• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Special: Uncover All Mysteries! The Pocket Monsters XY&Z Complete Overview Special!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Here's a translation of what the special is about, courtesy of Dephender, who also translated the title of the special.

A two hour special will be shown on New Year's Eve, Thursday December 31st!

A two hour special will be shown on New Year's Eve, Thursday December 31st! It's called the "Uncover All Mysteries! The Pocket Monsters XY&Z Complete Overview Special!!"

Part 1: 6am-7am:
We will show a double feature consisting of the Pocket Monsters XY special "The Strongest Mega Evolution Act IV", which holds the key to the new series, as well as episode 1 of "Pocket Monsters XY&Z", where all the mysteries begin!

Part 2: 7am-7:55am:
We will spend an hour looking back at the adventures that have take place in Pocket Monsters XY&Z so far, attempting to fully understand all the mysteries!

What is the secret the never-before-seen legendary Pokémon Zygarde hides!?
What is the mysterious phenomenon that only happens with Ash's Greninja!?
What are the goals of Alan and the mysterious organization Team Flare, who stand in Ash and his friends' way!?

If you watch this special, you'll get a through understanding of the highlights of the new series!
As a special bonus, we'll also present upcoming developments of interest!

Ash and Alan finally clash!!
The evil organization Team Flare VS Team Rocket!!
And Serena's Tripokalons!

"Pocket Monsters XY&Z" will be filled with excitement next year as well!
Don't miss Ash and friends' super thrilling adventures!

...okay, but there's really not much to talk about.

"XY&Z" hasn't been around very long (not even 10 episode by the time this special airs), and little of note has happened...

We finally get to see both Ash and Alan battle each other, it's going to be a crazy battle! I wonder what caused them to start battling. Maybe when Alan sees Squishy and tries to get him to help Mairin's Chespin, but Ash and his friends stops him and Bonnie goes to protect Squishy from Allen, then Ash and Alan battle each other. I can't wait to see what actually happens! :D Speaking of Mairin's Chespin, I wonder how he's doing since we haven't see him and Marin since Mega Evolution IV.

We finally get to see Team Rocket going against another villainous team! I wonder if we're going to see Giovanni, Butch, and Cassidy there as well. We really haven't seen Butch and Cassidy in a really long time and I like the reaction he gets when the characters says Butches name wrong. XD
Hm I wonder if Looker will make another appearance.
Speaking of Looker, I wonder when he'll appear in XY&Z. We haven't seen him in a few years.

The evil organization Team Flare VS Team Rocket!!

Even though this originally sent the thought of an epic Giovanni v. Lysandre battle into my head, I can't help but remember that the eleventh episode of Episode N was titled Rocket-dan VS Plasma-dan! but ended up featuring the TRio spending an episode chatting with Colress at his lab.

Here's hoping my expectations are exceeded.

Looks like a good special, and it will probably have a very nice Mega-preview. Last year's one was 6 minutes long, but it didn't reveleated much outside Ash vs Clemont.

I betting the New Year Special shows Ash & Co will end up catching more Pokemon

I just hope the "Team Flare vs. Team Rocket" part is more than the TRio having little skirmishes with/pestering TF like with TP (or like how TG, TM, and TA owned them every time)

Though chance are that's exactly what'll happen -_-

Last edited:
Why would Team Rocket be battling Team Flare anyway? Why would they be in Kalos apart from Jessie, James and Meowth?

For the same reason Team Rocket was originally in Unova. The world is rightfully Team Rocket. All other teams are inferior.

I hope Giovanni, Butch/Cassidy, and Zager return

(Can't believe I just found out about this)

Any new info?

(Can't believe I just found out about this)

Any new info?
I'm sure that next week we'll get info about the episode coming on New Years eve, other then that no other info so far besides a trailer for the 2016 Pokemon movie.

We finally get to see both Ash and Alan battle each other, it's going to be a crazy battle!

More like crazy underwhelming lol There's only two ways this is going to go. Either Alain is going to get seriously dumbed down to be on equal footing with Ash, or Pikachu is going to get brutalized like it was by Mega Lucario (which gave me a very sick sense of satisfaction lol)

There's no way they're going to do a full-on true battle between them.

There's no way they're going to do a full-on true battle between them.

Ash-Greninja will give our boy an edge.

And I'm not ruling out Mega-Charizard Y (or even Z) until it's all over and done with.

Ash-Greninja will give our boy an edge.

And I'm not ruling out Mega-Charizard Y (or even Z) until it's all over and done with.

They could give Ash an Arceus, he still wouldn't be on Alain's level. So if their clash makes them seem evenly matched, it'll be unrealistic. Alain can defeat Malva, but Ash will be on par with him when he can barely beat Gym Leaders? No way.

They could give Ash an Arceus, he still wouldn't be on Alain's level. So if their clash makes them seem evenly matched, it'll be unrealistic. Alain can defeat Malva, but Ash will be on par with him when he can barely beat Gym Leaders? No way.
Have you even watched XY???, he's basically wrecked the last few gym leaders, go watch his battle against Olympia and you will see how smart he is this region.

Plus the only reason Alan defeated Malva is because he only uses one Pokemon all the time which means that it becomes super strong. Plus would he be able to defeat Malva on a proper full battle??

Have you even watched XY???, he's basically wrecked the last few gym leaders, go watch his battle against Olympia and you will see how smart he is this region.

Plus the only reason Alan defeated Malva is because he only uses one Pokemon all the time which means that it becomes super strong. Plus would he be able to defeat Malva on a proper full battle??

Yes, I have seen the XY anime, and nothing to me suggests he's back at Diamond & Pearl or even Pokémon Advanced's level of battling. THAT Ash could probably handle a Mega opponent, but not any Ash post-Unova.

Yes, I have seen the XY anime, and nothing to me suggests he's back at Diamond & Pearl or even Pokémon Advanced's level of battling. THAT Ash could probably handle a Mega opponent, but not any Ash post-Unova.
Well,
1. He hasn't lost a battle since losing against Korrina in the mega arc which was around 70 episodes ago, did he even do that in AG and DP(don't think so).

2. He has hardly struggled in battle since that loss to Korrina(In AG and DP Ash struggled more against his opponents, take Tate and Liza or Olympia for example: Both were Psychic type leaders(in fact Olympia was shown to be stronger), Ash needed DEM in the form of Thunder Armor to win while against Olympia he won with pure skill,smart thinking and determination and showed Olympia his true skills, if you still don't think he is better than he was in AG then I don't know what to do)

3. He is ACTUALLY smart in his battles now(on par in DP in that regard), watch Clemont's, Valerie's and of course Olympia's battles and you will see what I mean.

if you still don't think he is better than he was in AG then I don't know what to do

Which begs the question, who are you really trying to convince? Me or you? 'Cause none of that has done anything to change my opinion of Ash's skill level, all it's done is confirm my suspicion that they're leveling everyone else DOWN to make Ash look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom