• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when I was about to say “you know, this round hasn’t been too hard to stomach and the centro jokes seem to have fully evolved to self-referential jabs that aren’t mean spirited”. Lmao

The reference of it being April 1st makes me think it’s all been a “joke”, and one presented so BADLY that it’s going to hurt their image and their rep.

Just when I was about to say “you know, this round hasn’t been too hard to stomach and the centro jokes seem to have fully evolved to self-referential jabs that aren’t mean spirited”. Lmao

The reference of it being April 1st makes me think it’s all been a “joke”, and one presented so BADLY that it’s going to hurt their image and their rep.
XD Right on the Centro thing? He's been doing so well at amiably jabbing at Centro, I find it almost endearing, but then he came right in with a hard arrogance punch- just ow.

But I don't know about it all being a joke because he really doubled down on the dog and with the starter hints, that seems a bit much effort for an April Fools joke just to ruin his reputation when he could have just left it at that first image and the dog and sat back to laugh without being too self-damaging.

The worst would be if it’s NOT a joke, but they don’t say anything either way after today, so that everyone fights about the authenticity of all this until summer at the earliest.

That would be too obnoxious… and luckily, Khu can never stay quiet about the ‘hints’ and, if there are Ten or so and this is real, they will definitely offer up more clues after today. Again, if it’s real.

@ the dog in a wheelchair-like assist:

Is it too soon to hope for a Boltund evolution? Yes? :( lol It’s just the first thing I thought of- Yamper got so fast that it’s legs evolve into wheels. One can hope…

although I suppose a regional evolution for Mightyena with that exact concept is far more likely. “A few months” means summer, which is when regional variants start being revealed.

That ORRRR Zayellow, the long-lost sibling of Zacian and Zamazenta, makes its debut in this game. Who needs a sword or a shield if… you have wheels… on your butt…

Not sure what that bandana thing was a bit ago, but I will cry if they make the legendaries similar-named with same-animal inspiration. Zacian and Zamazenta were cool, but too alike.

Yeah, I'm thinking he only gave us a clue to solve part of the first image, and only the starter part.

Could be Grass/Electric or he got his gear backwards in the Hisuian image and it's Grass/Fighting? Grass/Electric would be way more interesting, though.

And for the matchups...
[...]
So uh.... yeah um... Grass/Electric, Fire/Dragon, and Water/Fighting would be the least unbalanced way to read that. XD
eh - i wouldn't get too fussed by the balance of it all. gen 4 starters didn't balance each other with their secondary types and even when they've tried to do other triangles, they end up with an imbalanced one anyways (6, 7, and PLA have imbalanced triangles). and frankly not sure he even leaked anything anyways (even if Water/Fighting makes sense with Quaxly).

This is why I think we should only post anything from Riddler Khu if it has actual relevant information. This whole thing really seems like it was just an elaborate petty April Fools joke targeted at Centro. This is one of the biggest reasons why I can't stand him and just want a new leaker to make him irrelevant.

Last edited:
eh - i wouldn't get too fussed by the balance of it all. gen 4 starters didn't balance each other with their secondary types and even when they've tried to do other triangles, they end up with an imbalanced one anyways (6, 7, and PLA have imbalanced triangles). and frankly not sure he even leaked anything anyways (even if Water/Fighting makes sense with Quaxly).
Well, I wasn't expecting perfect balance- that would severely limit the type possibilities for starters. My point in gaging the matchups was to determine the more likely order, because there's having a slight imbalance and then there's just being totally out of whack, which having one starter resist both of the other two would be upsettingly off.

This is why I think we should only post anything from Riddler Khu if it has actual relevant information. This whole thing really seems like it was just an elaborate petty April Fools joke targeted at Centro. This is one of the biggest reasons why I can't stand him and just want a new leaker to make him irrelevant.
It's a Leaks/Rumours thread and Khu leaks in riddles with a side of Centro-mocking, so as long as it looks like it might be something, it's worth talking about. Better than wasting any time on the loads of fake twitter leaks claiming we'll get a trailer sometime this month. Because that's not going to happen.

Ok I saw on r/PokéLeaks a very interesting take on what the 3 Pokémon in the middle mean- center is Regirock, the first Regi. Right is an Electric/Dragon Pokémon (the only one I think), which are the two new Regis introduced recently. Left is Ground, a type not used for a Regi yet.

I love the idea of Regigigas having had made more and more Regis as it roamed the world, and I just love the Regis in general. So a Ground type Regi would be a cool addition to the group. Weird if it’s only one new Regi though, since they could really make one for every type really.

Ok I saw on r/PokéLeaks a very interesting take on what the 3 Pokémon in the middle mean- center is Regirock, the first Regi. Right is an Electric/Dragon Pokémon (the only one I think), which are the two new Regis introduced recently. Left is Ground, a type not used for a Regi yet.

I love the idea of Regigigas having had made more and more Regis as it roamed the world, and I just love the Regis in general. So a Ground type Regi would be a cool addition to the group. Weird if it’s only one new Regi though, since they could really make one for every type really.
Not a fan of getting more Regis but what Age would a ground-type Regi represent? We currently have the Stone Age, Iron Age, Ice Age, Middle Ages and Modern Age.

Not a fan of getting more Regis but what Age would a ground-type Regi represent? We currently have the Stone Age, Iron Age, Ice Age, Middle Ages and Modern Age.
Cambrian/beginning of life?

Maybe a fairy Regi for the Renaissance...
We can also get a Psychic-type representing Sci-Fi and/or our unknown future.

Was this ever actual lore, or just fan theories? Actually curious, because I always liked the concept but found it very limiting when they announced Regidraco and Regieleki.

Because it kinda always felt to me that Regigigas was just roaming around, making golems out of elements (including… “dragon energy???”). What I can see doesn’t actually support a “eras of time” theme beyond coincidence and fan theory. I’d love to see actual evidence because it’d be interesting and help any potential new Regi rumors.

Regigigas being out there just randomly making golems for no reason.
For real though. lol It wanders into a desert, thinks for a bit, waves its arms or whatever and makes a Ground type sand Regi. Fans can say it’s uhhhh Prehistory because it’s all degraded to sand. Lol

I don't think the pokemon Khu chose mean anything. I think the only important part is the types. In both examples, there is only one pokemon with a secondary typing AND that matches the type of the center item (garchomp only has ground depicted) AND that pokemon that looses typing gains fighting which Zekrom would presumably be paired with fighting because it's already electric. My interpretation is this:

An electric/dragon looses its dragon type and gains fighting instead.
It gives the dragon type to a mono rock type
A ground type becomes ground/electric

Other than Zekrom (and that one Galar fossil) the only Electric/Dragon is Mega Ampharos. The typing could reference that or simply its Japanese name (which is why it got dragon in the first place). So we could get an electric/fighting ampharos variant

Mono Rock and Ground suprisingly don't have many options. For ground type, the only pokemon that haven't already received a variant are Donphan, Hippowdon and Mudsdale.
My guess would be Donphan.

For Rock, the options would be Suddowoodo, Gigalith or Lycanrock. I'm kind of leaning towards Gigalith.

This theory doesn't take first stages into consieration, though. Given their trend of giving gen 5 pokemon a regional variant that matches the typing of an existing gen 5 pokemon (Runergris, Stunfisk, Basculegion), then maybe Drillbur becomes Ground electric. Now that I think about it, it would be kind of funny if Stunfisk and Excadrill switched types.

For real though. lol It wanders into a desert, thinks for a bit, waves its arms or whatever and makes a Ground type sand Regi. Fans can say it’s uhhhh Prehistory because it’s all degraded to sand. Lol
Regigigas is the ultimate expression of me as a writer. Why did he do what he did? Uh, because it's awesome, that's why!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom