• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Special Delivery!

Good morrow, Hawthorn,

May thee taketh this post as an invitation to write about something random in reply. I think you should talk about Pokémon. Or tell me something cool about hawks. As detailed as possible, please. Thank you.

Most sincerest goodest regardiest regards,
Oki

are there are any berries here...? (hello!)
always! Who would I be if I didn't keep a plethora of berries for people to enjoy just laying around?
hi! I hope you've been doing well!

Or tell me something cool about hawks. As detailed as possible, please. Thank you.
Hawks first!
Did you know falconry is commonly referred to as "hawking"? While kestrels, peregrine falcons, and a whole manner of impressive birds of prey have a huge place in the sport, hawks are no stranger! Red-tailed hawks specifically are regarded as a sturdy, reliable beginner bird. They're often the first animal new falconers work with, and make for a very loyal hunting buddy.

In fact, a loyal and well-trained Red-tail could (potentially) be flown without the use of telemetry! Telemetry is a system made up of a transmitter worn by the hawk, and a receiver in possession of the falconer. With the help of this, people are able to locate their birds much more efficiently.

Other hawks used in the sport include the Harris's Hawk, Cooper's Hawk, Goshawk, Sharp-shinned Hawk, and the largest hawk in North America; the Ferruginous Hawk!

I've actually had some brief experience caring for a kestrel, as well as some training in the use of hawking gloves! It's, a, uh... fun but intimidating process, and I really admire the people who do it on the regular.

I think you should talk about Pokémon.
I keep looking for Pokemon plushies lately! Specifically a little Togekiss I could hang off my backpack or something like that... All the sitting cuties kind of have my heart, and as someone who reaaaaally loves to decorate with stuffed animals, a part of me wishes I could actually collect them all.

It'd especially be nice to get my hands on some of the older plushies you showed me, Oki! I wish I could find them just laying around thrift stores like you can with Beanie Babies (I've looked, and there's none so far...), but oh well.
you should let me hold the ones you have i prooommmise i wouldn't ever steal them. ever ever ever

Also, unrelated to anything, but my herb garden is doing really well and I'm just excited about that! Walking into the kitchen to see everyone just a little taller has been a great boost to my mood. Plus using them in cooking (and tea! I have mint!) is really rewarding, you know? I hope it continues to grow!

That's all, I think! Thanks for saying hi and thank you Oki for allowing me to offer hawk facts :bulbaLove:

once oki mentioned your coffee preferences being... very unlike his lol.

5FC2AA4D-35C7-4BF7-BAB3-B5AAC52E8694.jpeg

personally, i like mine... well, whichever way. milkshake coffee is great, but, normal(?) is also good too. coffee is coffee, after all~

but i'm here to show hawthorn something from a visual novel i was playing that reminded me of this, and of him (by extension).

0AF1384E-2949-4580-A67D-33489CDABF4A.jpeg

aside from that, i hope that you've been doing well hawthorn! it's still shamrock shake season, i think, and i think it'd be good if they made those into coffee somehow, sometime.

so well... i guess i'd like to hear more about what you like for coffee sometime? i'm still a beginner with it after all.. and i guess, what you've been doing lately for tea too, i've been drinking tea a little more lately, especially when it rains..

anyways, hello to you, i guess it's saturday for you now but... have a good day soon okay?

(hello~)

Hi! Sorry I'm replying so late, I've been pretty tuckered out lately. The milkshake coffee accusations are true - close friends are routinely disgusted by, uh, just how much sugar I eat. My sweet tooth is my greatest weakness.
The visual novel looks really nice, by the way, and I'm honored it reminded you of me!!

it's still shamrock shake season
Funny you mention that! I actually tried one for the first time recently, and it was.... surprising? It tasted sort of like mint chocolate chip ice cream.. But, yeah, it could be neat as a coffee! You can never go wrong with mint flavor.

As for my coffee, it's nothing fancy, I'm sorry! I just buy whatever's cheapest, buuuut I do really recommend using brown sugar instead of white sugar. It tastes so cozy and maple syrup-y, it's really good. Otherwise, I've been drinking lots of green tea and earl grey lately =] I hope you've been enjoying your own favorites, too!

But, yes! Hi! I have had a very nice day since you posted this! Lots of good things and good luck all around, so even if I have been very tired, I'm doing my best to be thankful and happy about all the nice things going on at the moment.
specifically the mock orange growing just outside.. I keep going out every day just to admire it!

Hope your day (and week and night and so forth) have been good, too!
i need to actually make a post like i've been saying i would.. lots of things happening, lots of things to say, and then i just don't say them! maybe eventually..

hiiii hawthorn, i hope you've been well! i hope it's okay for me to barge in again like this... i brought cookies!

I had chamomile tea a few days ago, it was really good but to be honest, it kind of made me sleepy...? LOL. I want to try more fruity kinds now, but I only have wintry flavors right now, like peppermint or... gingerbread lol. And recently I had green tea boba as well, and it was super good... I like green tea a lot, but I don't have it very much sadly.

Have you had boba before? (I hope so...)

also any tea recommendations lately???

Aside from all of that, I do hope that you're doing well... with Oki by your side, I suppose you're doing alright at least, right? Hopefully..

I am Hawthorn's tea friend... lol

Last edited:
Hi! Thank you for the cookies, and of course it's okay !! I feel like I should apologize for how quiet I've been lately, things have just been so busy. If I'm not working, I'm dead asleep ^^ Today's my day off, though, and it's nice to relax a bit
even if I miss work already
I want to try more fruity kinds now
Incoming millions of recommendations!!

I can't stress cherry blossom green tea enough, it's so good, or maybe an iced matcha latte. Buut you might also enjoy hibiscus, raspberry, or a ginger and peach tea. I used to have a really, really tasty blend just packed with things like apples, orange peels, rosehips, and lemongrass! Anything with lemongrass is usually pretty good, actually.

Oh, and if you enjoyed that chamomile, I recommend lavender tea, too! It tastes like springtime, plus it's just as relaxing. Sadly, I've never had boba. =[ A new cafe sells it in town, though, so I'm hoping to try it soon!

I am Hawthorn's tea friend... lol
Makes me impossibly happy !!! High fiving you about our mutual excitement on all kinds of teas, it's so fun getting to talk about different kinds and personal favorites. If you get to try any of the ones above, I'd love to know what you think !

Aside from all of that, I do hope that you're doing well... with Oki by your side, I suppose you're doing alright at least, right? Hopefully..
I have much to say, so under a spoiler it goes !!
I got my dream job! It's why I've been so worn out and quiet lately, but rest assured it's because I'm just super busy - I'm actually doing way better than I've been in a long, long time. It's a little surreal, honestly.

Oki's been sticking with me through the process of getting my interview set up (I was super close to chickening out, or at least just.... getting so nervous I could've thrown up in the parking lot or something), but he kind of kicked me back into gear. I think he was more certain I'd get the job than I was. That confidence really helped, so if you see this Oki, thank youuu!
and sorry for onnllyy ever talking about the job nowadays.. ^^

So, I think I've mentioned my goal was to work with wildlife before? I can't be too sure, but anyway, I've been applying since my last internship ended without much success. The animal world can be really competitive, and I'm not as experienced as a lot of the other applicants, so I just wasn't guaranteed any of those positions I wanted. There was an opening back in February somewhere close by and I applied on a whim, only to be blown away when they called me a couple months later.

Oki helped keep me sane while I waited for the in-person interview, and now I still can't hardly believe I'm actually working here. Sometimes, I still think I'm going to wake up all of a sudden and realize I've been dreaming. But now I get to learn more than I ever imagined, and help teach others in turn!

I hope you're doing well, too, though !! I wanna share my good luck and good days with everybody, and thank you for stopping by to say hi !!

how've the wolves been lately?
They've been loving this cooler weather almost as much as we have! Pleasant mornings, cool breezes, and perfect workday weather has been abound lately, and both staff and the wolves are delighted. Everyone's been extra playful and it is so, so fun to watch; seeing these guys happy is enough to make your entire day feel wonderfully warm, I wish I could explain it properly.

Also, sorry for such a late reply! I've been super busy lately, and I just... haven't sat down and really focused on anything, y'know? This means I've been neglecting my time on the forums a bit, which I really want to change !! Maybe I can find a little more balance with work and life soon.

Aand username change - look, look !! I'm glad to have one a little closer to the heart finally; I do like hawthorns since I enjoy most plants, but airmail was the name of my grandpa's favorite dog from stories he told me growing up. Plus it's just a very fun word to say!

Thanks for saying hi by the way !! Sorry again for the long wait, I'll eventually settle down and stop burning the candle at both ends....
probably!

happy new year!
....hi, and happy new year!

lots to say; lots going on, and looooots of work! i think i've been neglecting the forums more than a little bit (and i feel so awfully about it, but every time i crack open my laptop, i fall asleep right on the keyboard!), so i thought a blog post might help me gain a little more energy! heading into the new year, i'd definitely like to be more active on here, it's just a matter of figuring out a proper work/life balance.

work talk in the spoiler!
i'm working.. a lot. each day is a new experience spent learning about animals and teaching people about them in turn, and i have to say, spending all day long around wolves is pretty good for the mental health! all the animals i work with are absolutely my family at this point, and i find myself realizing just how far i'd go for them if need be. that's also why i've been so hard to reach in general lately — sunrise to sundown just about every day, i'm out in the field! it's worth it, but i probably do need to slow down before i burn myself out.

the dilemma is that i love what i do so much i don't want to take a long break, and when i do, i end up missing all the creatures! this month i'll be piling on extra days, though maybe February will grant me a bit of rest and recuperation time.

also, i've discovered a massive love for public speaking! growing up i suffered from a lot of social anxiety and tended to hide from every interaction, but being out here has really given me a confidence boost. now when i want to say hi to people, i do — striking up conversations is fun instead of terrifying! getting to know all folks from all over the world, making friends who share similar passions, and even just being silly for the crowds when i've got my mic on! honestly, i didn't realize just how extroverted i was until i actually began putting myself out there. it's.. really nice, honestly, and i feel so, so much better than i ever have now that i'm just around people and animals all the time.
also, i've managed to badger just about everyone into trying my silly drinks! apparently if you hop around the room and ask enough times, people relent to letting you make them coffee/tea. now i'm working each morning on something new and exciting to share with people, and so far, it's been a hit! nothing warms my heart more than seeing people enjoy the things i make, doubly so when it's something i really care about. they've created a monster though, because even when the weather warms up... i want to keep making things! can't wait to make a violet lemonade in the springtime.

but i'm getting ahead of myself! i think maybe i'm just excited to see what the future holds, even if it's just good foraging and flowery recipes. here's to tea, wolves, and me finally being awake enough to write an update post! hope everyone's having a lovely January!
hopefully i can keep this up...

thank you for the juice!

how's life in the world of airmail?
busy! i know you know, but gee, i feel like i haven't really been able to slow down since my last post. every day's been a whole lot of go go go! and not a lot of resting, but it's good... even though i miss getting to spend time with my fan club ^^

spring foraging has been a blast, though! flowers and fresh greens, berries, and everything's alive again. the wolves are blowing their coats, and our pups are closing in on their first year! it feels like yesterday they were small enough to hold all together, but these days, they're looking like grown wolves. wish they'd slow down a little — it makes me awful sentimental to see the babies getting older =[

though as much as i love it, it'd be nice to have a breather! i feel like we never get to hang out anymore, and when we do, i'm only able to stay awake for 5 seconds before the day catches up with me.. more caffeine in my future i think !!
i'll have more, and hopefully very fun, updates in a month or so however!

mayday! New
haaaaappy May!​

i'm writing this as i wait for my last load of laundry to dry, and then i'm heading out again! it kinda feels like i'm never home anymore, but it's worth it, y'know? although these days, i think i miss my bed... :hmm:

things are going good, though! warm days and fresh food, new people (some great, some. . uh, memorable?), and so much lemonade i think i might be made of the stuff now. looks like summer's officially on its way, and as a warm weather creature by heart, i can't deny being excited! i'll miss you dearly, springtime, but i suppose now i'll be soaking up the sunshine!

oh, also. . i got a tattoo =P it's a pink flowering dogwood branch on my upper arm! i've always had a special fondness for the tree; its associations with the spring and the fact i've always had one close by for the majority of my life. a dogwood has always been where i go to feel better, so... now i've always got one with me!

gee, i thought i had more energy in me, but i'm starting to worry i need to slow down... life's become something of a blur for awhile now, and i know i'm doing it to myself. all i've done is rush through things without giving myself a second to stop, and when i do, i just think about what else i can be doing..

it'd be nice to learn to take it easy. as quickly as i go through things, i'm starting to wonder if i'm sprinting past opportunities without even giving them a glance. my goals are important, but.. maybe i've made them more important than anything else without quite realizing. everything i have presently is being put on the shelf in favor of racing to the future, and when i do that, i forget just how nice it is to take things as they come. i also forget to be a person a little bit, and not just a little machine ^^; but even typing this, i'm telling myself; "i'll relax after all the work is done!"

i guess it can't be helped, huh? i'll shake off the worry soon enough anyhow, probably by throwing myself headfirst back into the fray, but hey, it counts !!

but, off i go! at least i remembered to pack more tea this time! >=]

Back
Top Bottom