• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Smeargle breeding suggestions (B/W)

Geodude

Protecting Gotham City
Reaction score
Smeargle are swarming for me today and I just caught a couple males. I'd like to do some breeding with them to get some otherwise difficult or impossible moves on some babies, so can anyone suggest anything interesting?

Growlithe, Vulpix, Diglett, Rhyhorn, Eevee, Wooper, Chimchar, Piplup, Lucario, Hippopotas, Snivy, Drillbur, Darumaka, Scraggy, Zorua, and Mienfoo are the best pokemon (competitively) that can breed with Smeargle; Aipom, Phanpy, Houndour, and Shinx are decent (I don't know how good Ambipom or Donphan are in competitive play, currently). There's also Torkoal, of course. (Torkoal is severely underrated.)

Last edited:
I bred mine with a scraggy to get dragon dance, ice punch, drain punch, and fake out.

I already have a Scrafty with DD and Drain Punch. I'm looking for other suggestions of egg moves/combos that either take a long time or are impossible without using Smeargle.

Dragon Dance Tyranitar is just funny if you're going through the Battle Frontier/Subway, and Curse Miltank sounds like fun. I don't breed Pokémon, so I don't know many off the top of my head. Dragon Dance Feraligatr, maybe?

If you have anything in the Field group from Generation 4 that had Stealth Rock, you can put it on Smeargle and easily put it on any other Pokemon that would otherwise require cross-generation breeding.

Dragon Dance Tyranitar is just funny if you're going through the Battle Frontier/Subway, and Curse Miltank sounds like fun. I don't breed Pokémon, so I don't know many off the top of my head. Dragon Dance Feraligatr, maybe?

Some of the pokes you mentioned don't breed with smeargle.

@Geodude

You should consider nasty plot+vacuum wave lucario.If you don't breed it with smeargle,you will need to breed it with hitmonchan for vacuum wave and train that baby riolu till lv 47 for nasty plot.(Trust me, its painful).

Well if you can get your hands on anything with snarl, you can use smeargle to help add it to some nifty movesets, like snarl/night daze/extrasensory/dark pulse zorua, which without smeargle you'd have to do a lot of breeding and leveling up for night daze (which was so painful D:)

There are other things but I can't think off the top of my head right now.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom