• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it mentioned in a video that the three rivals (Nemona, Arvin and Penny) might appear more prominently in one of the three paths.

Presumably, Nemona would appear during the gym challenge path, with Arvin and Penny appearing during the other two story paths.

It sounds possible, what do you think?

I saw it mentioned in a video that the three rivals (Nemona, Arvin and Penny) might appear more prominently in one of the three paths.

Presumably, Nemona would appear during the gym challenge path, with Arvin and Penny appearing during the other two story paths.

Makes sense. Three stories, three rivals.

I feel like it's more the fault of the leakers, calling it a dolphin in the first place and getting peoples hopes up.
If I remember correctly, didn't Tapu Fini go through something similar? Lots of people assumed it was going to be a dolphin when in reality it's a mermaid with a swordfish theme instead.

The Pokemon Presents shows three scenes when mentioning the three paths: the gyms (where Nemona is also shown), the flags, and the towers.
The official website shows three images about the adventure having three paths: a gym, the MC with Arven looking at a shining plant, and the strange car (related to the flags thing).

So indeed, it looks like Nemona is the gym path rival, Arven the towers path rival (maybe it is the treasure hunt here), and I could see Penny being associated with the flags thing and the car, like the shy goth girl being involved in riding or something.

Man. I feel like the whole "open world" thing was kinda false advertising. This fight the gym leaders in any order you want, but there is no scaling part of the game is whack. Say if you train all the way up to beat the last gym leader first, once you beat him, since you're now at level 80 or 90,the rest of the gym leaders before the last one are going to be stupid easy. Pokemon is clearly giving you a way that they want you to play the game. Unless they give you an incentive battle the gym leaders in any way you want.

I mean, to be fair even if you couldn't do the gym's in any order SV would be by definition open world. Believe it or not but the concept of Open World is actually less about "Do whatever, whenever" and more about... well, the world being completely open.
I also still think there's a decent chance that the left and right sides of the map will be balanced Gym wise, the first gym you come across on the left is equal in strength to the first gym on the right.

It seems we will have many ways to interacting with our Pokémon in this game which I'm very excited about!

-Pokémon walking alongside you (probably only 1 at the time)
-Releasing Pokémon out in the field and similiar interactions with your team from Legends Arceus, it seems.
(At timestamp: 11:13 in the trailer, there is the player character with six pokemon besides her in the field and at 11:18, the players nods her head towards a Noivern, interacting with it, very similiar like in PLA.)

-The Picnic mode which was mentioned from Kaka(?) You could clean your Pokémon and get Eggs from there too?

I hope we will have access to starters from other regions aswell somehow. It seemed to be misunderstandings about if it was correct or not from leakers.

We will likely get at least some of the old starters with the DLC. I have a feeling we will see the Kalos and Johto starters again.

You know, time really seems to fly, doesn't it? Even gen 6 still feels recent, but it is actually close to a decade old by now.

To play devil's advocate, I think one possible reason GF decided not to have the gyms scale is to make doing the gyms in any order more "meaningful". If all of the gyms scale with the player's level, then the core experience wouldn't be that different from a normal Pokemon game (i.e. fighting eight gym leaders of increasing levels until you beat them all). Whether or not you beat the "eighth" gym first or the "first" gym first wouldn't make much of a difference, if they scale according to your gym challenge progress anyway, you aren't beating them "out of order", the order would be whatever you chose to tackle them in.

With no scaling, defeating the gyms "out of order" actually has more pronounced effect on the playthrough. The "eighth" gym would actually be the eighth gym because there are stronger Pokemon there. As they stated, you can either choose to go after the strongest one first, or defeat them as you come across them. People have rightfully pointed out that the lack of scaling will mean that people could end up in situations where the first gym they choose to fight has level 60 Pokemon and the last one has level 15s, but perhaps that is an intended consequence as opposed to an oversight. There's a certain level of satisfaction one can get from going to a high levelled area first, beating it, then going back and steamrolling the lower levelled areas.

Furthermore, this is not a traditional Pokemon game where the gym challenge is tied to the story progress. Its separate from the two other more "main story"-like paths, presumably the Legendary Path and the Evil Team Path. The gyms are no longer the only gauge to measure the player's growth as a trainer, and I think maybe that makes scaling less important. To top things off, if you decide to do the Gym Challenge last, you'll probably be vastly overlevelled anyway with a Legendary on your team, although that's arguably par for the course for typical Pokemon runs where the player goes off to explore and catch Pokemon before progressing with gyms.

To play devil's advocate, I think one possible reason GF decided not to have the gyms scale is to make doing the gyms in any order more "meaningful". If all of the gyms scale with the player's level, then the core experience wouldn't be that different from a normal Pokemon game (i.e. fighting eight gym leaders of increasing levels until you beat them all). Whether or not you beat the "eighth" gym first or the "first" gym first wouldn't make much of a difference, if they scale according to your gym challenge progress anyway, you aren't beating them "out of order", the order would be whatever you chose to tackle them in.

With no scaling, defeating the gyms "out of order" actually has more pronounced effect on the playthrough. The "eighth" gym would actually be the eighth gym because there are stronger Pokemon there. As they stated, you can either choose to go after the strongest one first, or defeat them as you come across them. People have rightfully pointed out that the lack of scaling will mean that people could end up in situations where the first gym they choose to fight has level 60 Pokemon and the last one has level 15s, but perhaps that is an intended consequence as opposed to an oversight. There's a certain level of satisfaction one can get from going to a high levelled area first, beating it, then going back and steamrolling the lower levelled areas.

Furthermore, this is not a traditional Pokemon game where the gym challenge is tied to the story progress. Its separate from the two other more "main story"-like paths, presumably the Legendary Path and the Evil Team Path. The gyms are no longer the only gauge to measure the player's growth as a trainer, and I think maybe that makes scaling less important. To top things off, if you decide to do the Gym Challenge last, you'll probably be vastly overlevelled anyway with a Legendary on your team, although that's arguably par for the course for typical Pokemon runs where the player goes off to explore and catch Pokemon before progressing with gyms.

Bingo. A huge part of why I don't want level scaling for gyms is precisely this. If I go out of my way to battle a lvl 50 gym leader while my team is in its 20's, I want it to feel hard, I want to be forced to strategize with how to beat it. If there's a part of the map I really don't care to explore, I want to just roll the gym leader as quick as I can and leave. I feel like a lot of people are saying that lack of level scaling removes the "point" of orderless gyms/open world, but it's really the opposite. There's so much choice in how you want to approach the gym's compared to the order just not really mattering that much if they're all going to be similar difficulty when you fight them anyways.

If anyone here's played Elden Ring, it's a similar feeling to walking into Caelid earlier in the game when you're nowhere near strong enough to handle the area, but you want to explore and defeat things there anyways for the challenge.

I just hope the gyms are harder now that not having enough badges wont lock you in the same area anymore. Weakest gym leader could have a full team of level 20 pokemon. The gyms closer to your town could actually be stronger gyms, so, if you want an easier gym, you would have to look for it. Or you could train, catch a stronger pokemon and try to defeat the stronger gym that you just found.

Kaka mentioned a Bergmite/Avalugg-like 2-stage ice-line, I guess that's the Cetitan line? Khu commented on this a few weeks ago, and said he thought the line was a lot more different (and it is, if it's truly about Cetitan). Kaka thought it was like an icicle.

It really seemed as if Kaka meant the dolphin to be its own thing, even though Khu posted a bipedal dolphin monster from Yu-Gi-Oh when Kaka mentioned a new dolphin line (again semi-implying it's about Cetitan's line).

Could someone verify this with Khu? Question being: 'Is the 'Avalugg'-like/icicle ice-type line the other leaker mentioned the same as the dolphin Pokémon? And is Cetitan this rumoured dolphin Pokémon?'

Are we just going to ignore the giant crater in the middle of the map?
I'm predicting that's where Terastal energy comes from and that's why there is a weird observatory thing in it. "Thousands of years ago a meteor crashed down and sent Terastal crystals everywhere" or something to that nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom