• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Strange/annoying things in the manga

It would still have the same general connotation.

Yet, it still avoids being as "hardcore" as it originally/you originally had it sound. Hm, the wonders of the English language...

The censorship is unnecessary because on the few occasions they miss something (like the Tentacool line), absolutely no one complains.

There's a difference between being blatantly obvious and having crap fly past the radar. The thing is there's the chance that they can always just think the "crap flying past the radar" wasn't intended to be negative at all.

That's not about the manga itself. But anyway, it is relative to the anime (though that isn't hard to do). Besides, if you think that Pokespe is for two-year-olds, why do you read and discuss it?

Um, because I like Pokemon? The entire franchise is geared towards kids, too. If that's so, why are you even here?[/YourLogic] See? That doesn't work when you put it another way. Be sensible, if Pokemon Special wasn't geared towards ten-year olds, it wouldn't be in CoroCoro, it'd probably be in one of the Jump books or Monthly Shonen -Something-.

Um, because I like Pokemon? The entire franchise is geared towards kids, too. If that's so, why are you even here?[/YourLogic] See? That doesn't work when you put it another way.

So why are you here if that's what you think?

I'm just not a fan of censorship, so really any censorship in the manga annoys me.

Though when it's censored for biological reasons... yeah, I can understand that.

So why are you here if that's what you think?

It's not what I think, it's your logic, :). Also, just because it's geared towards kids doesn't mean older people can't read it. If an educational class is geared towards men, does that mean women can't take part in it? No.

Why would you be here at all if Pokémon is only for two-year-olds, as you claimed in your original post?

I never said it was "only," I said it was "geared towards." Huge, huge, huge difference. Please stop putting words in my mouth, sir.

Even if you only count "geared towards", it's still 6-10 rather than 2.

?

Excuse me, but what are you on about? I never even said it was for 2-year olds in the first place, I figured that was your attempt at exaggerating. I said it was geared towards ten-year olds. You may want to read over all of my posts to clear up any misguided illusions you may have about what I'm actually saying and what you're thinking.

A teenager can be an adult depending on the legal age of the setting. Putting aside that supposedly the pokemon universe's legal age is 10 and only comparing it to the real world, at least in the US the age of consent ranges from I believe 15 to 18 depending on which state you're in.

A teenager can be an adult depending on the legal age of the setting. Putting aside that supposedly the pokemon universe's legal age is 10 and only comparing it to the real world, at least in the US the age of consent ranges from I believe 15 to 18 depending on which state you're in.

In Japan, that's legal.

That doesn't make it any less creepy (to me, at least).

I think the creepiest part about that scene is that he has the same pickup moves as his ten (?)-year-old son. Apparently that bloodline plays fast and loose with the definition of "maturity".

I haven't actually been able to buy volume 7 yet, but I'm assuming that scene is uncensored in the English version? (I probably should have asked this before using it in my argument, but oh well...)

Regarding including the word "hell", I would point out that EToP used the word "damnation".

I find it strange that most of the Dex Holders are so ingenious. I mean, it's like no one even questioned how a hick like Yellow figured out the principal behind Lance's Bubble technique, or any of the ingenious stuff she pulls off despite being a bumpkin from the Viridian Forest. I mean, Green has been trained professionally since youth, Blue and Silver needed to be smart to survive, Gold is used to pulling all sorts of tricks on people to get his way, Pearl inherits his father's battle sense, and Platinum is a bookworm, so I understand that, but Yellow?

I find it strange that most of the Dex Holders are so ingenious. I mean, it's like no one even questioned how a hick like Yellow figured out the principal behind Lance's Bubble technique, or any of the ingenious stuff she pulls off despite being a bumpkin from the Viridian Forest. I mean, Green has been trained professionally since youth, Blue and Silver needed to be smart to survive, Gold is used to pulling all sorts of tricks on people to get his way, Pearl inherits his father's battle sense, and Platinum is a bookworm, so I understand that, but Yellow?

Yellow's Viridian powers make her better than everyone else.

Semi-OT: Lady Berlitz's name is "Platina", not "Platinum".

Eh... OK, that actually can't be justified, not even with the a Pokemon did it / taught her / told her / whatever excuse.

...and I was actually wondering the same some days ago, but then I decided the thought came in between me and the ultimate enjoyment of her character, so I let it go.

Semi-OT: Lady Berlitz's name is "Platina", not "Platinum".
THAT'S AN EFFING LIE! That's only a fanon name, because people can't accept a girl being named so weirdly / being named like a guy could be named!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom