• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sockpuppet Mafia 2016 - Endgame (TOWN WIN) - 10/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad I should've added TOWN WIN right away but forgot.

I fell for this once in Gameshow Mafia where the teams were US/UK Gameshows and when I saw the endgame I thought we (town) won when it was the mafia :)
Well that's because I had you convinced I was town. :p

Alright! We did it! Finally, I actually make it out of a game alive and fuck it feels great. Well, that was pretty fun. In a... morbid, dark sort of way..? Is it wrong to say it was fun. Oh well anyway, ahem. Sorry again to all the people I wrongfully voted. It's um an embarrassing list but I thought I was doing the right thing. Excuse me as I scratch my head awkwardly.

Thanks for sharing that lip smacking good candy Vulpix. And you played a damn good game, Alucard. I really believed you for a while. Like, right up till those last phases. You had me going there you son of a gun. Yellow puppet guy, I'm real sorry... we could've been vanilla buds. We really coulda. Still can be, I guess, if we like. I dunno, make amends. I got a shitty apartment we can hang at but keyword is 'shitty'.

Thanks to our interesting hosts for such a fun time. This was a really fun, enjoyable experience. I'm very glad I got to be a part of it!:cool: Real nice hosting job.

Did you enjoy the game?

Very much so. Like pretty boy Roy said, despite this being a pretty small game, it was actually fairly active so that helped it remain interesting and fun. There was a lot of mystery involved in it too, like with the presence of the vanillas, neighbors, and just not knowing anything about the players in general.
What did you think of the setup?
Given that players joined up so late and the game was set to start Oct. 1, I rather liked the setup myself. I think it was just fine.
What did you think of the balance and the mechanics?
Seemed balanced to me. I liked the mechanics too.
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
No big complaints here! The only thing I can think of has nothing to do with the game itself (like mechanics and such) but rather I would have liked to have seen more players. More players would have been fun, but the game was enjoyable anyway.
Would you participate in a game like this in the future?

Oh definitely. I'd join earlier too haha. I'm sorry about that. I've been wanting to play a sockpuppet mafia for a long time now, so this was really cool.

Oh definitely. I'd join earlier too haha. I'm sorry about that. I've been wanting to play a sockpuppet mafia for a long time now, so this was really cool.

That's interesting, I never thought you wanted to play one.

Did you enjoy the game?

I mostly enjoyed it at first, though admittedly it got stressful towards the end. Being the only active mafia is a lot of pressure. It was pretty balanced though. Actually basically vanilla so it worked fine.

Also interesting fact: when I said that if Adam hadn't unvoted trolls I was going to vote him on day 2, I legit was. Due to his inactivity and the fact that he unvoted end of d1, I decided to just us him.

And I was so surprised when resetti didn't claim doc. I felt too sure there was one. I didn't even think if it could fit me at the time, but I realized afterwards that it actually is fitting, and no one can deny that. More than watcher actually.

What did you think of the hosts' Sockpuppet accounts? Did that add or detract from the ambiance of the game?
I don't really think they added nor detracted from the ambiance of the game. I think the Count's text was pretty fun.

That's interesting, I never thought you wanted to play one.
Knowledge is power my friend.:sneaky: I've wanted to since I think..... mm 2014, which doesn't sound like a while but feels like it. So this was definitely a fun time. It was tough deciding on a character.

You can count me in a whole year early, I'd be signing up in a heartbeat.
This. Sign me up for 2017 Sockpuppet mafia right now.

What did you think of the hosts' Sockpuppet accounts? Did that add or detract from the ambiance of the game?

The Count did. All Count posts was full of personally, but I don't recall seeing anything from Zexilina and I don't recall seeing any Pichu posts at all.

As always, I suffer from not following my gut instincts. I'm sorry, Shepard. Won't be with you in the end if I keep going like this. I wish I had pushed Alucard harder once I started feeling suspicious.

Did you enjoy the game?

Absolutely. It was nice getting be a different person in a mafia game and I appreciated how active people were. There was a lot of conversation and, even if I didn't play my best, the game came to a good conclusion in a classic do or die scenario.

I think the setup was fine, honestly. No complaints.

So I may be in the minority on this but I actually think that the way roles were done was a little too obvious. When I received cop I was a little sceptical because anyone who knows anything about me could make a fair guess that I was the cop. And my final argument against Alucard hinged on the fact that his claim of doctor made no sense with his identity once it was established that almost all roles and identities were linked. But I suppose for the theme of the game it made sense and it was fun so I can't complain too much.

You could still easily do the whole identities linked to roles thing, but don't go for the obvious. For example, Garrus Vakarian's loyalty power is armor piercing rounds. You actually could have set him up as a one time vigilante that penetrates protection (word choice...) or something like that.

But this really is just a minor nitpick. Resetti had a good ability based on his identity and it was a good play.

Absolutely. It was a really fun match. I probably shouldn't have bet so heavily on their being a godfather, especially with a 1-time cop check, but I'm so used to it being such a common role.

@Roy Mustang thanks for being a great teammate. Definitely MVP of the game from my perspective.

BlazingVulpix

Playing BlazingVulpix was fun... Because the name kinda gave it away, i allowed Vulpix to have the opposite gender and personality. Disappointing i was eliminated so early though.

Goodnight, @BlazingVulpix. I will see you next year.

Also, a suggestion. If the Sock puppet mafia ends half way though october, like this one did, a second SPM should be allowed to run, using the same time restrictions, but entirely new setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom