• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you need to have a friend that plays Pokemon.
Let's not pretend there aren't online communities where you can ask people to play with you or help you out or anything. The 'I don't have friends that play it' argument has become a non-argument nowadays.

Okay, I just found something interesting about Toedscruel: it's apparrently labeled as OKAGYARADOSU internally. This means that instead of convergent Tentacool and Tentacruel, we almost got convergent Magikarp and Gyarados instead. I wonder why they didn't change it?

Question for those who got the game early: Is it possible to nickname traded Pokemon that don't already have nicknames like Sword/Shield allowed you to? Because I really like that feature and I hope SV brought it back.

Okay, I just found something interesting about Toedscruel: it's apparrently labeled as OKAGYARADOSU internally. This means that instead of convergent Tentacool and Tentacruel, we almost got convergent Magikarp and Gyarados instead. I wonder why they didn't change it?
If you're talking about the label. It really depends on how the game is made. If for some reason that label is used in multiple places changing one wont change all and if you miss one it could break things. It may have been less troublesome to just leave it.

Little bit late to the party, but here's what my team for Scarlet.

Meowscarada
Dachsbun
Clodsire
Kilowattrel
Palafin/Tatsugiri
Klawf/Farigiraf

I'm hoping I will be fully decided by the time Thursday night hits, but if not I'm going to come up with nicknames for all of them. Can't believe the game is only a few days away. We're in the endgame everyone.

Something I am curious about, has anyone put in the effort to try and figure out the entomology of the new names?
The scarada part of Meowscarada reminds me of something but I cant put my finger on what.

Some people think the third heart is for the DLC legendary, but others think that it means Game Freak is going to to making third versions instead of/in addition to DLC.

The latter is kind of worrying that TPC is being more and more greedy.

Some people think the third heart is for the DLC legendary, but others think that it means Game Freak is going to to making third versions instead of/in addition to DLC.

The latter is kind of worrying that TPC is being more and more greedy.

To be honest I wouldn't entirely mind a third version over dlc. The dlc was fun but I wasn't able to put together a new team for it like I had hoped. It felt less like a new adventure and more like a victory lap. (since I played it after finishing the game) Also I didn't feel like it was made in a way that really encouraged using new Pokemon over your already established team)

It would be interesting if they made a third version with a drastically different set of old Pokemon available along with the new gen 9 Pokemon.

(Though I think I'd prefer a sequel type game over a third version)

To be honest I wouldn't entirely mind a third version over dlc. The dlc was fun but I wasn't able to put together a new team for it like I had hoped. It felt less like a new adventure and more like a victory lap.

It would be interesting if they made a third version with a drastically different set of old Pokemon available along with the new gen 9 Pokemon.
The problem would be that the Scarlet and Violet games would be permanently outdated and require separate meta games unless TPC bothers with a compatibility patch for both Pokémon species and missing content. People would feel cheated especially considering SV has a cliffhanger ending.

I'm against Third Versions because for the most part, little that they add is something that can't be done with DLC for half the price. New mini games, Pokemon, and even battle facilities are something that you can easily put into DLC in the modern day. Even the new story events tend to be shoved towards the end so you're not getting a truly new experience until you're over halfway through the game, so at least with DLC you can jump in almost immediately after you're done with the main game.

I think that in about 30 minutes we should get the first reviews.

It seems to me most reviews will be released tomorrow.
Yeah, I read the embargo is until tomorrow.
I mean, at this point it's kinda useless. We have had leaks since March. Two days before realese is a bit too late?
Anyway, I remember a post from Centro mocking Nintendo cause, according to them, Nintendo could never get them in Latam. Apparently Ninjas could.

I think people are forgetting that Crown Tundra and Isle of Armor had green and yellow to complete the red and blue color scheme the base games had.

It's possible it's just one big DLC following the colors of Gen 1 games again...but this time only Red instead of all 3. Orange is red-yellow after all, not to mention Scarlet is red and Violet is red-blue.

Because it's apparent the full map isn't open since Barcelona is greyed out. If they're going to do something as stupid as going back to third games, I highly doubt they'd leave something that blatant in as a tease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom