• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I don't think Waluigi is going to be the last one if they were going to pick someone it'd be someone from the Resident Evil Universe
I think it's going to be Waluigi for two reasons:

1. I think the last character is going to be a Nintendo-owned character
2. Waluigi is the only character I can see them putting in that will break the internet on a level similar to Joker, Banjo, Steve, and Sephiroth. It doesn't matter if he's a meme or not, it will still break the internet.

Honestly I'm still hoping for a new Legend of Zelda character though I have no idea who could be. I could see Lana or Linkle from the Warriors game (not Age of Calamity) since there's no spirits of any version of the Zelda characters from that game in Ultimate, original or otherwise (as in Warriors take on existing characters like Link or Zelda) plus the Zelda series is in desperate need of a new rep since they haven't gotten one since Brawl or Melee if you really want to get technical even if Young and Toon Link are somewhat different. Though since we're getting a lot villains as of late, Vaati would be nice too.

A friend of mine recommended Ryu Hayabusa, but I think it wouldn't garner the hype other characters have.

Though Sakurai is a mad man so anything is possible. I wanted Shantae to be the last fighter but.....Mii Fighter PTSD ensues.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm just waiting for the final character reveal before actually getting both passes, because Nintendo is gonna bundle them at some point along with Mii fighter costumes.

Last fighter finally revealed:

10c

Well Doom Guy is a Mii costume, so that'll certainly make some people happy.

And oh wow Sora actually made it in! Honestly wasn't expecting him mainly cause of Disney tbh, definitely was pleasantly surprised by this reveal, so I'm glad to be proven wrong about his inclusion. A nice way to end off the final DLC with imo.

Definitely gonna use his KHII outfit, specifically the wisdom color since it's my favorite. Glad to have another character to use a lot! I love the Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden and Dive to the Heart stage (especially seeing the other KH original characters in the glass stain design) might be another stage I'll use a lot in solo battles. Nine songs is great too, glad Destati is in. Also Aqua, Terra, and Axel as spirits make me happy!

What a fantastic final presentation for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Not just the character reveal, but the way the presentation was done! The viewer can clearly see how much genuine love and respect Sakurai and his development team have for not only the game they have created, but the fans as well. The presentation felt like a fantastic swan song celebration for the Smash Bros. series, as I'm not sure we'll be seeing another entry for a very, very long time, if at all.

There are no words to describe how incredible this game is for gamers across the medium. Not only is it the most impressive crossover in all of gaming history, but each and every character is handled in a way that retains what makes them unique in their source material. For those reasons alone, this could definitely be considered the greatest game ever created, as no other game manages to capture so much of what makes gaming as a whole great, and wrap it up nicely in a tight, content-filled, stunning looking package to boot.

Thank you, Mr. Sakurai.

I totally wasn't expecting the last pick to be anything special, but then it was Sora! TBH, Sora has been on my list of most wanted since perhaps the mid 2000s when I first played KH. But I had really given up on there being any chance of it, and the majority of SSB DLC characters were so forgettable that I had no expectations going in for it to be a character even remotely exciting.

I'm excited that Ultimate is going out on a bang, and also that it's a really exciting character for me! =D

Yay!

Also really glad to see Kingdom Hearts games coming to the Switch. I currently own them across many consoles, so I think I'll pick this up and have portable Kingdom Hearts! =D

I have no money right now, though. And back to SSB, I haven't bought any DLC characters post Joker. When I have money, I think I'll get Banjo & Kazooie, Sephiroth, and Sora. Not interested in the rest of the characters chosen. Oh well, saves me money. lol

Now I wonder why you think that Masahiro Sakurai didn't including any of the Generation VIII Pokémon for the downloadable playable fighter or NPC Poké or Master Ball summons or Galarian, Isle or Armor or Crown Tundra location-based battle or arranged Pokémon Sword & Shield, Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra OST-based remixes or medleys for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I don't think Ultimate will be the final Smash game. It may seem like that due to the name or atmosphere, but remember that this is the only fighting game other than ARMS that Nintendo has in their groups of games.

I've never played Kingdom Hearts so I have no real positive or negative feelings towards Sora being in Smash. However, I will say that I feel sad now that the final fighter has been revealed. It's been really fun seeing who would be added to the game over the past few years, and now it kind of feels like the end of an era.

Excuse me, please. Can anyone available answer my question please? Hey, I'm just wanting you know why you think that Masahiro Sakurai didn't including any kinds of the Generation VIII Pokémon for the single downloadable playable fighter or NPC Poké or Master Ball summons, common enemies, bosses, stage background characters and various other NPCs, or any kinds of Galarian, Isle or Armor or Crown Tundra location-based battle stages or arranged version of Pokémon Sword & Shield, Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra OST-based remixes or medleys for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

My God... The impossible just happened.

After what happened with Dissidia's development (it was originally going to be a KH game) I thought he wouldn't be allowed.

I was proven wrong. I guess the only characters ]I didn't like were Sephiroth and Steve, but otherwise I can't wait to get a Switch to play this.

Back
Top Bottom