• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: Moral Choices?

Dragonfly

*Buzz*
Reaction score
Do you think that we'll get to have moral choices in Black and White, with all the other improvements that are being made? I hope so. I think it would be good to have an effect on the plot of the gain with your actions. I remember back in the first games, where the Team Rocket recruiter keeps asking you to join, but you get no options. The game just acts like you're saying no. I remember screaming at the screen, "Yes I wanna join Team Rocket! I wanna wear black and be evil and steal Pokemon! That sounds awesome!" Do you think we'll get them or not? If so, do you think I'll get to fulfill my years-long dream of stealing Pokemon and being evil at last?

I hope we get to have moral choices, not as stealing pokemon, but it affects the plot or how people like you.

I hope we get to have moral choices, not as stealing pokemon, but it affects the plot or how people like you.

That's what I want (and I think would be better than a love interest), and you get rewarded with items.

I hope they affect the plot. I also hope you get the chance to become really evil by taking someone's Pokemon. The closest thing I've managed so far is in HeartGold. There, I took the Spearrow named Kenya from the guy in Goldenrod and never delivered the message. I eventually evolved it. Also, I decided to keep that guy's Shuckle in Cianwood even after he asks for it back. I don't need or use either of the Pokemon anymore, but I'm very petty and spiteful and dislike being asked to do favors.

Your Pikachu is suffering from the cold. Do you want to help it?

>Yes
>No

I've always wanted to be roaming through grass, and suddenly stuble upon a already fainted pokemon laying in the grass. or better yet a corpse.

I hope not. Then it will not turn into a pokemon game, but into those games where everything you do gives you an exclusive ending of some sort. Everything.

I hope not. Then it will not turn into a pokemon game, but into those games where everything you do gives you an exclusive ending of some sort. Everything.

I don't know about you, but I'd definitely like to feel that my actions mattered, and didn't lead to the same result (the villain is defeated, the day is saved, blah blah blah) as everyone else's who ever has played or will play the game.

I'd like one, then I could name my character Silver, be a complete jerk to everyone, and have them all hate me.

They should just put an option in the into. "Are you a boy or girl?...How's your attitude?" and then you choose between good, nice, neutral, bad, and evil. Good will eventually become champion, while Evil becomes the leader of Team whatever.

I'm probably taking this too far now.

If the villian didn't lose, I am pretty sure it wouldn't be in a pokemon game, because I don't think Game Freak would do that.

They should have a pokemon that isn't rated E...

I just don't want to have to keep restarting the game to find every alternate ending or whatever. Can it at least be different paths leading to one ending?

If the villian didn't lose, I am pretty sure it wouldn't be in a pokemon game, because I don't think Game Freak would do that.

They should have a pokemon that isn't rated E...

I personally would enjoy defeating the villain and then parking my rear end on his throne, getting myself crowned, and enslaving the world. But that's just me.

They can get a game where a villain tries to have you executed via being torn to shreds with claws and where another dresses up as a good guy and tries to convince you to commit suicide in order to save the world to be rated E. There's apparently a lot of leeway.

Yeah, i am not saying it isn't possible, but I don't think game freak would do this, many little kids about ages 4-7 would not like the ending and not play it much any more, well that is just my opinion.

Yeah, i am not saying it isn't possible, but I don't think game freak would do this, many little kids about ages 4-7 would not like the ending and not play it much any more, well that is just my opinion.

That's the point of a moral choice system. The ending is what you want it to be. If a little kid wants to be the hero that saves the world from evil, then fine. If Dragonfly wants to take over the world, then fine.

Good point. I would still like to see one that isn't E though, so it could show things that they couldn't normally put in.

Good point. I would still like to see one that isn't E though, so it could show things that they couldn't normally put in.

Such as what? Attempted executions with Pokemon? The villain trying to convince you to kill yourself? Child abduction? We already have an E-rated game with all of those.

No, I am just saying I think a pokemon that isn't rated E would be cool, I am not saying anything you are saying is wrong. Where it would be more like many of the T-M games, I would just want to see what it would be like, but I guess this is off-topic, sorry.

No, I am just saying I think a pokemon that isn't rated E would be cool, I am not saying anything you are saying is wrong. Where it would be more like many of the T-M games, I would just want to see what it would be like, but I guess this is off-topic, sorry.

Then what would you like to see in a non E-rated game that you think you can't see now?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom