implode in on itself.
I think the same way. I wasn't expecting them to really confirm Aureliashipping.Too bad (or good in Serena's case) she was too late to admit her feelings.

When Satoshi was on the plane and his classmates flew by...definitely had butterflies!

I do wish Musashi had followed Mimikyu and had a heart-to-heart with him but alas...

LOVED mama bear just straight-up throwing the Rocket trio back to Kanto, the absolute perfect way to close out that gag.

I really liked the quick glimpses into what everyone is doing post-series, and I think this is the first ever time we haven’t seen Satoshi return to Masara Town at the end of a series (unless he did post-credits, I didn’t see that part).

Personally I'd prefer the Alola mons have been at Oak's lab for simplicities sake on Ash's end, but hey he's had Charizard, Squirtle, and Gliscor on call from other places in the past so I guess it can work...

Though I am sure I am going to see the people calling Ash names again over it. Pity I was hoping they'd stop that.

Personally I'd prefer the Alola mons have been at Oak's lab for simplicities sake on Ash's end, but hey he's had Charizard, Squirtle, and Gliscor on call from other places in the past so I guess it can work...

Though I am sure I am going to see the people calling Ash names again over it. Pity I was hoping they'd stop that.
Exactly

^ I imagine the reason we didn't see him return to Pallet Town in this episode is because it'll be a plot point of the next season, maybe he'll bump into Gou on the way there or something?
I can see this happening. Considering we have scenes of Ash in present day throwing his Pokeball in his sleep, I can see that they'll pick right off with Ash at home at night, being excited at the prospect of his new adventure.

Technically speaking, he didn't release them this time. They're in the care of another Professor and I guess the more you think about it, the more it makes sense why he would leave them there.

Besides the people who call him names aren't even anime fans, they're just doing it to appear "cool" over the internet, whatever value that status even holds... They're irrelevant.

Not the best finale to a series, but definitely up there. Burnet becoming pregnant, I can honestly say no one saw that coming. Would have been nice to see Mohn reunite with his family before the series ended, but it was still nice. If this had to be the final episode of the series, I say it ended on a positive note.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom