• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sunday Server Tournament (14/10/2012)

Takaki

Dark Soul
Reaction score
I’m hosting a tournament on the Bulbagarden Pokemon Online server on Sunday the 14th of October. The tournament will begin at 5 pm GMT time which is midday EST. Anybody who is there on the server at the time can participate and spectate matches. It would be helpful for people to post here saying that they will be there to get a gauge of numbers. The tournament will be decided on that day and all results will be updated on a Google Doc that everybody can access throughout the tournament. There will be no prizes for winning except bragging rights and a victory banner made by me.

The format will be a group stage where you play everybody in your group and the top x proceed to a knockout stage. You play once and get a point if you win. Joint points will be decided based on who beat who in the head to head. The numbers in each group are subject to change.

• Species Clause. A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
• All Pokemon that Smogon list as UBER are banned in addition to Drizzle and Swift Swin. Go to Smogon and see their 'Ban List' for further details. Genesect, the Therian forms and Keldeo are all allowed whilst Garchomp and Kyurem-B are banned.
• Soul Dew Clause. The item Soul Dew is banned in the OU environment.
• Self-KO Clause. Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie. If a move that has recoil damage causes a tie, the user of the move is the winner.
• OHKO Clause. Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set
• Evasion Clause. A player cannot increase their pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
• Sleep Clause. A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
Only the winner need PM me on the server to confirm the result to avoid confusion.

To access the Bulbagarden server visit this thread http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f521/advanced-connection-change-po-138271/

Please note that the date and time may be subject to change depending on potential entrants.

Interest:
Mechanical Death
Thepokemaster
GrassTypeTrainer (Likely won't make it)
Takaki
Lord Clowncrete
Synthesis

Last edited:
Sign me up, I'll let you know if I'm unable to compete prior to the tournament.

Ok cool, I'll make a list of people expressing interest in the original post.

7pm GMT time, huh? On a Sunday? Doesn't sound plausible for me to be around. It would be Monday 3am over here, which is no good because I have work.

Thanks for reading.

@winstein; @The pokemaster;

So that Clowncrete can play I'm making it two hours earlier (5PM GMT). Will either of you be able to do that?

3 AM on a Monday morning is not do-able for me, since I have school. Previously, I would have been able to wake up an hour earlier than usual and compete, but to make it now I would have to stay up all night, which is not ideal for me on a school night. Therefore, I won't be able to participate. Sorry :c

@The pokemaster; I'll see how other people feel about it and maybe change it back depending on how it influences numbers.

I am inclined to believe that when it comes to a more universal time, it would be at 12pm to 1pm at GMT. It is very inconvenient for anybody who is doing some important things on Monday morning (school, work, etc.). Based on the time you arranged, I am guessing you are not free during noontime?

Thanks for reading.

At that time GMT most American players will be waking up.

Well, does the tournament have to be on Sunday? Wouldn't moving it to Saturday open up some options? At the very least, those students who go to school on the weekdays can afford to stay up late on a Saturday. The same applies to people who work Monday-Friday.

Would you be able to do Saturday?

Likely not, as I have work on Sunday which requires me to be up early as well. Basically, my schedule won't match with yours unless you're willing to drastically change the time to make it fit with mine, and I don't want that to have to happen.

All, I'm going to keep it at sunday because other people I know can't make it on Saturday as well.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom