• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of pissed, but not at all surprised that Game Freak moves on to another Form gimick (RFakes) to apply on Gen 1 Pokemon* now that a big chunk of Gen 1 Pokes got regional forms. But that it overshadowed by some potentially cool things like new cross gen evos and the past/future forms which might be applied accross generations more proportionately.

* just assuming since we already have Diglett's lookalike confirmed

I really, REALLY hope they learned from their mistakes with the NPC players in max raid battles.

I knew some raid-like thing would return though. The game itself is multiplayer to some extent (that’s the only thing they HAVE revealed lol) and max raid battles successfully prolonged the life of SwSh far better than any previous post-game mechanic.

"Khu is confused about Regional Fakes" sounds like wishful thinking to me. It's possible he was, but these days it's abundantly clear he's seen the whole dex. After all, the concept feels like the natural conclusion of Alolan Persian, Galarian Slowpoke, Gigantamax Meowth, Gigantamax Eevee...At worst it will be an unrecognized group like the regional rodents or the Gen IV evolutions.
I will just put their exact tweets about this.

"Nope, this fan term comes form a mistake. At first I thought eel mon was a regional form of diglett. But it just ended up being a new mon. And RF and RF, I just thought that form could also be replaced with fake to correct this mistake, so this term debuted."

"Cause they are not forms and RF should mean something, so the word form became fake. Lol. I don’t think official will give a term to call them. Cause they are just meme designs."

At least they have been honest. A little late but honest.

I really, REALLY hope they learned from their mistakes with the NPC players in max raid battles.

I knew some raid-like thing would return though. The game itself is multiplayer to some extent (that’s the only thing they HAVE revealed lol) and max raid battles successfully prolonged the life of SwSh far better than any previous post-game mechanic.
Max Raids were one of my favorite things to do with friends online, so I'm happy it seems they're returning. I'm with you when it comes to NPC's. The NPC's were pretty weak and were KO'd too frequently or their AI was weak and resulted in NPC's like Martin spamming Cosmic Power on his Solrock.

Raids will either be against regular pokemon who are for some reason super strong or just inexplicably they are large still its just not a mechanic we can use.

Ancient/Future "forms" are said to be stronger (Khu said the new concept was like Mega-Evolution and said new concept Pokemon are op). Maybe time warp occurs at certain spots only, displays those ancient/future Pokemon, that needs to be battled in raids.
A mix of PLA time distorsion and SwSh Dynamax raid battles.

Ancient/Future "forms" are said to be stronger (Khu said the new concept was like Mega-Evolution and said new concept Pokemon are op). Maybe time warp occurs at certain spots only, displays those ancient/future Pokemon, that needs to be battled in raids.
A mix of PLA time distorsion and SwSh Dynamax raid battles.
And after that they can be caught. I wouldn't mind.

I think there will be WAY too few ancient and future forms to sustain them being the only thing raided. If Kaka was talking about ONLY ancient forms when they responded saying “8-9”, then that still only means 16-18 Pokémon between the two.

But I do see a new version of the time distortions from PLA being here, complete with a time-warped boss Pokémon that has a chance to be one of the ancient or future forms. Kind of like how sometimes max raids had G-max Pokémon, but usually had “regular” Dynamax Pokémon.

Wait this concept sounds really cool the more I talk about it and flesh it out in my mind!!! Like. If you have Scarlet, you could even catch the future forms if you join a time distortion battle hosted by a Violet player and stuff like that!

And, like max raids, the bosses would have better stats, etc. This also would explain why Khu said this concept influences battles somehow-time distortion boss battles would be a big kind of battle in the games.

I think there will be WAY too few ancient and future forms to sustain them being the only thing raided. If Kaka was talking about ONLY ancient forms when they responded saying “8-9”, then that still only means 16-18 Pokémon between the two.

But I do see a new version of the time distortions from PLA being here, complete with a time-warped boss Pokémon that has a chance to be one of the ancient or future forms. Kind of like how sometimes max raids had G-max Pokémon, but usually had “regular” Dynamax Pokémon.

Wait this concept sounds really cool the more I talk about it and flesh it out in my mind!!! Like. If you have Scarlet, you could even catch the future forms if you join a time distortion battle hosted by a Violet player and stuff like that!

And, like max raids, the bosses would have better stats, etc. This also would explain why Khu said this concept influences battles somehow-time distortion boss battles would be a big kind of battle in the games.
Kaka and Khu both said there are around 8-10 time-warped forms in total, so both 'future-' and 'past-'forms.

A bit like Ultra Beasts. Probably also not breedable (although I hope they are).

Also I am calling it now, there will be no difference design concept wise between the past and future forms, their lore is just different, no wacky robots for the future forms or anything.
Edit: Heck there might be some designs shared between games, they are just somehow from the past in one game and the future in another.

Kaka and Khu both said there are around 8-10 time-warped forms in total, so both 'future-' and 'past-'forms.

A bit like Ultra Beasts. Probably also not breedable (although I hope they are).
Oh if there’s only like 10…

1. We’ve already learned of all the Scarlet ones since we know of 5
2. That’s WAY less than the number of G-max forms there were at launch of SwSh, so maybe the raids aren’t time distortions. There should be some kind of special forms to draw people in to play them, but 10 in total seems way low. Unless they end up actually being smart about this and have more forms planned for surprise release throughout 2023 to REALLY keep interest up.

Also I am calling it now, there will be no difference design concept wise between the past and future forms, their lore is just different, no wacky robots for the future forms or anything.
Edit: Heck there might be some designs shared between games, they are just somehow from the past in one game and the future in another.
Yeah, I'm expecting all of them to be shaped by Darwinian evolution.

I am not so sure about that. I am pretty convinced Koraidon and Miraidon are themselves time warped Pokemon (likely based on the same Pokemon, that will remain unknown like BW original dragon). And Miraidon is all wacky robots.

But I hope not all of them will be like that and they will find some designs that scream "future" without adding technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom