• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starting a new game of Colosseum, need some things answered.....

cheesedude

Reaction score
I haven't played this game in a few years but I'm planning to do another runthrough before I play XD for the first time.

Anyway, my memory is a bit fuzzy and I'm trying to remember the best Pokémon to use throughout the game.

I recall using the following Pokémon (Or their evolved form) throughout most the game after capturing them.

Croconaw
Misdreavous
Noctowl
Flaffy
Skiploom
Furret
Qwilfish
Meditite
Sudowoodo
Entei
Suicine
Sneasel (I have a certian like for this Pokémon that I can't explain).
Raikou

I'm considering training either Swablu or Vibrava this time around to try out a dragon type.

So have I been missing out on any powerhouses you can get before Nascour and Evice.

Also, are natures randomly selected, selected from a specific pool for each Pokémon or set?

You can get a Bayleef or a Quilava, too. You just have to take a different exit out of Phenac.

Uh yeah, I already knew that.

Other than that am I not using any Pokémon worth training that you acquire before fighting Nascour and Evice?

And what about the second question?

Well, I think the natures are random, just like they are in the GBA games. They're like Mewtwo or Lugia: there's only one of them there, in a specific place, but it's randomly generated the first time you encounter it.

Other than that, I don't really remember which ones you can get before Evice, though there's a list of them all here.

Thank you. I never played any game with Natures except this one, so that left me confused.

I didn't ask what Pokémon I can get before Evice. I know what they are. I was asking if, other than the ones I listed, are there any worth training.

What about Dunsparce? I noticed he has the Serene Grace ability. Is there any effective moveset to make him a Flinchax in Colosseum? (I think that's the right turn, at least from the metagame terms article)

Last edited:
No idea, but USE MEDICHAM

I used it in Colosseum (Having never ever ever used it before), and its my powerhouse

Well, I recommend Hitmontop. I found it very useful in the battles at Realgam(sp?) Tower. Now on the issue with Swablu/Vibrava, I think you would do much better with a Flygon than an Altaria. Just my opinion. :)

Espeon
Umbreon
Ampharos
Entei
Quagsire
Hariyama

Got me through Colosseum with no problems.

What's better is that they come early the game (Makuhita is first), so you can begin using them right away.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom