• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it. Wasn't Sunflora supposed to be getting something? Or was that fake?
There was a pic that people thought was a sunflora variant, but it was literally the digimon sunflowmon pasted onto a swsh background

Edit: Oh yeah, Minya has a possible sunflora variant (not the sunflowmon) pic on their leaks repository thread

If Rfakes really are convergent evolution, maybe it's a hummingbird version of Volcarona to parallel this guy:

5c3145874e798069ab5936be5acf0d9e.jpg

^ of course it would be opposite of this because this is a moth, not a bird.

Well, considering RF of legendary bird trio last gen, it's not that surprising.
In the game, am I wrong or did the professor say something about Galar Zapdos which looks like Kanto Zapdos, but in reality it is not? So they would not be regional forms.

Rfakes of the dog trio please. It would make sense lore wise if they didn't have the same names before they were revived by ho oh.
This would be more of an ancient form, no? A fake would be like a rock type that looks like an Entei so as to fool the player*

*I think. All I can imagine when I think of a Diglet that turns out to be an eel is that it’s meant to freak you out. Like if you thought you found a Mareep but then it revealed spider legs or something.

I absolutely love the new concepts. Especially the Past/Future forms, I had a feeling we’ll get them and I’m glad we did. BUT.. they should never get dex slots. I’m so disappointed at that.

They should have made the Legendaries counterparts as new pokemon and all the others just regional forms. This way I would have been happy.
I just hope that:

• These new ancient/future pokemon don't disappear forever after gen 9.
  • We are not forced to have them, whenever their normal form line is in one game. (Considering that some pokemon can also not appear in an entire generation, I don't want Greninja line to be absent next gen because ancient Misdreavus and Jygglipuff need to take two spots in the dex of the games cause their counterparts are in it).

I have a feeling Pawniard is getting a female design counterpart :)
One of my friends brought up the idea of a queen related evo to go along with the whole lines chess theming

Why promote your pawn to a bishop when you could instead promote it to a a queen?

Last edited:
I'm going to have to wait and see what they look like, but I think I like the idea of Rfakes conceptually once I realized that their not really regional forms at all.

Vulpix completely changes type, but it's still a fox; it just becomes an artic fox. An eel that looks similar to dugtrio isn't really the same thing no matter how close in appearance it is because it is an eel and not a mole.

I feel like I’d like the whole thing more if it wasn’t pitched as a new concept and there just happened to be new Pokémon that were similar to older Pokémon

I'm going to have to wait and see what they look like, but I think I like the idea of Rfakes conceptually once I realized that their not really regional forms at all.

Vulpix completely changes type, but it's still a fox; it just becomes an artic fox. An eel that looks similar to dugtrio isn't really the same thing no matter how close in appearance it is because it is an eel and not a mole.
I still hope it's more than just a difference in colouring, though.

Could someone ask Khu if there are other small visual differences or not?

Anyway, I hope the new-concept 'mons are breedable. The 'RFakes' most likely are.

In the game, am I wrong or did the professor say something about Galar Zapdos which looks like Kanto Zapdos, but in reality it is not? So they would not be regional forms.

I don't really remember and, if stated at the end, haven't really completed that quest yet. But what I wanted to say is that they're willing to tinker with legendaries as with the bird trio in Galar, so it's not really surprising that they'd do it again this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom