• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sunny Day'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zootch

Animator
Reaction score
Crobat- Heat Rock
Inner Focus
Evs:4HP/252Attack/252Speed
Jolly
-U-Turn
-Sunny Day
-Hypnosis
-Aerial Ace
Crobat outspeeds most leads and is a great way to set up Sunny Day. I usually get sunny day set up unless Hypnosis misses.

Heatran- Choice Specs
Flash Fire
Evs: 4HP/252 Special Attack/252 Speed
Modest
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power (electric)
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
Very powerful with Sunny Day set up, few good switches to counter.

Infernape- Life Orb
Blaze
24 Attack/ 252 Special Attack/ 232 Speed
Naive
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat
Excellent type coverage and resists ice moves.

Exeggutor- Power Herb
Chlorophyll
84 HP/ 64 defense/ 212 Special Attack/ 144 Speed
Timid
-Synthesis
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day
-Hidden Power (electric)
Bulky enough to effectively use Synthesis(?) this guy works to set up a second sunny day and hit some tanks hard.

Salamence- Life Orb
Intimidate
120Attack/136 Speed/ 252 Special Attack
Rash
-Fire Blast
-Roost
-Earthquake
-Draco Meteor
Has great type coverage and resists ground/water attacks which Heatran and Infernape are weak to.

Blissey @ leftovers
Natural Cure
148 HP / 252 Defense / 108 Special Attack
Bold
-Stealth Rock
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic
-Softboiled
Sets up Stealth Rock and wall.

Been thinking of changing the lead to Bronzong with a Heat Rock, opinions?

Only thing about leading with Brongzong is that you would be increasing Brongzong's weakness to fire, unless you go with a Heatproof one. But then you have to deal with Earhtquake.

hmm... Explosion

I'm not sure if any of them can learn that... and what should it be placed over?

Heatran needs Explosion for 1 guaranteed kill. I suggest putting it over Fire Blast. You already have Infernape with Flamethrower and Salamence with Fire Blast, so that seems the most logical, even if you have Sunny Day going. Earth Power provides good type coverage and power, and reliable accuracy, so keep that. Dragon Pulse is a nice STAB move that can take care of dragons and a fair amount of pokemon neutral to the Dragon type. Hidden Power Electric is almost mandatory for Heatran for obvious reasons.

So yeah, Explosion over Fire Blast, imo.

I disagree. With Sunny Day out, the temptation to hit that Exeggutor (or any other grass types you may end up adding) with a fire type move is overwhelming. If you don't show your Heatran early on, you can predict this and switch, activating Flash Fire. Flash Fire and Sunny Day boosted STAB Fire Blast (effective 405 power) off of almost 600 special attack is far too good to give up. Explosion is what, 250 power off of almost 200 Atk?

I disagree. With Sunny Day out, the temptation to hit that Exeggutor (or any other grass types you may end up adding) with a fire type move is overwhelming. If you don't show your Heatran early on, you can predict this and switch, activating Flash Fire. Flash Fire and Sunny Day boosted STAB Fire Blast (effective 405 power) off of almost 600 special attack is far too good to give up. Explosion is what, 250 power off of almost 200 Atk?

Explosion is for a last attempt, guaranteed kill in tight spots. Fire Blast won't guarantee a OHKO on many pokemon unless they are weak or neutral to the fire type. But as for Explosion which is a normal type move, will hit all pokemon except for Ghost type.

I'm still not sure though, you did bring up a good point.

Exxeggutor can Explode too, you know.. :<

@ Tina, I was about to put that. In fact, mine has it. =D

why not take our Exeggutor's Sunny Day for Explosion if you already put up a sunny day on Crobat?

Also, use a Shiftry. Try to incorporate a Double Powder Jumpluff in there too.

should explode go over synthesis on exeggutor? Does that make sense?

I also think I want to replace choice specs with a leftovers on Heatran

Exeggutor in my opinion is not a very good way to set up Sunny Day. It should come in to sweep when Sunny Day is up. So, consider using offensive moves. It also is faster in sunshine with a speed boosting nature and max Speed IVs than anything without a Choice Scarf (Except Ninjask and Deoxys in Speed Forme). So consider Sleep Powder. I'd say...

Exeggutor @ Life Orb/whatever you like

-SolarBeam/Energy Ball/Leaf Storm
-Psychic
-Explosion
-Sleep Powder

Nature and EVs should be tailored to whatever you want to outspeed in sunshine.

Exeggutor @ Life Orb/whatever you like

-SolarBeam/Energy Ball/Leaf Storm
-Psychic
-Explosion
-Sleep Powder

Nature and EVs should be tailored to whatever you want to outspeed in sunshine.

Why would you even consider Energy Ball if you have a 120 base powered, 100 accuracy move, like Solarbeam that doesn't have to be charged up beacuse of Sunny Day and is also powered up by Life Orb? Even Leaf Storm is a better choice over Energy Ball, with 140 base power, reliable 90 accuracy and powered up by Sunnyday + Life Orb?

So you aren't left hanging out in a sandstorm to finish your SolarBeam.

So you aren't left hanging out in a sandstorm to finish your SolarBeam.

Exactaly the reason I have Power Herb and Sunny Day. The Sunny Day has a tendency to die when he is out. People putting in Abomasnow and it just running out.

That's just a one turn fix, and honestly, its not as if Exeggcutor has much of a movepool option so people would be expecting it.

If you were running SUnny Day, don't run power Herb, use your own prediction skills and kill incoming weather inducers, then get rid of their weather with Sunny Day.

But considering I only have two Pokemon with sunny day, and one (Crobat) doesn't have exactly perfect defense, should that change you suggested be used in conjunction with a lead change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom