• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Silhouettes in JN065

Which brings me to the last point, I can't believe no one mentioned Nihilego's shadow, Lusamine will be possessed again? If so, why does her shadow appear with the tournament participants? Does that mean we'll finally see what happened to Mohn? This makes me think that maybe the girl with the long hair is Lillie, she has a Clefairy in the games, or the shadow could be Vulpix, it kind of looks like one too. And I know Lillie shouldn't be posing with the tournament participants, but I said this because Lusamine is the only character that we know related to Nihilego, and in the hypothetical case that Lusamine is there, Lillie being there too is not so out of place. Or maybe after all this rambling it turns out it's not Nihilego :ROFLMAO:.
It's just Bea's Grapploct. It appears with it's trainer just like Volkner and his Luxray.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the shadow you're talking about is Bea's Grapploct, not Nihilego lol. Nihilego has a big hat brim shape on its head and much thinner limbs/tentacles.

The girl with the Jigglypuff(?) in the back is a real mystery. My first assumption was Lucy as well but looking closer I'm not so sure. Sabrina would be nice to see again though.
I'm honestly leaning more towards the unrecognizable shadows potentially being some minor original characters like Rinto - I feel like if they were other returning characters, they would probably make it a little more obvious? Like, that's clearly Volkner with his Luxray, that's clearly Bea and her Grapploct... but the rest are a lot more vague.

I think the hair length is enough to exclude Cynthia and Nessa (even Lucy).

My totally out there theory is Lillie, the hair kinda seems to match and that Jigglypuff too, although her getting to Top 100 is unlikely.

If not then it better be this queen - quarter-finalist of the Unova League.

800px-Katharine.png

I assumed that was grapploct...
It's just Bea's Grapploct. It appears with it's trainer just like Volkner and his Luxray.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the shadow you're talking about is Bea's Grapploct, not Nihilego lol. Nihilego has a big hat brim shape on its head and much thinner limbs/tentacles.
Yes now I see that it's Grapploct, but I can't be the only one who at first thought I was Nihilego, I knew that the silhouette wasn't the same but, a creature with tentacles that floats in the air? what else could it be? Grapploct literally didn't cross my mind :ROFLMAO:, I just thought that the silhouette wasn't very detailed. Even if it was to have Grapploct in a visible spot placing it there was a strange decision.

About the mystery girl, I'd be sure it's Sabrina if it weren't for that Pokémon, even without "Nihilego" that Pokémon looks like something Lillie would have, the main suspects being Clefairy, Jigglypuff and Vulpix. But again, it wouldn't make sense for her to be with the tournament competitors, probably when we know the answers we will facepalm at how obvious they were :LOL:.

Besides Volkner and Bea I think the other silhouettes are Tyson (the Hoenn league winner), Grant from XY, and Lillie with Alolan Vulpix or possibly Clefairy/Jigglypuff.
There is an Alolan Ninetails on the most recent poster so it makes you wonder...
And also the fact that Iris became the Unova region champion offscreen so Lillie being in ultra class doesn't seem as farfetched to me anymore.

Besides Volkner and Bea I think the other silhouettes are Tyson (the Hoenn league winner), Grant from XY, and Lillie with Alolan Vulpix or possibly Clefairy/Jigglypuff.
There is an Alolan Ninetails on the most recent poster so it makes you wonder...
And also the fact that Iris became the Unova region champion offscreen so Lillie being in ultra class doesn't seem as farfetched to me anymore.
I don't think that it's Tyson because I don't see them bringing back any anime OCs.

I don't think that it's Tyson because I don't see them bringing back any anime OCs.
And who else can it be? I can't think of any other option, the silhouette looks identical. The only option left is that the ambiguous images really don't represent anyone relevant and they're just random shadows to fill the space.

Last edited:
Two of those silhouettes are definitely Bea and Volkner, no doubt about it. The others are more enigmatic. One of them seems accompanied by a Jigglypuff, which is certainly a strange choice for an ace Pokemon. Maybe it'll be intended as a counterpart to Ash's Pikachu? Jigglypuff was supposedly one of the alternate options for Ash's first Pokemon, after all.

And who else can it be? I can't think of any other option, the silhouette looks identical. The only option left is that the ambiguous images really don't represent anyone relevant and they're just random shadows to fill the space.
I don't expect them to bring back anime OCs because of Masters. I don't see it happening unless they suddenly decide to add anime OCs into Masters (Jessie and James don't count because they were in the games).

220px-Jon_Dickson.png

Anyone know if Ash will finally get his long-waited rematch with Jon Dickson - the winner of the johto league?
Technically it'd be a plain old "match", since Ash never actually fought him, though he did fight Tyson, who lost to Dickson.

...there's a lot of "-sons" in the early Leagues, huh.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom