• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Standard Rules Battles Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: On a lossing Streak. ;D

You're in the standard rules section, so you need to choose a teir. ("no legendaries" isn't a teir)

If you'd like an OU battle, I'm game. I'd prefer single, but I can probably handle a double battle.

Re: On a lossing Streak. ;D

I should have this thread moved then.
Sure after my current battle, i'll VM you.

Re: 2/15/2010! SharKing's Battle Thread!

I'm willing to give it a shot! I'd like to try out a new team.

Very well, after I finish my battle with Grape Drink.

EDIT: OK, Gaia, I'm ready. This will be the last battle today.

Last edited:

Well as it turns out, FC wouldn't register. Maybe some other time.

Well, I'm saddened that I couldn't battle Gaia, but I would like to give my thanks to everyone who participated in this. Thank you all for the fun battles.

If any moderators see this thread, please close it for me. Thanks in advance.

Be Awesome and Beat me or Get owned

I just got bored and kind of to wanted advertise my group at the same time. If you suck against me, then you can join the group in my sig to become awesome, or if you own me or provide a good match, feel free to be a totally awesome tutor.

My FC is in my sig and profile.
All battles will be 6 Vs 6, Level 100, OU, and the standard clauses.

If you get owned by me, then I'll let you have a rematch with ubers.

Re: Be Awesome and Beat me or Get owned

I don't suck at battling but my OU team is old and sucks :lol:

I don't suck at battling but my OU team is old and sucks :lol:

It's still better then, the battlers who don't EV, nature, or give their pokemon the correct moves.

It's still better then, the battlers who don't EV, nature, or give their pokemon the correct moves.

That is probably true. I need to update it. If you want to battle let me know so I can test out some things.

Last edited:

Okay, I'll be waiting down there, anyways.

Good Game, I'm using the scyther and magikarp you gave me. BTW can you renickname Scizor to be Reaper?

Good Game, I'm using the scyther and magikarp you gave me. BTW can you renickname Scizor to be Reaper?

Yes. Yes I can. All caps or Reaper? I'm happy to see my babies being put to good use :D

I can't believe I let Gyarados walk into a Grass Knot, that was so noob lol

Just Reaper, the capitalization on Murderkarp was accidental, but actually made more sense. Your team is still pretty good,

Just Reaper, the capitalization on Murderkarp was accidental, but actually made more sense. Your team is still pretty good,

Sure, I'll meet you there.

You have an 'old' style team so my Pokes weren't at a big disadvantage. If you look at what is popular now *shudder*

Really? I'm not sure what's a new style team, then.

Really? I'm not sure what's a new style team, then.

Well bulky Offense is not very playable anymore. That's what my team used to be when that strategy worked. Now it's not necessarily hyper-offense (also a phase), but it is mostly very fast sweepers that rely on typing over sheer defensive stats. Mostly just Dragons and Steels now. Between our two teams we had 0 Dragons and 2 Steels (the same one, lol). That is not how it goes anymore, unfortunately. I have some stuff trained that would probably work better, I just need to build it into a team.

It was nice to see a team that was built around the same era as mine, haha. You won't see the good players on Shoddy using things like ours anymore :[

Well bulky Offense is not very playable anymore. That's what my team used to be when that strategy worked. Now it's not necessarily hyper-offense (also a phase), but it is mostly very fast sweepers that rely on typing over sheer defensive stats. Mostly just Dragons and Steels now. Between our two teams we had 0 Dragons and 2 Steels (the same one, lol). That is not how it goes anymore, unfortunately. I have some stuff trained that would probably work better, I just need to build it into a team.

It was nice to see a team that was built around the same era as mine, haha. You won't see the good players on Shoddy using things like ours anymore :[

I actually wasn't battling at that time, I just find this to be a decent surprise against the new battlers but bad against the bulky offense,

I actually wasn't battling at that time, I just find this to be a decent surprise against the new battlers but bad against the bulky offense,

Well yours is a bit more speed oriented which is good! I have EV'd some more sweepers so maybe I'll start testing them out soon.

Well yours is a bit more speed oriented which is good! I have EV'd some more sweepers so maybe I'll start testing them out soon.

Same here, but I'm just too lazy to EV some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom