• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Something not so serious, once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, there are no valid reason why an average citizen needs a gun. Please, tell me.
I agree with this for the most part. Aside from those who hunt for food, I don't see any reason why an average person needs one either.

gatraid.png

"Fucking yanks...who the fuck gives their kids fucking guns at that fucking age? I'll sue the bastards, I will..."

Would they do it if they hadn't got a gun in the first place?

Well yeah, those who can't afford guns use knives (and in countries with gun bans, people use knives and other weapons). People are beaten to death, stabbed to death, drowned, raped, there are many ways to murder or injure a person that doesn't involve a gun. As long as there are fucking assholes in this world, whining about "oh noes guns" won't make much of a difference.

Committed by people. People! You can't blame an inanimate object for something that a person chooses to do.

Oh, that old mantra.

It's not wrong. Naturally, if guns were gone they'd move onto knives, fists, etc.

But, but... guns give something to the users that knives, fists, etc don't give them. Distance.

If guns were taken out of the equation, I don't think murder rates would be as high. I'm not saying it would magically vanish, no, you'll still have those who stab and strangle, but you'll get rid of drive-bys, snipers, and things of that nature effectively. Unless they start to slingshot grenades.

Additionally, I mentioned before kids being hurt/killed by gunshots in Baltimore... now, in these cases, the media seemed to believe they were not intended to be shot but were caught in the crossfire of a gang battle. Well, without guns, that wouldn't have happened either.

A criminal is a criminal is a criminal. Do you think a law will stop them from using guns? What's the point in that? if anything, gun bans make gun crime go even higher seeing as the fugitives don't have to worry about getting shot themselves. It's called being proactive.

The liberal left doesn't appear to like the concept of regular folks having a way to protect themselves. It makes me wonder why. I've had situations where my life and property were in danger, so I would need a gun.

You're making assumptions you have no right making. Don' judge the kid, no one put you on a 'holier than thou' pedestal.

Even if my asumption was incorrect, my point was still vaild. The story included no details on what the alligator was doing.

Think about it. It's Fox. "Kid shoots wild-razor-jaw-snapping-'gator" > "Kid shoots alligator".

Even if my asumption was incorrect, my point was still vaild. The story included no details on what the alligator was doing.

Think about it. It's Fox. "Kid shoots wild-razor-jaw-snapping-'gator" > "Kid shoots alligator".

Innocent until proven guilty.

liberal left

Can we have any discussion on this board without this "conservative right", "liberal left" herp derpity?

I swear it gets really old when people conform themselves completely to the ideals of one party or another, and instead of talking with people, you're talking to rhetoric machines.

doesn't appear to like the concept of regular folks having a way to protect themselves.

I love when people phrase things like this, lol...

I'm opposed to gun ownership not so people CAN'T protect themselves, but so that criminals can't easily off every person they see from down the street.

I've had situations where my life and property were in danger, so I would need a gun.

This doesn't make sense. Have you been in these scenarios or not?

Can we have any discussion on this board without this "conservative right", "liberal left" herp derpity?

I swear it gets really old when people conform themselves completely to the ideals of one party or another, and instead of talking with people, you're talking to rhetoric machines.

I love when people phrase things like this, lol...

I'm opposed to gun ownership not so people CAN'T protect themselves, but so that criminals can't easily off every person they see from down the street.

This doesn't make sense. Have you been in these scenarios or not?

It's not wrong. Naturally, if guns were gone they'd move onto knives, fists, etc.

But, but... guns give something to the users that knives, fists, etc don't give them. Distance.

Note: I'm aware of the other text, but it is a somewhat long post.

Anywho, with that distance logic, now let's ban archery, as it's used for hunting and killing (Intention of it's creation). And arrows can be deadly and you'll hardly notice it zinging by in the hands of a professional.

So the kid killed a croc? Big whoop, moving/tranziling that crocodile would have cost a lot of money based off it's weight and distance to a safe wetland for release. Now it can be made in fried croc stew. (Which I enjoy ;D)

Note: I'm aware of the other text, but it is a somewhat long post.

Anywho, with that distance logic, now let's ban archery, as it's used for hunting and killing (Intention of it's creation). And arrows can be deadly and you'll hardly notice it zinging by in the hands of a professional.

So the kid killed a croc? Big whoop, moving/tranziling that crocodile would have cost a lot of money based off it's weight and distance to a safe wetland for release. Now it can be made in fried croc stew. (Which I enjoy ;D)

alligatorL_468x343.jpg
=/=
760393-A-member-of-the-crocodile-family-2.jpg

alligatorL_468x343.jpg
=/=
760393-A-member-of-the-crocodile-family-2.jpg

I'm AWARE of what a CROC and an Alligator is, quite frankly they are related to a point of indifferatation. Kinda like wolf= big puppy, or hammerhead vs. great white sharks. As long as it's in the same general group (in this case reptiles), I couldn't give a bit~

Seeing as how the only notable difference is their tooth structure, neither could I~

Seeing how they're both (Along with caimans) in the Order Crocodilia, it just makes it more moot, then it gets specific once you get into Family and Genus.

Come on, we're talking about a five year old kid here! I doubt he shot it just for fun or to make a wallet out of it... last time I checked, 5 year olds weren't sadistic creatures killing everything that moves without reason.

No hard feelings, but I think you're kind of overreacting.

We might as well close this. This wasn't supposed to be a politics thread.

That's a horrible comparison.

Did you picture what that would look like as you typed it? I don't think so because the mental image it generates is very silly. A urban gang war with people firing arrows off with quivers on their backs. Or, a disgruntled worker running into his workplace like that?

Archery isn't as easy pointing a gun at someone and pulling a trigger. Unless like you said, you are a professional, and that of course takes some time.

I really don't think everyone's going to move to bow and arrows if guns are banned, they'd probably just go to stabbing and strangulation first.

Arcane Mind said:
We might as well close this. This wasn't supposed to be a politics thread.

liberal left

Huh... didn't seem to bother you before.

Pheonicks said:
Ted Nugent on guns

Not sure why you reposted that, but...

I agree with what he says. I do believe people have a right to defend themselves. In a perfect world, he is absolutely correct.

However, we live in a world where people being gunned down are not the criminal, but the target of the criminal, and sometimes an innocent bystander. It's far from perfect.

Perhaps it was my being raised in a city, turning on the 5 o'clock news every day and hearing about people being gun down by some loser drug addict, I don't know.

You know, I think in the end I don't even know where I stand on this issue anymore. My posts argued against guns, but I also understand making them completely illegal would only make it so criminals ALONE could get them (as the alcohol ban created the american mobs), and make the innocent person utterly defenseless.

In conclusion; ???????????????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom