• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Some Pokemon fanart and fakemon~ Now also with requestable crossbreeds!

Re: Some Pokemon fanart and fakemon~

I hope it's okay to update this thread after almost two months... Some forums have that "no reviving threads over a month old"-rule, but I couldn't find that rule from here. Anyway, I have been pretty buzy for the last month and half, and haven't been able to draw anything. Now that I finally got time to draw, so of course I wanted to draw my favourites of the recently revealed Pokemon!

So I drew Chiramii and Wargle. But wow, these two pictures are different. The Chiramii one is cute, simple and easy to do. I used like, three different pencils while coloring it. Wargle however, took lots of time and effort to make: I love drawing wings, but coloring them turned out to be a pain. However, it was nice to really put effort into drawing something for a change. And even these pictures were so different, I really like them both. :3

Chiramii_by_Tyltalis.jpg

Wargle_by_Tyltalis.jpg

WOW 0_0 these are really amazing. Chiramii looks so cute and Wargle looks beast. Love Misdream btw really cute.

These are amazing!!!! I can't color at all -__- I really like the watercolor; I can never do that >w<

Wow, great fanart. I HAD to save most of them to my pictures on the computer~! Keep up with the great work~!

It's been a while, thanks for all the comments! I've been busy with my studies, but recently I drew two new Pokemon~

doredia_by_tyltalis-d323ny1.jpg

I love Doredia, it's so pretty! <3 This was kind of a pain to draw (and to make up a pose that wasn't just generic picture Doredia just standing there) but I'm quite pleased with the result! The scanner made the colors look little too bluish.

victini_by_tyltalis-d323pcq.jpg

Victini is also cute, but pretty hard to draw. I made lots of mistakes with the lineart again, and I'm not sure if the shading works either. I added the blue glow because... I felt like it? The eyes were also hard to make look good with only colored pencils. It kinda looked better in the original sketch. But meh, I guess it's still alright.

You are very good at drawing.

Doredia looks like they are getting ready for an important occasion.

Victini looks like it is jumping for joy or finishing of a foe.

Well done, and keep it up!

OMG These are amazing pics :) I think i'll come back here every once in a while...

Oh wow, there are awesome. Keep it up.

It seems odd that Mijumaru's second evolution has no shells at all, but the first and third do.

Love the Leafeon, by the way!

Wow, I really like the use of crayons. I gives the drawings a nice shading effect. And the anatomy of the Pokemon is spot on.
And the water color picture is amazing.

Thanks, everyone! I appericiate your comments a lot, even though I'm lazy to reply to them. :D

It seems odd that Mijumaru's second evolution has no shells at all, but the first and third do.

Love the Leafeon, by the way!
That's true, I didn't think of that. Well, I guess it doesn't matter anymore, now that the real ones have been out for a while. Thanks!

Wow, I really like the use of crayons. I gives the drawings a nice shading effect. And the anatomy of the Pokemon is spot on.
And the water color picture is amazing.
Thank you~ I use colored pencils though, I guess I should be more clear about that. ^^

its so beautiful *sobs in emo corner* I AM NOT WORTHY
Ahahaha. xD Sorry, I thought it was funny. Thanks, don't get depressed! :p

I just finished my entry for Bulbagardens Fanart contest, so I might as well post it in here, too:
nisse_polkka_by_tyltalis-d35hzul.jpg
Most of the characters in the picture are somehow referenced in the original song, but Tepig, Hitomoshi, Togetic and Pachirisu are there just because I felt like it. I used my old idea of Mime jr.s as Christmas elves, because I think they fit the job well. :3

The picture is colored with watercolors and colored pencils. Watercolors were necessary for a big scenery like this, but since I'm not so experienced with those, I added some shading and details with pencils. It came out pretty good, I think. ^^

Gosh, I really respect you for sticking to traditional art. Your dedication was obviously well worth it! =) Have you ever had experience with Photoshop and the like?

Oh hey, I remember the Christmas submission from the thread (also entered)! Including so much in just one image was a clever move, and look how amazing it's turned out! How long did it take you to draw, would you say?

Gosh, I really respect you for sticking to traditional art. Your dedication was obviously well worth it! =) Have you ever had experience with Photoshop and the like?

Oh hey, I remember the Christmas submission from the thread (also entered)! Including so much in just one image was a clever move, and look how amazing it's turned out! How long did it take you to draw, would you say?
Thank you very much! ^^ I've only drawn with Oekaki many years ago. It was fun, and I even got a tablet, but it broke pretty soon and I'm not good with mouse alone. So at some point I just decided to stick to traditional art.

Your entry was really cute! It had such a nice atmosphere. ^^ The song I used has a lot of going on, so it was really fun to think about all the tiny details I could link between the song and the picture. I'm pretty slow to draw, and traditional art has its difficulties. I did the picture on so many days (first little at a time, then more hours per day) that it's hard to count the time, but I think I can safely say that it took more than 15 hours as a whole.

I think it's fun how there are so many difficulties you wouldn't think of with traditional art. Tracing the picture from a thick sketchpaper into a thicker watercolor paper was the hardest part. Combination of small lamp + cd-cover without a paper (so I had something transparent to draw against) saved me, even though I melted the first cd cover from the heat of the lamp. XD

No new replies? :< Well, at least I have some sketches to post!

I've seem a lot of art about realistic Pokemon, but I've never considered doing it myself. The reason was that I draw even real animals in a simple and cute way, and I could never draw so detailed or real-looking pictures as some people can. However, couple days ago I got an inspiration and filled my sketchbook with pictures of more realistic Pokemon. I never inked or colored them because I'm laz-- I mean, it looks kinda more realistic that way. ^^

I tried to keep the Pokemon's general body shape as close to the original as possible, only making small changes that make their bodies look like they could exist in real life. That caused some of them to have HUGE heads, but I don't mind. When some people draw realistic Pokemon, they just draw a real-life animal with Pokemon-like features (for example, making realistic Totodile quadrupedal because bipedal crocodiles don't exist in real life), but I think Pokemon shouldn't look too close to excisting animals, because they are not the same. Long story short, this is how I believe Pokemon would look if they suddenly became real.
realistic_pokemon_by_tyltalis-d36q37e.jpg

I LOVE the Swablu, Oshawott and Blitzle! Mudkip was also cleverly designed, great work. ^^

I also might draw some fanart of Misdream sometime in the future, if that's alright? It's just too cute. ^^

I LOVE the Swablu, Oshawott and Blitzle! Mudkip was also cleverly designed, great work. ^^

I also might draw some fanart of Misdream sometime in the future, if that's alright? It's just too cute. ^^

Thanks a lot! :D Sure you can, it would be great to see fanart of it! :3

This is my first time designing fakemon unrelated to any other Pokemon~
fakemon__pechico_and_evolution_by_tyltalis-d38golc.jpg

I wanted to draw myself a "signature Pokemon" that I could use to represent myself. So here are Pechico and yet to be named evolution! I just combined stuff that I like: Grass-type Pokemon and birds. I intended to make them have traits of the Archaeopteryx, but after designing Pechico I realized that it could be based on hoatzin chicks (that have claws on their wings) and I based the evolution mostly on the bird.

I must say that I really like them. They really could be my favourite Pokemon if they were real. :D I'm pretty bad at naming things, though. The name Pechico comes from petiole (leaf stalk) and chick, but it could have been Pechiole or Pechio as well, so I'm still not sure if this is the final name. The evolution doesn't have a name, but it should at least have the word 'hoatzin' in it somewhere.

These are good! Keep them up. I prefer the evolution over Pechico though. :p

Nice Braviary! Do more Fakies!

Ah, again it's been too long since I updated. Oh well. I though I might as well post the pictures I posted yesterday on the 1998-forum. I did draw them all myself, but around the age of ten or so. So yeah, I'm aware that the fakemon all look terrible. :p
Oldies__First_of_Pokemon_by_Tyltalis.jpg

They are actually the first pictures I drew of pokemon without tracing them. Before this, I traced a lot (I mean, just copied the pokemon in the same pose it was in some other picture. I didn't draw anything through paper, though.) and were really good at it, so it's not like I drew these without any practising. I thought I couldn't draw much besides tracing, but when I drew these, I immediately realised how much fun it was! After that, I drew tons of different pokemon in different poses.

Oldies__Fakemon_2_by_Tyltalis.jpg

This is a new type, crystal/flying. Some kind of legendary bird, I guess. I was really proud of this one at some point. ;D

Oldies__Fakemon_3_by_Tyltalis.jpg

As you can see, I thought of an electric squirrel long before Pachirisu was invented! xD

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs38/f/2008/313/3/9/Oldies__Fakemon_4_by_Tyltalis.jpg
I think these two aren't related, but anywho... The dolphin is ice/water and the weird mouse/seal combination is ground/water.

These are good! Keep them up. I prefer the evolution over Pechico though. :p
Thanks a lot! The evolution is more elegant while Pechico is cute, so I understand you liking it more. I like both, of course. :D I feel like drawing some more art of these two, with better poses and everything.
Nice Braviary! Do more Fakies!
Thanks! I don't feel that confident of doing Fakemon, but I'd like to continue my crossbreed project soon. I love doing those!

And hey, I actually have one new picture, too!
unova__here_we_come_by_tyltalis-d3bpwzs.jpg
Here is my team for Pokemon White! The picture is inspired by Pokemon Battle Frontier opening. I was terribly late with this: even though I sketched it many months before BW came out in Europe, I still couldn't finish it before I had already got the game and evolved my team. :p

Back
Top Bottom