• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Look, guys. So once the Kingdom Hearts universe's Sora was revealed for a final downloadable playable fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, none of the Generation VIII Pokémon have been revealed as downloadable playable fighters or NPCs, including Poké and Master Ball summons, while none of the locations based in the Galar region, including the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra, have been included as battle stages for the fighter pack, none of the original soundtrack titles from Pokémon Sword and Shield, including the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra, have been included for the remixes and medleys. So I wonder why you think?

I'm happy with Sora tbh. I don't think its a bad addition and it looks OP. People have wanted Pokemon, but lets be honest, there can't be too many of them. Thank you Sakurai!

Look, guys. So once the Kingdom Hearts universe's Sora was revealed for a final downloadable playable fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, none of the Generation VIII Pokémon have been revealed as downloadable playable fighters or NPCs, including Poké and Master Ball summons, while none of the locations based in the Galar region, including the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra, have been included as battle stages for the fighter pack, none of the original soundtrack titles from Pokémon Sword and Shield, including the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra, have been included for the remixes and medleys. So I wonder why you think?
Because. There isn’t really a point to do so. An update to add Pokémon or stages would have to be with a themed fighter. Which Sora ain’t.
Besides, there’s already a ton of content here. A few more summons and a bland stage wouldn’t be justified.

i am so relieved that this is done and over with. for now, at least.

to be clear, i don't think there's anything wrong with speculation and hype. but i think the whole "everything is a hint towards a new smash character" thing was going rather far. i want smash to be what it was originally supposed to be: just a fun fighting game with people's favourite, most memorable video game characters over the years. nothing more, nothing less.

Sakurai really deserves a much needed break.

Can they do that with something like Smash? I mean, Smash is not the kind of thing you can reboot (if my understanding of "reboot" is correct).
I mean, it's a lot more likely than just ending the series considering Smash is Nintendo's only one of the two fighting games that they have. The other is ARMS, but since it's still a relatively new IP, it will need time to cement itself as a mainstay before receiving a new entry.

I'd rather not have Melee 2. Sure, Melee is fine and all, but concentrating on the competitive scene would be bad for me.

After playing Rivals of Aether and that one Nickelodeon platform fighter, I feel those games are missing... something. Something that makes the other games fun.

I like Rivals, but I feel they concentrated way too much in the competitive side, to the point everything else was... lacking. For example, 14 characters is a pretty small roster for me. And there's not much to do for the people that play alone (which is what I do).

Same with the Nickelodeon game, although part of its faults are Viacom's blame: They didn't gave them enough money (and possibly time) to make it a better game.

A bit late to the party, but I am hyped beyond words for Sora. Sora was one of my most wanted characters for Smash, alongside Byleth and Pheonix Wright, but I thought it was an impossibility. But Sakurai actually did it. He did the impossible. He go through Disney, one of the scummiest companies when it comes to brand management. Thank you Sakurai beyond words. I got five of my favorite characters in Smash: Hero, Byleth, Pyra, Mythra, and now Sora. Sakurai, you are really one of the greatest game developers of all time.

Even better, Kingdom Hearts is coming to Switch! So excited! I've only actually played 358/2 Days and Dream Drop Distance and currently playing through Memory of Melody. Really looking forward to playing the rest of the series.

Why do you think that Dracovish didn't appear as only one of those spirits in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

Took this picture and showed it to Ryoma Maser, since his most-wanted and my most-wanted both got in the game and I thought it'd be fun to have them on the same team instead of beating each other up since we respectively didn't want the other person's most-wanted character in XD
this came out grainier than i wanted it to lol.jpg

Why do you think that Masahiro Sakurai should never replace the Kingdom Hearts universe's Sora with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre universe's Leatherface instead as final downloadable playable fighter for the second and final volume of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter Pass?

Why do you think that Masahiro Sakurai should never replace the Kingdom Hearts universe's Sora with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre universe's Leatherface instead as final downloadable playable fighter for the second and final volume of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter Pass?
confused-wth.gif
This is a... peculiar question to ask, and one with a very obvious answer lol.

Do you think that Masahiro Sakurai will be involved in the next Super Smash Bros. video game sometimes in the future after Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? Why?

Do you think that Masahiro Sakurai will be involved in the next Super Smash Bros. video game sometimes in the future after Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? Why?
At the current moment, yes, as he stated in an interview that he doesn't trust someone else to be director of the series development.

Back
Top Bottom