• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Demo Datamine Discussion

Frankly I think Arceus has a point - seeing as Game Freak did make an attempt to clear up the spoilery material in the demo, that is sort of an acknowledgement on their part that they do have to do something in order to protect any sensitive information that the demo might contain. They clearly see that datamining is inevitable. Granted, it's not much of a problem if things do get leaked; people are going to pour out in droves to buy the games regardless, so I don't think it should discourage them from releaseing a demo. But I think it is fair to say that it is, to some degree, Game Freak's fault. It is very much the dataminers' fault as well, but Game Freak aren't passive or helpless in this situation. They definitely anticipated the datamining; the problem is that they just weren't thorough enough.

Now, if somebody willingly chooses to look at the spoilers, then that is completely on them. GF cannot be blamed for peoples' lack of self-control.

Is there anyone else who's still holding out on maybe some new Pokémon/Alola Forms being in the full game that were scrubbed from the Demo? Or am I still just clinging to false hope ;-;
There's a chance for more Alolan variants, but that's incredibly slim. I'm not counting on it. There's virtually no chance for new Pokemon, however. We have the National Dex; we know all the new numerical entries.

Demos are not even important enough to be made. People should just be patient for the real thing. Waiting for the real games a bit longer is better than having a demo come out and then gets datamined.

I'm sure you can figure out the reason why any gaming company creates demos for their games. They aren't made just to give fans a taste of the real thing, but to give everyone a taste of the real thing. A lot of people may not know if they want to purchase it, however, with demo versions, they can try it and see if they like it. That's the point.

It isn't Gamefreak's fault that people datamine their demos.

I am not mad about the datamining. I wasn't mad when it happen with ORAS. And no, it is not my fault. Not everyone can resist a spoiler tag. It is GF's fault for leaving that kind of stuff in the demo in the first place. Either clean the demo of the data properly or don't release it at all.

So, it is Gamefreak's fault for not taking out certain information in their trailer (which they have every right. It is their demo, they can create it however they want), but it isn't the fault of the data miners who actually do it? And furthermore, it isn't your fault for not having enough self control to not click on spoiler tags?

This argument doesn't even make any sense.

Last edited:
So I guess this image by @JetBlackFlames is pretty much correct:
Evolution%20Line%20of%20Solgaleo%20and%20Lunala.png

Wait, if it's a 3 stage split evo, which it very likely may be..

What are the pre evo's typings?

Solgaleo is Steel / Psychic and Lunala is Ghost / Psychic

So is the pre evo just pure psychic type or?

I hope that in SUN we have Solgaleo in real form and Lunala in "pre-evo" form in Lillie's bag and in MOON we have Lunala in real form and Solgaleo in "pre-evo" form.

Wait, if it's a 3 stage split evo, which it very likely may be..

What are the pre evo's typings?

Solgaleo is Steel / Psychic and Lunala is Ghost / Psychic

So is the pre evo just pure psychic type or?
It is pure psychic! I called that one woot! Not happy about grass/ghost thoug

They only revealed Cosmog, so the 3 stage split evo theory is getting stronger!

So I guess this image by @JetBlackFlames is pretty much correct:
Also the core has blue and pink that could become either Solgaleos blue eyes or Lunalas pink eyes.
They only revealed Cosmog, so the 3 stage split evo theory is getting stronger!
Well, from the looks of the new trailer, yes it does point towards 3-stage evo line and I definitely want it to be like that.
We can't guarantee anything at this point. Guess we will find out soon enough, nobody expected Rowlet final evo to be ghost typing now did they :D

I find it interesting that cosmog was not positioned next to solgaleo and lunala though. I still would be totally shocked if it wasnt a pre-evo, but still makes me wonder.

I find it interesting that cosmog was not positioned next to solgaleo and lunala though. I still would be totally shocked if it wasnt a pre-evo, but still makes me wonder.
Do you mean on the Pokedex? There's still that other Pokemon that Cosmog appears to evolve into, which means that Solgaleo and Lunaala come from the same evolutionary line. Or do you mean the website? The website frequently puts new Pokemon separately from their family when they're first revealed. It isn't the first time (e.g., Bewear still isn't placed beside its pre-evolution)

I hope that in SUN we have Solgaleo in real form and Lunala in "pre-evo" form in Lillie's bag and in MOON we have Lunala in real form and Solgaleo in "pre-evo" form.
That's basically what I'm thinking.
Mostly because I want both Lycanroc available, and they seem to evolve due to the influence of the box legendary's power. This would suggest Lunaala/Solgaleo aren't active in Sun/Moon, which would make sense if they're currently a Cosmog

Do you mean on the Pokedex? There's still that other Pokemon that Cosmog appears to evolve into, which means that Solgaleo and Lunaala come from the same evolutionary line. Or do you mean the website? The website frequently puts new Pokemon separately from their family when they're first revealed. It isn't the first time (e.g., Bewear still isn't placed beside its pre-evolution)

That's basically what I'm thinking.
Mostly because I want both Lycanroc available, and they seem to evolve due to the influence of the box legendary's power. This would suggest Lunaala/Solgaleo aren't active in Sun/Moon, which would make sense if they're currently a Cosmog
No not the official site i watch serebii, and i know he watches the datamining and whatnot (least it sounds like he does) and so it just kinda surprised me that they were not together.

Back
Top Bottom