• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupid things you regret?

Speed-X

Reaction score
Hopefully this is in the right area this time. ^^;;

Anyway...has anyone just done something so blatantly stupid and impulsive that you later look back on it with great shame?

Oh my god, I definitely do...most notably, when I'm in a terrible, terrible mood and I snap at someone, I. Feel. So. Guilty.

For instance, here on this forum. For some reason I just totally went off and retaliated on this guy that really miffed me off. I totally just flipped out on him...Gawd that was not smart of me.
It's this type of stuff that makes me wonder, "do people really see me as a terrible person?" Ugh. It happens sometimes...not too often....

Anyway, what about everyone else? I'm curious! ^^

I went to get a tattoo. At 16. The was a place irresponsibly took my appearance and word for my age (despite generally being known as a strict, safe place) and I went in to get a tattoo all numbed and scared. They so nearly did it but they couldn't fit me in that evening and I just never got around to going back or making another appointment. It's not been too long since (about a year and a half) but I really can't believe I thought that was a good idea; I still like the tattoo I'd intended to get but I simply cannot believe I decided to permanently mark my body so young and at a time when I was about to change so much.

Otherwise it's generally things like getting angry and my temper making me say bitter things and letting me make myself look like a horrid person. I don't let my temper out much so when someone betrays me or lets me down crucially.. It can get pretty nasty. ._.'

Yeah. Ive done many stupid things when angry or upset. I really dont feel like sharing what these things are, Im just not gonna get into it, but I will say I was stupid, I was immature and I was an idiot and I feel guilty and ashamed everyday. I'll never repeat those those mistakes, ever. Ive learned to control myself and I am a way better person for it in my opinion now that Ihave complete control over myself and know not to react the way I did in those situations.

I regret not trying to break my friend and her horrible stupid ex-cyber boyfriend sooner, if I had she woulda been saved a lot of heartache and I woulda been saved from having to play her emotional/relationships counselor the last year. Its not like he was a mean guy who abused her or anything, I mean it was a dang CYBER relationship after all, but well it was supposed to be a made-up thing and he was taking it WAY too seriously. He was talking about marriage for crying out loud! Add in the fact that he's not right in the head and threatened to kill himself everytime she tried to end it.........well yea it was a big mess and coulda been saved if I had tried to shake some sense into her sooner :|

Everytime I'm rushing to meet the deadline

Everytime I sleep late and get up in the morning feeling like hell

Everytime I lose my temper over something trivial

and Everytime I leave my exam studies to the last minute.

I have a history of being bullied. I was bullied for actually no reasons. In 4th grade, a group of children kicked me everywhere they could. And I had a fight with a girl, and that girl kind off said to everyone at school I was the Big Bad, so almost everyone at school was waiting for me, ready to kick my ass. Luckily that never happened. Two years ago, I had dancing classes with that girl and her friends, because my parents thought it would improve our behavior, because you're not allowed to refuse a dance and stuff. On our way back home, that girl and her friends brought everything that happened in 4th grade up, and they were teasing me, and they were calling me names. I broke at the point that I rode extra fast, because I wanted to avoid them. Then that particular girl yelled at me: "Aw, are you gonna cry again?" Then I pulled my brake, and they all rode into me and my bike. They were trying to punch me, and I can't remember all of it, I don't know, maybe some kind of adrenaline rush, but it ended when they all were laying on the ground, pretty beat up, and I panicked and rode home as fast as I could. Whatever they did, I'd gone too far. So I'll always regret it.

Being friends with the people I used to be friends with.

No, I'm serious. They used to be good friends, but somewhere down the line they just got both irritating and incredibly insensitive and disrespectful at the same time, and I don't know why I didn't stop being friends with them before they inevitably ditched me >_> Thank god I made better friends.

Trying to ignore people that aren't friends with me anymore.

Whenever I blow up on my family.

Whenever I allow someone to completely shatter me.

Thankfully I haven't done either in a good year and I hope to keep this running strong.

In 6th grade, not spending much time with my crush because I was so scared and nervous.

Wow, lot of comments!
@Meryn
I think we all just really make stupid inpulsive decisions several times in our lives...all of us. And we look back on it in shame. That's why, sometimes you have to talk to someone about it--like a parent--and see what they think. Like...just this Saturday I was going to go movie-hopping (sneaking straight out of one movie that's done and going right into another one after without paying for the second, and etc). Since we kinda got away with it not too long ago.
But my parents helped me by talking me out of it. Glad I didn't, because I got to go shopping with a good friend of mine, go to Olive Garden, AND go help my church with their walk-thing all in one day. It was really fun. X3

...I tend to have a temper too. ;_; But usually I repress it by just giving the antagonist nasty looks and such. >_>

@Shiny Celebi
I totally understand. There's a lot of things that I've done also that I probably wouldn't prefer to share...though I think by now in my life I've just learned to look back, acknowledge my mistakes and be open about them, and then shrug them off again. After all, anyone who wants to laugh at me for it is a lowlife. :>
But that's just me. I've never gone through anything HUGE and...yeah....

@Black_Cat320
Funny, because my best friend recently got out of a two-year relationship with a clingy guy...not via the internet though.
Though I had listened to her and tried to help find a happy medium--a lot of the time I just told her to break up with him--but she did break up with him now. Don't get me wrong, he's a really awesome dude. But they weren't for each other.
I think that sometimes, it's best to listen to said friend and, no matter how unfavorable it may sound (like...telling someone to break up with someone and whatnot), give them your best advice. I personally think that it's best to be honest about your opinions in such a situation...but of course, with gracefulness.

Destiny Queen said:
and Everytime I leave my exam studies to the last minute.
Oh gawd. THIS.

@Continent Turtle
My god. That's horrible. D: But hey, I suppose you did what you had to at the time. ^^; They kinda had it coming to them, to be honest.

@Insanish Danish
I've known some people like that...myself, too. But these people that I had problems with in like 5th grade are my best buddies now. I suppose I was just naive and adamant, but I guess that paid off....

@Serperiority
I am so, SO like this. I'm shy when it comes to confrontation, but anymore, I try to go ahead and go up to them after a while...actually, I'd have to thank my Family Issues and Relationships class for that. ^^; And my last experience with rejection, because it went through really, really well. So I'll feel less offended if I'm turned down or whatever. Also another relationship issue taught me well: showed me that sometimes it really isn't my fault at all, for sure; the other person is really simply an idiot. :>

Okay, umm...sorry. I'm really talky today. And I didn't wanna leave everyone hanging. D:

I regret replying to @farewell, friend's vm back in April. It brought nothing but chaos and madness.
/jk

In all seriousness, I regret being a stupid noob when I first joined here. That's all.

well In school I used to get bullied and still get teased today.Recently these big bad boysstarted taking the mick outta my origin and saying stuff about my mother I did'nt even understand.
Iwas tolerant of it all until a fat one criticised and insulted my late grandfather.My bubble of tolerance finally popped and I stomped up to him and basically swore my ass off.He pushed me to the ground and hurled another insult.I got up and punched him in the nose.After that I got in pretty big trouble with the headteacher.

Choosing Charmander instead of Squirtle or Bulbasaur. I still regret it to this day.

More seriously, I often end up regretting all those times where I procrastinated instead of doing the work I had to do. Beside that, there's not much I regret.

Every single time I snap at Prime when he's trying to say something silly to lighten my mood. I know he's trying to help, but I get irritated at him and say something I really never meant.

Dating my ex. That's something I will always regret. He wasn't a horrible person but he cheated on me and then played the innocent game, which led all my friends to believing I was the one at fault.

Not asking my mother the truth about my brother last year. When she blurted it all out I was too shocked to even think properly, let alone form a coherent question. So now I've spent a year beating myself up over this. She sent a card and said she's going to call soon; I know what I have to ask her, but I'm scared out of my mind. (Doesn't help that we don't really get along, either.)

When I was little, I was at a Japanese restaurant and ate a whole hunk of what looked like green tea ice cream. It was not green tea ice cream.

Breaking up with my ex. High School exerts stress...mainly because I procrastinate, which I shouldn't.

Being friends with the people I used to be friends with.

No, I'm serious. They used to be good friends, but somewhere down the line they just got both irritating and incredibly insensitive and disrespectful at the same time, and I don't know why I didn't stop being friends with them before they inevitably ditched me >_> Thank god I made better friends.
This. This is what I was gonna say.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom