• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

I never gave a stupid nickname to a Pokemon as far as I can remember (I've cleared my mind of my teen-years it seems? :p), but in Y I considered catching a Yellow Flabebe and naming her "AAAARRGGH!" just out of frustration that I always get them from wonder trades.

Oh no, I remembered one. My Whimsicott in Black 2 - I named her Emoragequit or something like it. :'/

when i was like 5 i had a female snorlax named snorlaxina since it was a girl.
-
nicknamed my first shiny "OMG1STSHINY"
-
oh and like 4 or 5 years ago i was like 11 and my brother and I were gonna trade 2 random pokemon just to get each other held-items. so we caught some throw aways we didn't care about. He gave me a marril names sh!tface and i gave him a bidoof named @sseater (both un censored of course)

Last edited:
I have a Vanillish on my team in Pokemon White named "Mr. Freeze". I think I did that just because I wanted an excuse to make stupid ice puns. :sweatlol:

And I accidentally named a Carbink "R" because I pressed the enter button instead of backspace. Then I wonder traded it away without fixing the name.

I went through White 2 giving all my Pokemon the stupidest nicknames I could think of.

Pignite - Mr. Piggy (later dumped in PC)
Unfezant - Mrs. Flappy
Scolipede - Mr. Buggy
Aggron - Mrs. Iron
Magnezone - The Magnet
Golduck - Mrs. Quack
Excadrill - Mr. Drilly

I'm sure my Pokemon all loved me!

My Bouffalant in White. I named it Afro Man after the crappy 'because I got high' song.

Thing is, this Bouffalant is female. :/

I got Wonder Traded a Duskull with the ever so great nickname of "UR MOM'S DONG" about two weeks ago. Needless to say, I released the poor thing and caught something else to use for a future Wonder Trade. (Its stats sucked anyways....)

Oh, man...honestly my names weren't stupid as they were unclever:
Goldeen: Fish
Cyndraquil (starter): Fireball
All other names were the name of the 'mon with a y at the end:
E.G Gravely.

Not really a nickname I gave but I got a Caterpie called "Release Me!" via wonder trade.

As I'm not usually one for obeying random instructions, I traded it on.

Oh gosh... let's see...

I nicknamed an Aromatisse "Estee Lauder." Then I realized it's a male... but I left his name the same because who am I to judge him. xD

There was also RAID (a type of bugspray that kills ants for those of you who may not know) the Durant, DOBBY the Mime Jr. (but DOBBY turned out to be a girl, because apparently I don't notice Pokemon genders like I should), Kardashian the Simipour, Bob Marley the Simisear, PinheadLarry the Simisage, Punchy the Poliwrath, Patience the Espurr, Mr. Beard the Spewpa (also female but I couldn't be bothered to care), I'm currently awaiting being traded a shiny Bidoof named Sir Noodle, and I've contemplated naming a plant-cloaked Burmy "LegalizeMe" but some people might not find that as funny as I do xD

Most of these Pokemon were for Wondertrade, as I always enjoy getting a cleverly-named Pokemon from WT no matter the rarity. I once got a Gourgeist named "Future Latte" and I still have her to this day, and also "LOVE ME!!!" the Zigzagoon who I also kept.

Let's see:

Prof. Oak the Trevenant
Mittens the Rotom-H
Breloominati the Breloom
Boo Boo Keys the Klefki (I know it's a tad overused, but I still chuckle when I see it)
and my personal favorite still is the YouTuber Haydunn's Goodra, Slime Shady

Last edited:
I did the worst thing. (Worst as in unoriginal, but also terrible pun.)
I named my Tepig Bacon.
I'M A VEGETARIAN!

Oh god, i got into the habit of naming anything that was being traded on x something really creepy and random. I had a poliwag called 'save him' and a mightyena called 'skinned tom' amongst many others, but i currently have a talonflame i named 'red breast' (because robin) and it took a real long time to realise why it was dumb.

Nine-year-old me is training in Snowpoint temple on Pokemon Pearl.
Nine-year-old me finds a shiny Golbat after 600+ hours of playing the game.
That Pokemon looks interesting! I'm going to call it Shiny.

I caught a Timbur yesterday and named it "Stoned", because Conkeldur has stone pillars..

I have a Tentacruel in SoulSilver named... wait for it... Hentai.

What's worse is that I use it often in the Battle Frontier.

named my Yveltal Y JUST BECAUSE I caught it in Pokemon Y. Right after that, I was like, 'I hate this name', but was too lazy to change it. Now its stuck. I kinda....put it in Poke Bank. Also got a HA Jiggypuff named Lana Del Ray (not joking) from the GTS. I cracked up.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom