• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation

Chespin is confirmed to learn Wood Hammer and Froakie confirmed Hydro Pump and Bounce. Nothing really surprising. Although Wood Hammer getting more distribution is really nice.

I still find it funny how they didn't reveal anything for Fennekin besides the VERY obvious flamethrower.

...and something that resembles Confusion, though we don't know whether it actually is.

Last edited:

I like the idea of a reverse type triangle: Fennekin becomes a (floaty) Fire/Psychic type, Chespin becomes a (ninjesque) Grass/Dark type, and Froakie becomes a (martial artist) Water/Fighting type. It's probably been mentioned here before... Also yes I know ninjesque is not a word

Serebii said that someone is claiming that Fennekin used Psychic but it's unconfirmed ATM.

The move Fennekin used in the first trailer against Kirlia that was Howl I'm guessing?

It seemed to damage/affect Kirlia, so presumably not; Howl just raises the user's attack.

The move Fennekin used in the first trailer against Kirlia that was Howl I'm guessing?
It couldn't be howl, why would the camera go over to Kirlia for that? It also cannot be a stat dropping move because the target does not flinch from the stat drop attacks like we saw in Pancham's trailer when it used Parting shot on Gogoat.
Pokemon X and Y Pancham/Yancham New gameplay trailer - YouTube

Well then what else could it be? Psywave..maybe?

All we know is that it is an attack that does damage.

Mine is definitely Chespin, hopefully it'll be a Dark/Grass after it evolves. It's cute, and different from the other Grass Starters. My opinion may change though.

Chespin is confirmed to learn Wood Hammer and Froakie confirmed Hydro Pump and Bounce. Nothing really surprising. Although Wood Hammer getting more distribution is really nice.

So I know it learns bounce because its a frog but for the love of Arceus I want Froakie to be this.

So Fennekin learns mostly Fire moves only. Not even a Confusion or any support move...That makes me think it will end up as pure Fire type in it's evolution. Regrettably so.

Serebii said that someone is claiming that Fennekin used Psychic but it's unconfirmed ATM.

Well according to their Gen VI Pokemon page, Fennekin indeed did use Psychic at the WHF. Serebii usually doesn't add stuff to their official pages that isn't confirmed, so it's maybe safe to assume that Fennekin will be part Psychic?

So Fennekin learns mostly Fire moves only. Not even a Confusion or any support move...That makes me think it will end up as pure Fire type in it's evolution. Regrettably so.

For all we know, their WHF movesets were custom-tailored specifically to avoid dropping hints about their evolutions.

So given that everything white on Froakie is foam-related except its hands, what are the chances its hands are going to develop foam on them when it evolves? Maybe like foam boxing gloves, if it really is going to become a Water/Fighting type as the rumoured leaks state.

So given that everything white on Froakie is foam-related except its hands, what are the chances its hands are going to develop foam on them when it evolves? Maybe like foam boxing gloves, if it really is going to become a Water/Fighting type as the rumoured leaks state.

Now that you mention boxing gloves... What if Froakie evolves into a gentleman boxer, kinda like Dudley from the Street Figher series?

1739045-super_street_fighter_4_dudley_wallpaper.jpg

It would be more interesting than a ninja-esque fighter, imo.

I'd rather Froakie's possible fighting evo to not have boxing gloves because that would be too similar to Poliwrath.

Back
Top Bottom