• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So is Seger-Hakase pretty much done at this point?

Haruhi said:
If people are saying that ep N is the end of R-dan

The Rocket trio is confirmed to appear in the Decorora Adventure saga.

Sakuraa said:
I guess they probably just got rid of him with no explanation like they did Pierce in early BW.

I think the assumption is that Flint's story was wrapped up in the skipped two parter since that's exactly the point in the series when he stopped showing up.

Haruhi said:
If people are saying that ep N is the end of R-dan

The Rocket trio is confirmed to appear in the Decorora Adventure saga.

Really? I saw the scans, I just didn't thourally read them let alone help translate them.

I think the assumption is that Flint's story was wrapped up in the skipped two parter since that's exactly the point in the series when he stopped showing up.

That makes sense. but then Flint's roles weren't that significant anyway at least in my opinion. Feel free to differ.

Oh and I'm going to stick with Zegeru if that's cool with everyone...

We'll see him again during the epic Giovanni and TR finale in Kanto at the end of this generation.

I'm cool with him showing up, but can we also get Wobuffet and Butch and Cassidy?

^ that (and I want to see the executives replace K/J/N in 6th gen... but ain't gonna happen)

^ yeah and most BW fans like him and treat him like if he;s the best thing ever. No offense.

It's called having an opinion. If people like Zager, they have a right to that opinion. So people have the right to call TRio the best thing ever but when they call Zager the best thing ever, it's somehow offensive? WHAT?!

^ yeah and most BW fans like him and treat him like if he;s the best thing ever. No offense.

I enjoy BW quite a lot and am a fan of it and I've been neutral/indifferent to Zager for the most part. Kinda a blanket statement to claim "most" BW fans like and treat him like he's the best thing ever. Even then I don't think there's a law on the forums against someone liking Zager. I don't know about that part about people treating him like the best thing ever, I've seen, for the most part, nothing but complaints about how he's to blame for TRio's previous demeanor being wiped away or people just being indifferent toward his character as a whole, BW fan or no BW fan. Then again there are hardly any BW fans(Of the top of my head there are around 7/8 vocal ones here.) here in the first place, I have not once come across one Zager fan in that bunch or massive post talking about how good Zager is or why he's a good character, I don't even think I've seen him complemented. So I don't see why, at all in the slightest, how "BW fans treat him like the best thing ever." Like I said before, I'm mostly indifferent/neutral to Zager, he just isn't a massive deal to me because he's not a main character or rival so I didn't get attached to him, however liking Zager isn't a sin worthy of being hated, right?

Anyway, I don't know. We haven't seen Pierce in quite sometime either, we know Zager is probably with Giovanni and the other Rocket agents. I'm just gonna assume they got something else going on and TRio are simply acting on their own for the time being. Sorta like a one point in BW where Giovanni disappeared.

Last edited:

I enjoy BW quite a lot and am a fan of it and I've been neutral/indifferent to Zager for the most part. Kinda a blanket statement to claim "most" BW fans like and treat him like he's the best thing ever. Even then I don't think there's a law on the forums against someone liking Zager. I don't know about that part about people treating him like the best thing ever, I've seen, for the most part, nothing but complaints about how he's to blame for TRio's previous demeanor being wiped away or people just being indifferent toward his character as a whole, BW fan or no BW fan. Then again there are hardly any BW fans(Of the top of my head there are around 7/8 vocal ones here.) here in the first place, I have not once come across one Zager fan in that bunch or massive post talking about how good Zager is or why he's a good character, I don't even think I've seen him complemented. So I don't see why, at all in the slightest, how "BW fans treat him like the best thing ever." Like I said before, I'm mostly indifferent/neutral to Zager, he just isn't a massive deal to me because he's not a main character or rival so I didn't get attached to him, however liking Zager isn't a sin worthy of being hated....

Anyway, I don't know. We haven't seen Pierce in quite sometime either, we know Zager is probably with Giovanni and the other Rocket agents. I'm just gonna assume they got something else going on and TRio are simply acting on their own for the time being. Sorta like a one point in BW where Giovanni disappeared.

I have personally seen more people on these forums call him the worst thing ever more than I have seen people call him the best thing ever. Why aren't those people addressed?

Gotpika said:
nothing but complaints about how he's to blame for TRio's previous demeanor being wiped away

Which is strange because he didn't show up until quite a few episodes after the trio had already gone through their change. How can people blame Seger-Hakase for something that happened before his debut?

Ima, hitobito wa, watashi wa hitobito ga jibun no sukina kyarakuta wa ikenai to wa omowanai to omoimasu ka? Hontoni? I'm not saying no one should not like Zegeru at all. :-/

(blame the writers, not Zegeru)

Last edited:
I want to make something clear to everyone: I am NOT against people who like Zegeru. I like him myself. I just hate when others get apeshit angry over other people not liking him. You have your right to like him but others have their right to dislike them and no one should have to feel gulity because your angry at them for hating your favorite character. They are just fictional characters.

Same goes for BW Team Rocket, someone calls them robots.... everyone gets angry.

I didn't really like Seger so I'm perfectly happy if he doesn't show anymore. I felt that what he was missing on the whole was personality to keep me interested. For example he was mainly serious but this was never played with (contrast to Achroma who is serious about his work but becomes estatic when he sees Pikachu break from control). Little things like that are fun.

I will say I did like when he was showing signs of getting frustrated with the trio in the last ghost train ep but sadly that never really happened again.

Dr. Zager is as done as Pierce was after the skipped two-parter, or as Giovanni after it and then once again after the Operation Tempest two-parter. It has nothing to do with popularity or a lack thereof; it's just because he isn't needed in the plot anymore.

As for the character, I don't see anyone claiming him "the best thing ever"; he clearly isn't. He's just an evil scientist villain. But by that same token, he's far from the worst thing ever either. Yeah, he's a generic character archetype, but then, damn near every character in this anime is, including Ash himself (especially Ash himself, really.) He served his role well enough, IMO, and I can't really find any reason to dislike him other than bias against what he's connected with: Best Wishes and BW-TR, which so many fans irrationally hate. Since I like these things, I hold Zager in better regard than others.

Which is strange because he didn't show up until quite a few episodes after the trio had already gone through their change. How can people blame Seger-Hakase for something that happened before his debut?

I think it's because when TR returned to white uniforms, people got their hopes up that they'd be "funny" again. Instead, they stayed serious. And since they began working under Dr. Zager at this point in time, dissapointed fans just decided to use him as the scapegoat. Which also makes no sense, though, since the TRio was serious for a few stand-alone episodes (like the Druddigon and Elgyem ones) before starting doing jobs for Zager.

I will say I did like when he was showing signs of getting frustrated with the trio in the last ghost train ep but sadly that never really happened again.

I dunno, I thought he was pretty uncharacteristically emotional in the Twist Mountain two-parter as well, gleeful when things were going right and raging when things weren't, as opposed to his usual stoicism. That's one thing to say in his favor: he does get wrapped up in his work.

ObjectionMan said:
I dunno, I thought he was pretty uncharacteristically emotional in the Twist Mountain two-parter as well, gleeful when things were going right and raging when things weren't, as opposed to his usual stoicism. That's one thing to say in his favor: he does get wrapped up in his work.

I think this is because it was going to be the last 2-parter where he was the main brain. The next one would feature Giovanni. After all, it was said that Twist Mountain was "a last plan".

You mean Dr. Namba's long lost cousin? JK. :sweatlol:

Yeah, I think Seger-Hakase is done in all seriousness. There's no need to keep Dr. Zager around any longer as TRio are...well, not completely serious and robotic anymore...just half serious and half funny now, I guess.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom