• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SOVA Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point, gadfly.

And by the way, the email has been sent. I hope Veronica reads it soon, and that she also gets a chance to reply to it. :)

Length-wise, the email was similar to my posts on here, cause it was pretty long. XD

Why do I bother?

The faint, swiftly diminishing glimmer of hope that today's youth may give up pointless crusades such as this, the likes of which insignificant in the face of the world's overall scheme of things and put their efforts into tackling serious, consequential issues challenging the Earth's and mankind's future that may, in the end, be decided by them? o_o

(To SOVAers: I support ya, but...there are more important things and I do hope that you guys, who have an insane amount of spirit and hope, will someday put that passion into the future. Granted, in the truly grand scope of everything, the entire Earth and its inhabitants are barely a speck in the universe, which would be completely unaffected by our demise...)

I have a new idea. ^_^

And I think it has potential to be a new SOVA project. The only problem, and probably the only thing holding this back, is the fact that it costs money (and a little time as well)....

Okay, basically this project would involve everyone buying custom made M&M's candy (using our own messages), receiving them and then sending them to either: xdeadpan, Mistress Puff, or Pokemon USA (or for a shorter, alternate method - if you have the respective address, you could just have the M&M's sent to xdeadpan, Mistress Puff, or Pokemon USA). If you want to try this, just go to the website:

http://www.mymms.com/customprint

Here are the instructions. First, you have to choose the two colors for your M&M's.

Then, you get to choose the messages for each M&M. You get to have two different messages (there are two lines provided on each message - however, you can only have up to 8 letters on one line, so you should choose you words carefully).

And of course, the last step is choosing the packaging (apparently, the way this company gets you is like this: for example, if you choose the first type of packaging then you have to buy 4 items in quantity, in order to buy the custom made M&Ms).

However, there is a good deal that goes along with this. In the right hand corner of the site, where you see an area for the promotion code, enter this: bonus 5.

This allows you to add a little more to your order, because you get extra custom made M&M's for free (if you get the packaging for 4 items, they give you a 5th item - I don't know how it works for the other packages though). ^^

Personally, if I had enough money in my bank account, I'd do this because it would be well worth it.

The best part is, they allow you to add abbreviations into your message. That's awesome!!

So anyway, I didn't buy any of the M&M's, but I did play around with the message thing for a while.

And I came up with a few good messages which could work for us.

Message 1: Save Our VAs NOW! (Save Our - line 1, VAs NOW! - line 2)
Message 2: The Fans AGREE!!! (The Fans - line 1, AGREE!!! - line 2)

Or, if it would work better, you could even reverse it so that the message reads: The Fans AGREE!!! (line 1) Save Our VAs NOW! (line 2).

And here's another one I thought of, as well. ^^

Message 1: The fans want.... (The fans - line 1, want.... - line 2)
Message 2: Original VAs now!! (Original - line 1, VAs now!! - line 2)

Last edited:
Hey! That sounds cool Lisa! Thanks for sharing that with us!

But as I pointed out months ago, is bugging them with stuff really the answer?

Lisa, that's an awesome idea! Lol I thought of real M&Ms when I read your post.

Does anyone here go to Carnivals or festivals? Maybe some how you could spread the word there.

Last edited:
No, the cold, hard facts of contract law and the even colder, harder laws of marketing will decide.

What I meant was, if the VAs say, "give up, it wont happen. there's no way." then would SOVA really have a point in continuing?

Lisa, the m&m's idea is fantastic. Probably SOVA's best bet project wise, HOWEVER, first obviously wait for the VAs to respond.

Are the poll results on different SOVA sites and branches go to PUSA?

Does anyone here go to Carnivals or festivals? Maybe some how you could spread the word there.

Well, I do... though here in the little town I live in, here in Australia, i'd be pretty safe to say that no one would have any idea of what i'm talking about.

But after sharing this with my friend she suggested we make up little flyers and hand them out during the festivals we go to... just something simple with a bit of bg info and where to go for more information (eg the web site) and what they can do to help. (letters ect)

For those who live in a more "productive" areas.. does this sound like a good idea? It'd be rather simple... and we would be once again spreading our plight.

Every little thing counts. ^_^

Oh, and I liked the mnm idea too.. yummm :p

I had just sent a letter via MySpace to Eric Stuart, but I doubt that I'll get a response. I may be spending the day at the Maryland State Fair in Timonium, MD. I may be able to do something there possibly at either the 4-H building or the Cow Palace. I will be taking the Light Rail to get there.
Ben

Last edited:
But...will the VAs respond?
I really hope... Rachael hasn't responded to my email either. She usually responds in a few hours -- But my email had a lot in it. I don't think she'll leave me in the dark..

Let's not forget WPM's source also contacted me through an intermediary. I posted it.

As I recall, I posted that WPM was making his own conclusions.

Search this site if you care.
Hmm, I searched your posts gadfly and I couldn't find it -- Was it posted when you were unregistered?

I really love the M&M idea Lisa! ^^ It's very cute. Like the noodles!! But I agree with Rachel, I think the best thing for us to do is just wait it out. I want to continue calling and such, but without the VAs firmly behind us, I don't know what more I can do...

Hmm, I searched your posts gadfly and I couldn't find it -- Was it posted when you were unregistered?

No, I was registered. I think it was shortly after last year's ComicCon (June or July 2006) when WPM came back and bragged about talking to PUSA reps. I referred to WPM's source as The Source. Quite a few people posted comments. I have no clue which forum/thread I used.

Last edited:
I'm confused as to what to do now...

Normally I'm not the type who would let a guy like Larry get to me, but...

...if legal action is taken on all of SOVA, would that include ALL its members, like me? My parents would ban me from Pokémon forever if something like that was to happen...

Honestly, is/can Larry do anything to SOVA's members?

Shane, I think your question has already been answered in this thread. And if I remember correctly, it was answered by both mogoldmember and the gadfly.

Though, I don't remember what page it was on. But anyway, if you search this thread, you'll eventually find what you're looking for.... ^^

I really love the M&M idea Lisa! ^^ It's very cute. Like the noodles!!
Thanks, Puff! ^_^

And thanks everyone, for the nice comments about the M&M idea. I just got the idea the other day, while I was watching TV (they had a commercial, showing how you could put your own messages on M&Ms).

But I agree with Rachel, I think the best thing for us to do is just wait it out. I want to continue calling and such, but without the VAs firmly behind us, I don't know what more I can do...
Yeah, I know what you mean.

And I completely agree with both you and Rachel.

Although, currently, I have yet to receive a reply from Veronica. But yeah, you're exactly right. We're just gonna have to wait, and see what happens. ^^

Anyway, I'm confident that I'll receive a reply from Veronica soon. And given time, you will most likely receive emails from the other VAs as well. So I don't think we have any reason to worry about "not" getting replies from the VAs.

I can comment on Maddie's blog asking her if she can pop in.

She's on her blog daily.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited:
Wow... I've missed so much. But with my cats all going to the vet because they're all infected with mites, worms, and other fun parasites, I haven't had a chance to get my parents to drag me to the library to mooch their taxpayer-supported wifi...

Anyway, Lisa's been keeping me posted through the wonder of telephone, and after what certain comments started elsewhere on these forums, I have some new ground rules for us to keep in mind.

1. Don't say anything you wouldn't want used against us. I won't point fingers here, because we've all been guilty of it, but here's a tip: if it's emotionally charged, type it out in Word or something, wait about a half hour, then read it again and ask yourself "Am I proud of this?" If the answer is no, then don't post it. Simple, no?

And the other:

2. If WPM (well, others as well, but mostly him) posts something incendiary, IGNORE IT. Don't even acknowledge it. He only wants to get attention, and by reacting to his comments, we're just giving him what he wants. I can't say this enough. Argue one of his points if you must, but leave it at that. End of story.

Now that all that's out of the way, new plan, that may or may not work. How about a documentary? Yeah, laugh, but hear me out first. They claim the fans "like" the cast, right? Despite what Shane found, et cetera. So, if anyone's headed to some kind of convention (sadly, I'm counted out of this, reasons to be revealed later), bring a camera with you, and if the situation comes up in a conversation or something with someone else who doesn't like the new cast, you ask them if they want to be in the video, then videotape their comments. Of course, you can add yourself, as well, but you get the general idea. Then it's off to editing (most computers these days ship with Windows Movie Maker or Final Cut, right?) and posting to YouTube. The truly wonderful thing about this is that, assuming there's no anime clips, they really don't have much power to take it down.

(I WOULD do this next week at GenCon, but since I have the editing software but not the camera...)

Like I said, clever idea I came up with because I have way too much time on my hands. But if anyone's willing to take it up.. that would be great.

Hey, that IS a good idea! If only I had a digital recorder...

Anyone?

I have a HP Photosmart with video capabilities and a 1 gigabyte memory card that can hold up to 2 and a half hours worth of video.
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom