• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Soundtrack for your fic?

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
The old topic got dead, so here's a new one.

If you could create a soundtrack for your fic, what songs would you use in it? Feel free to make up your own fic-related titles for the songs.

I've already created a soundtrack for Bulbagarden!, which can be found here.

What about you?

What I have of the "Pokemon Magic of a Melody" soundtrack thus far (and what the songs really are):

1. Overture--The Legend of the Rainbow Symphony (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker-The Legendary Hero)
2. Welcome to Asimiro Lodge (Wild Arms-Town Theme)
3. Dreaming of Adventure-Ash's theme (Legend of Mana-The Wind Sings of a Journey)
4. Aspiring Mages (Mario Party 3-Preparations)
5. Saefleita Call-Pikachu (Dragon Quest VIII-Echo Flute 2)
6. Summon Cycle Lugia (Lugia's Song-Pokemon 2000)
7. Milina and Ash's theme (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete-Luna and Alex)
8. The Rainbow Symphony (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker-Sage Fado)
9. Setting Out (Pokemon HG/SS-Route 1)
10. Fight to Survive! (Dragon Quest VIII-Battle)
11. Safe at Home (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time-House)
12. Wisdom of the Heart-Kissa's theme (Suikoden-An Old Irish Song)
13. The Mysterious Singer (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker-Sage Laruto)
14. Carried on Heartstrings-Brock's theme (Dragon Quest VIII-Carry these Feelings on the Harp)
15. A Promise to Unleash the Colors-theme of the heroes (Fairy Tail-Main theme (slow))
16. Basics of Song Magic (Xenosaga III-In a Limestone Cave)
17. New Day In Town-Town theme (Fairy Tail-Happy's theme)
18. Tales of Wonder (Legend of Mana-Nostalgic Song)
19. A Tale from the Heart (Final Fantasy X-Silence Before the Storm)
20. On an Endless Road (Final Fantasy VI-Terra)
21. Stories These Halls Could Tell (Legend of Mana-Lumina)
22. I Sing of Confidence-Roni's theme (Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga-Teehee Valley)
23. Out of the Ground, Raze All Greenery in Flame!-battle theme 1 (Fairy Tail-Natsu's theme)
24. Welcome to Whitespell (Wild Arms 3-A Person's Warmth)
25. Seeking Information (Chrono Trigger-Wind Scene)
26. All is Well, I'm Here-Dawn's theme (Fairy Tail-Mirajane's theme)
27. Whitespell Under Fire! (Romancing Saga 3-Boss Battle)
28. Ancient Light, Rise and Revive-white magic cast/Song Magic cast (Fairy Tail-Tsuioku)
29. Guiding Light, Shed Magic Power From Above!-tide turns in heroes' favor (Fairy Tail-Invoke Magic)
30. Unleash the Colors of a Melody (fast)-heroes' victory (Fairy Tail-Main Theme)
31. In the Catacombs (Fairy Tail-Shadows Creeping)
32. Miyakawa, Guardian of the Earth (Golden Sun-Kolima Forest)
33. The Shadow of the Earth-Theme of the Hokage (Final Fantasy VII-Cosmo Canyon)
34. A Test for the Chosen (Tales of Symphonia-Asgard)
35. Resisting the Dark Water (Super Castlevania IV-Cave)
36. Miyakawa's Pride-Janine's theme (Super Paper Mario-Sammer Kingdom)
37. Contemplating Answers (Chrono Trigger-Secret of the Forest)
38. Hikari no Shizen (Soukaigi-Fire Wire)
39. What Are You Doing Here, Roni? (Yoshi's Island DS-Windblown Wilderness)
40. Ash Explains the Rules (Star Ocean 2: The Second Story-Shower of Blossoms)
41. The Waterfall's Secrets (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time-Forest Temple)
42. And So, Our Journey Continues (Okami-Ryoshima Coast)
43. Strolling Through a Bustling Town (Tales of Legendia-The Meeting Place is the Fountain Plaza)
44. Temple of Anima (Dragon Quest 9-The Observatory)
45. It Is I, Anima (Final Fantasy 7-Aerith)
46. To the Mountains! (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening-Tal Tal Mountains)
47. Safety Among the Storm (Terranigma-Crysta)
48. Long Ago, It Was Said... (Chrono Trigger-The Brink of Time)
49. The Legend of Miyakawa (Shadow Hearts-Highnoon Fish)
50. Relaxing Under the Stars (Kingdom Hearts 2-Lazy Afternoons)
51. Sakura turns to Ice (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana-Village of Snow and Glass)
52. Welcome to the Woods (3D.Game Heroes-Wilderness)
53. Wandering in the Cold (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue-Mt. Freeze)
54. Let Our Songs Combine (Final Fantasy VI-Prelude)

Last edited:
Ooh, I love soundtracks! This should be fun.

1) Welcome to Blinto (Rhythm Paradise - Game Select B)
2) Sunrise Town (Mario Kart Wii - DS Delfino Square)
3) Ready to Roll (Alfie's Theme) (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - Ace Trainer)
4) Brilliant Lights (Ella's Theme) (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Artist)
5) Speeding Forward (Jacob's Theme) (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Rival Encounter)
6) The Routes Beyond (Route 160/161/163/164) (Mario Kart Wii - Coconut Mall)
7) Pokémon Colosseum (Super Paper Mario - Wedding Waltz)
8) The Show of Wonders (Professors' Theme) (Rhythm Paradise - Splashdown)
9) Fahrenheit City/Celsius City (Rhythm Paradise - Space Soccer)
10) Conquer All Evils (Team Rocket Elite's Theme)(Super Mario Galaxy - Purple Comet)
11) Strange Forces (Z's Theme) (Black/White - Champion Encounter)
12) Rocket Elite Battle (HeartGold/SoulSilver - Rocket Battle)
13) Fahrenheit Routes (Route 165/166/167/173) (Mario Kart Wii - Koopa Cape)
14) Mysterious Ruins (Black/White - N's Castle Bridge)
15) Darker than Night (Meister's Theme/???'s Theme) (Black/White - Geechisu Encounter)
16) Cave Exploration (Professor Layton and Pandora's Box - Lost Forest)
17) Son of Power (Cronos' Theme) (Black/White - N Encounter)
18) Cirrus Town/Cumulus Town/Aurora Town (New Super Mario Bros. Wii - World 9)
19) Seafaring (New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Underwater)
20) The High Court (Professor Layton and the Curious Village - The Plot Thickens)
21) Ultimate Battles (VS ???) (Black/White - Geechisu Battle)
22) Badge Battle (VS Gym Leader) (Black/White - Gym Leader Battle)
23) Stormlook City/Rainbreak City (Mario Kart Wii - Moonview Highway)
24) Helpers (Mario 64 - Slider)
25) Central Routes (Route 168/169/170/171/172) (Mario Kart Wii - Luigi Circuit)

Well, that's all for now, but I'll be back with more later.

Last edited:
The old topic got dead, so here's a new one.

I do think you mean the old topic died. (Sorry, I'm a Grammar Nazi xD)

Anyway, Time for Change soundtrack anyone?

1)Time for Change (The theme song) {Life in Technicolor-Coldplay}

2)The Change {D/P Uxie/Mespirit/Azelf Battle Theme

3)Here he comes, and he's ready to kill! (LanceX's/The Shadowmancer's theme song) {Spirited Away-Nighttime Coming}

4)The Enemies Within Ourselves {D/P Before Battle-Champion Cynthia

5)LanceX's HQ {D/P Team Galactic HQ Theme Song

6)Escape! {D/P Legendary Battle theme

7)Into the Reverse World {Pokemon Platinum-Distortion World Theme Song

8)Ambush! {Pokemon Platinum-Giratina Battle Theme}

9)Farewell, Ho-Oh {Broken Moon (Suika's Theme)}

10)The Final Battle {Spirited Away-The Bottomless Pit}

11)Sacred Fire (Ho-Oh's Theme Song) {Last of the Wilds-Nightwish}

12)Why? (Ho-OhxThe Shadowmancer theme song) {Spirited Away-The Sixth Station}

13)A Corrupted Soul vs. A Pure Soul (Giratina vs. The Shadowmancer) {D/P Galactic Boss Battle}

14)Awakening (Dancing Shadows){Spirited Away-Day of the River}

15)Destiny (I Love You)(CresseliaxGiratina Theme Song) {Spirited Away-Chihiro No Waltz

I think that's it :D Sorry for all the D/P songs xD. The older versions didn't really seem to fit.

Last edited:
My fic has a literal soundtrack - interleaved with the fic itself. So far there have been three songs used:

Mezase Pokemon Master, by Rica Matsumoto - Chapter 2, opening theme
Kaze no Message, by "Rica Matsumoto" (I got the name wrong in the fic >_>) - Chapter 12, basketball match
Nonstop, by Brenda Vaughn - Chapter 18, Ken's comeback

And TBI (massive spoilers):

Sora Iro Days, by Nakagawa Shouko - Chapter 50, final battle
Ready Go!, by Naomi Tamura - Chapter 51, closing theme
Total War, by Jun'ichi Masuda - Chapter 52, epilogue

Hmm... Field Research is a bit too long to have a proper soundtrack, so here's a list of songs that, if you're reading FR, you must play when the related character is speaking. These are just characters who struck me as needing theme songs, so not everyone is represented. I also wrote explanations in a spoiler at the bottom.

Lung Jove- Great King Rat (Queen)

Katrina Magdaline- One More Time (Daft Punk)

Steven- I'm In Love With My Car (Queen)

Daniel "Danny Edvinson" Edvinson- Meet Cleofis Randolph the Patriarch (Deltron)

Cammaren- Spanish Caravan (The Doors)

Ken Russel- I'm Going Slightly Mad (Queen)

Justin Sanson- Tenement Funster (Queen)

Caitie Savers- Hong Kong (Gorillaz)

Elijah Kojiro- Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to...) (Queen)

Barnabas- King of Pain (The Police) (Here's an excellent cover by Mudvayne, if you're into metal.)

Jason Gestas- Faust (Gorillaz)

Elisabeth Tabor- Doncamatic (All Played Out) (Gorillaz featuring Daley)

Darius- Too Much Information (The Police)

Gregory Smith- Bijou (Queen)

Lung Jove- Even though he was introduced late in the story, he's still the Big Bad. With capital Bs. He may not swear every second word, and he didn't die of Syphilis, but everything else in this song is true about him.

Katrina Magdaline- She has a theme song in universe that her Porygon plays everywhere she goes. I don't think there's a song in real life that sounds like what I imagine, but One More Time is about as close as you can get. Not to mention how synthetic it sounds. Katrina is all about the false.

Steven- The only things we know about this guy would be that he loves cars, and he loves rock music. He may only speak once or twice, but this song is still the theme song for whenever the main characters take a ride in his car.

Daniel "Danny Edvinson" Edvinson- What's happening?

Cammaren- This was hard to choose. It needed to be a quiet, yet powerful, song in a minor key. Cammaren is, quite possibly, the deepest character in Field Research. A simple song would not work.

Ken Russel- You got kicked out of your job because you gave your boss a "suggestion" when he demoted you. All of a sudden, you've been invited into a crime team. You've been given a dangerous creature who can talk to you telepathically, and you're told to go leave the town and do research so the team can get rich. You're stuck with a semi-incompetent and his not-quite-as-incompetent lady love, and now you're a target for another evil team. Guess what? Turns out your crazy gypsy mother actually could see the future, and she passed that psychic gene onto you. Within a month, you've been forced out of your home, you've joined a crime team, you've become a Pokémon trainer, you've discovered you're a psychic, a tabloid's started following your every movement, you've been torn out of your body multiple times, you've had your hand bitten, smashed, and all hell else. You've had your already mangled nose broken, and on top of all of that, the dangerous creature you've been given turned out to be a wise-ass who really doesn't give a damn. I'd be going slightly mad, too.

Justin Sanson- A huge contrast with Ken. Justin's always been a dreamer, and he's finally living his biggest dream. This song's about a dreamer, someone who wants to get out and do something. Justin's wanted to go on a Pokémon journey for as long as he could remember, and he finally got to start at the age of twenty-one. People see him as incompetent and ridiculous, but he's finally proving his worth. He couldn't care less about the pay. He's still dreaming.

Caitie Savers- Melancholy, kind, et cetera. It fits.

Elijah Kojiro- You suck my blood like a leech, you break the law and you preach. This song's about Freddie Mercury's manager, but it could just as easily be about Elijah. In the story so far, he's crippled Elisabeth, he's (accidentally) killed a grunt, he's joined the enemy team, and he's plotting the assassination of a former ally. All because he felt insulted because he was given assignments that matched his (extremely low) competence level.

Barnabas- The sounds, the meaning and everything else in this song could be linked to Barnabas. Living in constant pain from a curse put onto him when he was ten years old, unable to die until he fixes the chaos that he caused in his younger years. Despite this, he manages to keep a lawful good alignment. It really doesn't help that the same person who put that curse on him is constantly trying to convince him to kill himself, so he could stop causing chaos. Seems Jason (and his Dusknoir) don't realize that he's fixing his mistakes so he can die without leaving the world spiraling out of control. Oh, and he's a living Yin-Yang, or possibly a half-moon cookie. Half-moons are delicious. In fact, the possible sequel about Barnabas I'm considering writing is named King of Pain.

Jason Gestas- He's world weary. He has a pact with Death. He was supposed to die when he was ten years old, but his own stupidity and disregard for the powers that be made it impossible for him to do anything. He is forced to remain true neutral in everything, despite his wishes. All he wanted was to put some restless spirits at ease, but he placed a curse on his hometown and doomed his only friend to a life of pain. The most he could do was become a gym leader and instruct other mediums on how to remain neutral with their powers, to avoid the fate that he doomed himself to. Several suicide attempts imparted on him the knowledge that his life cannot finish until Barnabas, who he cursed, passed away. Once again, King of Pain (possibly) will do a bit of explaining. After a hard day, it's time wake up. This song IS Jason.

Elisabeth Tabor- Mad genius, lively, somewhat impulsive. This song sort of just... Fits. She's more into rock, though, so she would disagree about this being her theme song.

Darius- Wait, did I give Darius a surname yet? Oh, damn. Let's call him Jacobin. That fits well. Anyway, this song is about information overload. Darius is all about information. He has OCD, he's the Business and Economics Administrator for Team Magnum, and he has a nagging voice in his head that will occasionally correct him. He's also annoyed by little things, like when that shadow appears on his television. This is a good song for an über-efficient character.

Gregory Smith- The poor guy. I can't write much. I want to keep his backstory a bit blurry. This song makes sense, though. Read between the lines, if you really care.

I have no idea yet but I REALLY want one but it will be a massive pain to make.

Lugia's theme will definitely be Requiem Rave. THAT I know.

Let me guess, because of 2000?

Yeah.

Altaria's Unchain the Rain will probably be the "Escape From Altomare Theme".

The hover skiff flight theme will probably be the Golden Sun II late game overworld theme

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom