• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He confirmed that they will all have the same types. It seems strange...
Hope the abilities, stats and movepools will change.
Apparently all ancient pokémon are exclusive to Scarlet and all future pokémon are exclusive to Violet. That's sad news. More than new 10 pokémon will be version exclusive.
Sword and Shield had just 4 exclusive new pokemon and three exclusive gigamax.
Also, what does it mean that Rotom has a new catalogue?

Apparently all ancient pokémon are exclusive to Scarlet and all future pokémon are exclusive to Violet. That's sad news. More than new 10 pokémon will be version exclusive.
Sword and Shield had just 4 exclusive new pokemon and three exclusive gigamax.
They are probably featured in raid-battles, though. So, I think there's still an easy way to find version-exclusives.

Speculation on my part, of course.

I also think there's too much vagueness about the type-discussion of these future/past Pokémon, so I'd refrain from conclusions (for now).

Anyway, the grass/fire Pokémon is likely a pepper (who would've thought?), but cool nonetheless. He also teased some other Pokémon, like a frog (presumably the same one Khu hinted at earlier). Also, another bird and a fish (the latter was also hinted by Khu once).

They are probably featured in raid-battles, though. So, I think there's still an easy way to find version-exclusives.

Speculation on my part, of course.

I also think there's too much vagueness about the type-discussion of these future/past Pokémon, so I'd refrain from conclusions (for now).

Anyway, the grass/fire Pokémon is likely a pepper (who would've thought?), but cool nonetheless. He also teased some other Pokémon, like a frog (presumably the same one Khu hinted at earlier). Also, another bird and a fish (the latter was also hinted by Khu once).
Yeah, I've read somewhere the frog may be electric. I guess the bird is the regional one. Among all the leaks, the only flying pokemon is the flamingo, which Kaka said is a standalone. I hope the fish is not just another monotype water fish cause honestly we have plenty already.

Kaka was talking about the catalogue used to order Rotom's appliances, and it was in reference to the auction house feature. I think what he meant was that you need to bid for the items at the auction house to get access to Rotom's alternate forms.

Another thing is that Kaka apparently revealed that the Ancient/Future species are collectively called "Paradox Pokemon", presumably referring to their time displaced status.

The fact that they are still the same type as their counterparts is interesting. I imagine that if GF decided to give them new dex entries, there would at least be some variation in their abilities, stats, and movepools. Perhaps the concept is that they are a different take on the same ideas.

In any case, it seems like Kaka intends to stick around for a bit longer, as well as reveal more details about new Pokemon and features. I wonder if we'll be able to get a rough idea of the entire dex out of him before he pulls the plug for good.

Kaka was talking about the catalogue used to order Rotom's appliances, and it was in reference to the auction house feature. I think what he meant was that you need to bid for the items at the auction house to get access to Rotom's alternate forms.

Another thing is that Kaka apparently revealed that the Ancient/Future species are collectively called "Paradox Pokemon", presumably referring to their time displaced status.

The fact that they are still the same type as their counterparts is interesting. I imagine that if GF decided to give them new dex entries, there would at least be some variation in their abilities, stats, and movepools. Perhaps the concept is that they are a different take on the same ideas.

In any case, it seems like Kaka intends to stick around for a bit longer, as well as reveal more details about new Pokemon and features. I wonder if we'll be able to get a rough idea of the entire dex out of him before he pulls the plug for good.
For sure the paradox pokémon will have variations in abilities (we know some share this new ability like UBs) and stats. Khu said they are super powerful and I honestly don't see how Jigglypuff may be super powerful if it remains the same.
Anyway, right now I'm glad I've chosen Violet. Even if I didn't see all the designs I think Delibird/Gallade(or Gardevoir)/Tyranitar/Hariyama >>>> Jigglypuff/Misdreavus/Amoonguss/Salamance. We still need to know three more of each form however.

Bet Primeape has to use 5x Outrage in one battle to evolve. You've heard it first here.

@Joker901 There's actually another bird, besides the flamingo, the ostrich and the newly hinted bird: A parrot/parakeet Pokémon was hinted yesterday. Single stage.

EDIT: I hope someone in the fanbase is still compiling and editing all the info we're getting. Not just you making the list of Pokémon, but also the other information. It might be a bit hard to keep track of, otherwise.

@Joker901 There's actually another bird, besides the flamingo, the ostrich and the newly hinted bird: A parrot/parakeet Pokémon was hinted yesterday. Single stage.
Oh yeah. I forgot about the parakeet. However we don't know if that and the ostrich will be flying type (a type that the regional bird has for sure). What I was saying is that the Flamingo is the only Flying type we know for sure.

Honestly though, the reveal that these Paradox Pokemon still share the same typings as the originals is starting to make me question some stuff.

Does anyone remember where the idea that the Paradox Pokemon have their own dex entries came from? If it was originally reported by Kaka, and it is known that he misinterpreted the original data and that he may not be that familiar with the series, I'm starting to wonder if they really are their own separate Pokemon or if they are just special versions of their counterparts like Spiky-Eared Pichu or something.

Oh yeah. I forgot about the parakeet. However we don't know if that and the ostrich will be flying type (a type that the regional bird has for sure). What I was saying is that the Flamingo is the only Flying type we know for sure.
My bad. I have the habit of misreading your posts...

@UnownUser Khu said they had separate numbers, as well. The wording on sharing the types is still vague, though. Especially with Khu mentioning other types for some Pokémon.

My bad. I have the habit of misreading your posts...

@UnownUser Khu said they had separate numbers, as well. The wording on sharing the types is still vague, though. Especially with Khu mentioning other types for some Pokémon.
No problem, don't worry.
About the typing, let's say it will be difficult to separate two designs (for past and future Volcarona for example) if they share the same type combo.
I want to bring this conversation of Khu answering to someone who asked what was its favorite paradox pokémon:

Khu: "one gen5 future counterpart, Adrive gonna love it too cause a bug".
aDrive: "LETS GOOOOOO".
Khu: "LOL, but it's not bug type anymore, the origin is bug type. Plot twist time :ROFLMAO:".

So I guess that even if not all, at least some paradox pokémon will change type. The informations Khu provides (even if provided in, let's say, uncommon ways), are usually pretty accurate.

Has Kaka leaked anything today? Or is he actually done for good?
He leaked a few stuff.

There's a picnic mode similar to the old camping one where you can wash, feed and, seemingly, breed Pokèmon.
The moves' list and switching from PLA is back.
Primeape's evo is Ghost/Fighting.
He mentioned a few more pokèmon, without going into much details. One is a new bird, and another is a frog with the evo. The first might be the regional bird.
The ancient/future forms might be called Paradox forms, you're not restricted to one per savefile, but it seems the typing might be the same of the original form, at least for some.

There's more, but I don't recall all the details.

He leaked a few stuff.

There's a picnic mode similar to the old camping one where you can wash, feed and, seemingly, breed Pokèmon.
The moves' list and switching from PLA is back.
Primeape's evo is Ghost/Fighting.
He mentioned a few more pokèmon, without going into much details. One is a new bird, and another is a frog with the evo. The first might be the regional bird.
The ancient/future forms might be called Paradox forms, you're not restricted to one per savefile, but it seems the typing might be the same of the original form, at least for some.

There's more, but I don't recall all the details.
A pepper pokémon I think. And hints for the starters (a magician, a dancer and a singer emoticons) if I'm not wrong.
Let's say since Primarina someone at GF is quite obsessed with starters performing careers. XD

A pepper pokémon I think. And hints for the starters (a magician, a dancer and a singer emoticons) if I'm not wrong.
Yep, although I'm not sure how it really fits for Fuecoco. I think the hint for it might be more related to his hair then the whole archetype, but we'll see.
The pepper pokèmon is likely the Grass/Fire one hinted beforehand.

No problem, don't worry.
About the typing, let's say it will be difficult to separate two designs (for past and future Volcarona for example) if they share the same type combo.
I want to bring this conversation of Khu answering to someone who asked what was its favorite paradox pokémon:

Khu: "one gen5 future counterpart, Adrive gonna love it too cause a bug".
aDrive: "LETS GOOOOOO".
Khu: "LOL, but it's not bug type anymore, the origin is bug type. Plot twist time :ROFLMAO:".

So I guess that even if not all, at least some paradox form will change type. The informations Khu provides (even if provided in, let's say, uncommon ways), are usually pretty accurate.
I feel like its possible that there is actually only one Paradox Volcorona, and that Kaka was confused because GF decided to add the form under "past" as well as "future" in the code, because GF is weird that way.

But the Khu conversation you shared does sound like compelling evidence, Kaka also mentioned that he "couldn't confirm" Paradox Volcarona's typing, so I guess its all still up in the air for now.

Yep, although I'm not sure how it really fits for Fuecoco. I think the hint for it might be more related to his hair then the whole archetype, but we'll see.
The pepper pokèmon is likely the Grass/Fire one hinted beforehand.
Yeah, I was quite confused too. It will be the second starter who sings (after Primarina). At some point the starters will form a band. We already have two singers, a dancer and drummer.

Yeah, I was quite confused too. It will be the second starter who sings (after Primarina). At some point the starters will form a band. We already have two singers, a dancer and drummer.
I'll wait and see how it'll turn out, I guess. An emoji could mean anything, really.
Feature wise, with the exception of how the gyms are going to be handled (which I'm waiting to see how it'll work), I really like what they seemingly did.

I do think that, if they truly skipped July, that the trailer/s in August might be much more extended then in the past, kind of like the XC3 trailer they did a few weeks ago.

I'll wait and see how it'll turn out, I guess. An emoji could mean anything, really.
Feature wise, with the exception of how the gyms are going to be handled (which I'm waiting to see how it'll work), I really like what they seemingly did.

I do think that, if they truly skipped July, that the trailer/s in August might be much more extended then in the past, kind of like the XC3 trailer they did a few weeks ago.
I don't know. It's really weird to think the region name and map will not be revealed until August. I think it has never happened since the 3D era. I mean, August was the moment TPCi used to reveal the big stuff (Mega Evolutions, Z moves, Alola and Galar Forms, Regional Evolutions). Right now we don't even know who our rival is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom