• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stuff thats been forgotten in anime

Don't expect anything that wasn't shown in the OP
Also, there's always next gen... what do you think about my type tournaments idea? of course, it can't happen now in DP, but maybe next gen?...

I disagree, I think more than what was seen in the opening will be shown.

Well there was a grass and a Water one in Johto and i guess you could count Pokeringer as a flying one. Wasnt there a Fire tournament mentioned that we didnt get to see somewhere in Johto? I think its a good excuse to bring back some of Ash's older pokemon for an episode just so we dont have to wait close to 200 episodes to see them

Wasnt there a Fire tournament mentioned that we didnt get to see somewhere in Johto?

Season 4 the Arcanine episode? I'm not sure but I think the fire stones were a prize for some competition in that ep... maybe that was it?

I think its a good excuse to bring back some of Ash's older pokemon for an episode just so we dont have to wait close to 200 episodes to see them

Exactly! Especially if Ash doesn't use a lot of them in DP - he'll use them in the first year or two of gen 5
It'll be awesome if done right... too bad it's unlikely to happen

We didn't see the fire tournament in Johto, the filler character with the Arcanine just said she was delivering the fire stones as a prize for that tournament.

The grass tournament in Johto was a neat idea, shame they never continued things like that.

I doubt it... anyway, types tournament where Ash use ALL his Poké of that type? would you like it?

I would, only because it allows the writers to showcase that even though you have the same type, you can have different battle styles...

Hey guys!
When I saw this thread, I can only think of Jigglypuff. T_T
gotta miss the only pokemon with the microphone/marker ^O^

If Ambipom doesn't get a cameo watching the GF I guess it is forgotten as well.

1. Jessie's Lickitung
2.Lance-I mean, his last Appearence was in HOENN! And with HG/SS he could have come back
3.Ash's Totodile,Cyndiquil,and Bayleef-When did you last see them even battle? Squirtle,Bulba,and Char where in BF!
4.Ash's Phanpy egg-I don't even remeber this!
5.Proffesor Elm-He only made like, 3 appearences!

1. Jessie's Lickitung

What is there to say? It was traded to a filler kid in Johto.

4.Ash's Phanpy egg-I don't even remeber this!

Phanpy hatched from the egg. What do you mean? Ash got the egg in "Extreme Pokemon" back in Johto.

5.Proffesor Elm-He only made like, 3 appearences!

Probably because Birch/Rowan were for May/Dawn, whereas Elm had no main girl who started from him.

I doubt it... anyway, types tournament where Ash use ALL his Poké of that type? would you like it?

I would like it, but I think there are better alternatives. Personally I'd rather see Pokeathlon return with Ash competing with his reserves.

5 medals based on the five stats, and 3 Pokemon each time he competes. One episode focusing on the 3 Pokemon he chooses, and then one focusing on the competition. Currently there are 10 events, and if it is kept for gen V more would most likely be added meaning they could keep this pretty fresh, a lot fresher than Contests have ever been actually.

This would not only cut down on fillers, it'd also be a great way to spotlight some fan favorites. I doubt this will happen though. Even Pokeathlon stays they'll probably just ignore it, or let another character participate.

Type-Tourneys are a good idea too but they'd get a bit redundant after a while.

Back on topic...

I'd like to see a few one-time characters that the writers forgot about but probably shouldn't have, such as AJ and Giselle, to reappear at least once. Both would have ended up being good league rivals in my opinion. League rivals are another thing the writers seem to forget about actually. With the exception of Ritchie and Jackson/Vincent, they've never appeared outside of the league they appear in. Even Ritchie is pretty much forgotten at this point. I'm not really a fan, but he hasn't appeared in the main series since Johto. Nor has Todd, who didn't even get a hoso episode. Another character that comes to mind is Silver. He seemed like he'd be more important then he turned out to be, to me at least.

All pre-DP characters are gone, except for a very small handful like the Magikarp salesman, Butch/Cassidy etc.

When we get to the new saga, most of the DP characters will be forgotten. I certainly don't expect to ever hear from Barry, Conway, Nando or Paul again whatsoever when we're in the new saga. And Dawn's rivals will be subject to non-speaking cameos if they are ever shown.

Ok I wish that Ash would catch more pokemon because a pokemon hasnt been sent to Oak since Muk, Krabby, Snorlax and Tauros 1-30. Honestly Tauros battled like once, Kingler, Muk uBer and Snorlax DESTROYED against 3rd Frontier Brain that looked like Maylene....
As for Cyndiquil, it would be nice if a Krabby could be pulled(evolve in in PL) and I dont want to see Totodile unless it knows Aqua Tail, Crunch and ANY Ice Move. Keep Water Gun though, that sound is a clasic. As for animals there was like this water pokemon competition back in Johto and it starred Remoraid and I remember there was fish in the backround.

Last edited:
1 all ash's pokemon with oak
2 calling oak more in the series instead of beginning and not call him ever

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom