• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sword Art Online Mafia - FIN - Town Victory! - 1/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sword Art Online Mafia - Day 1: The Beginning (Subs Still Accepted!) - 12/29

I can confirm. Not sure why we are just straight up revealing this, but whatever. Yolo, I guess. Haha.

Re: Sword Art Online Mafia - Day 1: The Beginning (Subs Still Accepted!) - 12/29

I can confirm. Not sure why we are just straight up revealing this, but whatever. Yolo, I guess. Haha.

Because Masta apex would be lynched otherwise and he claimed to save himself. But now that that's done,

UNVOTE: Masta apex

Because Masta apex would be lynched otherwise and he claimed to save himself. But now that that's done,

UNVOTE: Masta apex

Got it. Just read the rest of the thread. Sorry things happened like that. And I would love to have been here earlier to help him before the claim. Ahh well.

Wow... I just imagined the role of a mafia traitor whose objective would be to kill the mafiosi around him without them having a clue! *kinda like a Mafia Serial Killer*

That's definitely one of the viable reasons. Although, the role I'm thinking of, you still wouldn't want to Nightkill your mafia team, because you're technically still against town. What you would want, is for town to lynch your mafia teammates, leave you alive, and you use nightkills to kill town.

But none of that is relevant right now.

Reading up, but a good chance I'll unvote.

@Masta apex; Who is your mason partner?

EDIT: Zexy he did that because we saw his claim and none of us are obviously his partner.
Whoa, holy crap! Don't ask him to reveal his--
Looks like I was too late...
Edit: please stop with the annoying pictures.
Edit: user neonsands is my mason partner.

Seriously??

-__(\

Ok, ok, different site meta. I have to keep reminding myself. I'll just watch for a while...

Looks like I was too late...
Edit: please stop with the annoying pictures.

He has no choice. Its his role. Anyways who is your mason partner?

Also I should point out that yeah, you think it's his role. Despite (or perhaps because of) the fact that post-restriction roles have been used before (are they quite common, here?), it'd be very easy to fake a post restriction and thereby avoid being asked any questions that require complex answers, and avoid ever having to weigh in and give your reads.

[EDIT]

Caught up.
Unvote.

Last edited by a moderator:

harryheart said:
Why the 2 votes on Final Arcadia?

Just interested as there's no explanation to the votes.
Two votes on someone seems to be the norm lately when D1 starts, and very frequently Human adds on pressure so him adding a second vote didn't really surprise me ...though I never actually saw the apparent first vote on me from HeavenBlade. XD

Scholar said:
Also new player in their first game changing votes a lot: How is that scummy?
That's actually exactly why I voted Ferrothorn (who was mafia) back on D1 in Game of Thrones Mafia. He was new, but all the vote switching after people questioned a vote slightly or the tides seemed to shift to another player was suspicious because it was like not wanting to be on any potential lynch that would lead blame to him, which is a very possible mindset for new players who end up being mafia, I think. That HeavenBlade did it after harryheart asked about the votes is a bit odd and kind of reminds me of the Ferrothorn thing, but not nearly to that extent being only one switch, so I'm kind of null about it.

Zexy said:
Wait, mafia nightkilling itself?! Why would they ever do such a thing?
Scholar brought up the way it can be used to fakeclaim vig, but it could also be used to look inactive since mafia nightkilling mafia doesn't happen so it might be assumed a vig or something killed them, but then wonder why no nightkill happened, and if a doctor was already dead it might look like the mafia was just inactive which could throw the trail off of active mafiosi.

Zexy said:
So, what do you have to say on that? I am sure it's fake.
Apex hasn't been in a lot of games though, so I'm doubtful that he'd have quickly faked a mason claim if mafia, because Neonsands wasn't even online around the time he claimed so it probably wouldn't be a mafia strategy to clear themselves. And pulling someone randomly to claim as a mason partner would just backfire quickly, so I don't know why he'd bother in that case.

Dark Chocolate said:
At first, I thought Masta Apex was the Jester trying to get himself lynched (in one of the games I hosted in the past, a Jester actually won Day 1).
Though, he's claimed. :/
What do you think of his claim?

Truly said:
In a lot of cases I get that early claiming is dangerous, but why not claim though when he was getting multiple votes and any other things he said seemed to be digging the hole deeper? If he's actually town and can avoid a lynch through decent reason to believe he's town like that, it'd help move on to someone who might not be.

EDIT: Just saw Neonsands post after posting this, nevermind on some of it then. ^^;

All I can say right now is just wow.

I'm not completely sold on Masta apex and Neonsands' claim, mason is easy for mafia to fake. If we don't lynch one of them this phase, I'd recommend that they be the cop's first check.

Gone for half a day and this is what happens. My head is honestly spinning.

Masta's claim does hold some ground, specially after neonsand confirmed, it doesn't clear them 100% But considering the circumstances I'd say that they come very close.

For the time being
Unvote: harryheart

Until I can see what to do.

Edit: this thread is really moving fast, I think that its better we give Masta and Neonsands the benefit of the doubt for now. While that claim is easy to make for mafia I don't think it would ve very plausible given the circumstances (although, who knows, I may be wrong).

Last edited:

Also I should point out that yeah, you think it's his role. Despite (or perhaps because of) the fact that post-restriction roles have been used before (are they quite common, here?), it'd be very easy to fake a post restriction and thereby avoid being asked any questions that require complex answers, and avoid ever having to weigh in and give your reads.

tumblr_mwdxc6f3oQ1t0mjmso4_500.gif

Truly said:
In a lot of cases I get that early claiming is dangerous, but why not claim though when he was getting multiple votes and any other things he said seemed to be digging the hole deeper? If he's actually town and can avoid a lynch through decent reason to believe he's town like that, it'd help move on to someone who might not be.
Claiming? Fine. Outting your mason partner? Not so much.
Not sure how I feel about it, since there are only those two in that Mason group, so if Apex were to be lynched, it wouldn't matter... but this way mafia can effectively neuter the mason group by killing one of them.
Maybe it's worse in a three-player mason group. Still, it reveals more information to scum, that they didn't have before. Scum knows for 100% sure whether or not Apex and Neon Something are scum, so don't need to question the validity of the claim.

I like FArcadia and Nytie for townposts.

@Neonsands & @Masta apex

Could you guys copy and paste from the QT you guys have? It'd be helpful to see to be safe.

I've never seen a mason partnership with more than two players.

I'm not completely sold on Masta apex and Neonsands' claim, mason is easy for mafia to fake. If we don't lynch one of them this phase, I'd recommend that they be the cop's first check.

I can understand some disbelief, but would Mafia really straight up name someone else? Sure they might get by for a day, but if neither got killed during the night, then obviously something would be up. It's easy for mafia to fake, but extremely dumb because if one gets taken down, the other is automatically mafia.

I can understand some disbelief, but would Mafia really straight up name someone else? Sure they might get by for a day, but if neither got killed during the night, then obviously something would be up. It's easy for mafia to fake, but extremely dumb because if one gets taken down, the other is automatically mafia.

Apex was desperate by the time he roleclaimed anyway, and he's not very experienced in mafia. I'm not discounting it yet.

I think the claim itself is believable, just... the sudden doing of it is kinda strange. But, at the same time, I'd say it's a bad idea to go and vote either of them off. On the other hand though, it's a bit impossible to tell even with a nightkill happening. The mafia will know that if they don't kill either, then it'll make them look that much more suspicious. It's a double-edge sword honestly.

I recommend a cop check on one of them, for sure.

Yes I did claim just to save myself really. I didn't want to, but its either that or be lynched.
(That's the way I saw it)

Hey guys!!! I'll say this now so I dont have to say it later but I havent read anything, mostly because there isnt much to read as there are images!!!! I believe this is a mafia game, not a roleplay.I few images here and there is cool, but having them in every single post gets annoying!

Anyways, I have a few questions to talk about.

How many mafia members do you guys there could be in this game?
Do you guys think there are any third parties/independent?
What CHARACTERS could be the mafia and what roles could they have?
Pepsi or coke?

Apex was desperate by the time he roleclaimed anyway, and he's not very experienced in mafia. I'm not discounting it yet.
I'm not sold. It looked to me like Apex basically confessed to being Mafia before he claimed. Although he defended it later, saying he was out of option and knew he was going to be lynched and that giving up was his only option, he still had roleclaiming open to him the whole time. Seems like a Mafia move to throw us off. Neonsands's claim makes me think, though. Either they are Mafia faking Mason, which seems dumb to do because if they are Mafia, they totally just revealed themselves. Or they really are Mason, and Apex was just unlucky.

Vote: Wallflower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom