• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1BF70616-78B8-45BE-A6EE-486DC9AC56C6.jpeg

As much as I like Tinkaton’s line, and I’ll use it regardless, the stats looks quite underwhelming. The base attack statcould be around 80 but it won’t get to 90, for sure, and the others don’t look that great.

About the Legends abilities:

Koraidon: Drought + Attack boost.
Why on earth does a Dragon/Fighting need Drought? Sun makes Fire moves stronger and halves the damage from water moves but the problem is that Koraidon doesn't need fire moves at all considering it resists both Grass and Bug and can hit Ice and Steel with its Fighting stabs. It also resists water, so, what's the point?
I just feel they needed to give him a terrain or a weather to boost the other paradox and Drought was the only one fitting him.

Miraidon: Electric Surge + Sp. Att. boost.
This is great on the other hand. Elctric Surge boosts its electric moves, which combined to the initial Sp. att. boost, makes Electric moves from Miraidon incredibly powerful. It also prevents it from sleep status.

About the Legends abilities:

Koraidon: Drought + Attack boost.
Why on earth does a Dragon/Fighting need Drought? Sun makes Fire moves stronger and halves the damage from water moves but the problem is that Koraidon doesn't need fire moves at all considering it resists both Grass and Bug and can hit Ice and Steel with its Fighting stabs. It also resists water, so, what's the point?
I just feel they needed to give him a terrain or a weather to boost the other paradox and Drought was the only one fitting him.
You could use it on a fire type team as the Pokemon that sets up the sunlight. Unlike others with Drought, it is not weak to water, as you said.

You could use it on a fire type team as the Pokemon that sets up the sunlight. Unlike others with Drought, it is not weak to water, as you said.
Sure, but, as I said, this ability is useful to others more than to itself while Miraidon with 135 sp. attack, a sp. attack boost and electric surge boost can kill whatever with its electric moves.

View attachment 165429
As much as I like Tinkaton’s line, and I’ll use it regardless, the stats looks quite underwhelming. The base attack statcould be around 80 but it won’t get to 90, for sure, and the others don’t look that great.
I expected it to be slower given the big Hammer. For a pokemon with such good type coverage, the stats don't look too bad except the defense. Physical ground/fire attacks will kill it quickly though.

Also, we don't know if Koridon knows any Fire type moves or not.
Even if it does, you should not use them. Fire is super effective on Grass/Bug/Ice/Steel, Koraidon has fighting stab moves for ice and steel, so you would need Fire moves just for Grass and Bug.
Those type are not really common in competitive, so you don't really bring cover for those considering Koraidon resists both. But, even if you want a cover move for Grass and Bug, it is better to go for a Flying move that also helps you with Fighting types (that Koraidon does not resist). Fire moves help Koraidon only with Pokémon like Scizor or Ferrothorn, but they don't really wall it, so it could easly use its fighting moves even with those two.
I don't know. I find Drought a useless ability for Koraidon.

This is a Paradox form that will appear for Scarlet, apparently in a dlc, only a shot in the book is shown in the base game.

Ohh, so basically it's not Suicune and Virizion but Suicune/Entei/Raikou vs Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion. I don't know how I feel about this, it's like Suicune cosplaying Entei. That mustache...

Let's be real: I wonder how many people actually use Set Mode (other than those who want a challenge).
That’s beside the point. Stop defending them taking away gameplay choices and forcing play styles. Its this mentality and enabling from fans that’s a part of the problem with some of their game design choices.

They could take all the Poke Balls, forcing players just to use the standard version, and people will say “Let’s be real - you barely even see the Ball anyway, who needs variation.”

If we’re being real, there was no reason to take away a feature that’s been around for over a decade that didn’t hurt anyone to be included. Especially when it will be utilized anyway in competitive play.

Apparently Protean has been nerfed. Not clear how but probably it could be used only once or the type changes after you use the move, losing the stab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom