• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Yes, but the data is for an expansion pack that has not been released.
Yes, of course, but there's a lot of room between 'not everything has been shown or is known, so everything is possible' and 'we'll only get what we've seen and nothing more'.

I'm obviously somewhere between those two polar opposites. I think it's reasonable to assume that we won't get any other Galarian form, besides the Slowpoke line and the legendary birds. Why? Well, based on at least the following 'patterns': no mysterious moves, abilities or items left from the Home datamione. Not much time to go before release. Galarian forms are very marketable. Third versions and remakes (and now DLC by extent, seeing how it's the third version substitute) never had secret Pokémon before, except for event mythicals.

At the end of the day it's 'just' speculation, obviously, but those things I listed shouldn't be waved away that easily with the fallacy that is 'everything's possible', because that's not an argument.

Yes, of course, but there's a lot of room between 'not everything has been shown or is known, so everything is possible' and 'we'll only get what we've seen and nothing more'.

I'm obviously somewhere between those two polar opposites. I think it's reasonable to assume that we won't get any other Galarian form, besides the Slowpoke line and the legendary birds. Why? Well, based on at least the following 'patterns': no mysterious moves, abilities or items left from the Home datamione. Not much time to go before release. Galarian forms are very marketable. Third versions and remakes (and now DLC by extent, seeing how it's the third version substitute) never had secret Pokémon before, except for event mythicals.

At the end of the day it's 'just' speculation, obviously, but those things I listed shouldn't be waved away that easily with the fallacy that is 'everything's possible', because that's not an argument.

Anything is possible at the moment. They decided not to show us Pokemon in this promotional cycle to let us speculate.
We didn't know if Farfetch'd would receive a Galarian Form or stayed in its regular form before the leaks came out
The majority thought that Drednaw was a stand-alone mon.
If we use the only Slowbro was shown as a Galarian Form, so that is the only one we are getting argument, the same has to apply for Galarian Zigzagoon line, since it was the only Galarian line shown, and we all knwo this wasn't the case. I think we are getting at least 3/4 Galarian forms alongside Slowbro in Isle and 3/4 alongside Slowking in Crown (Not counting the legendary birds here).

Anything is possible at the moment. They decided not to show us Pokemon in this promotional cycle to let us speculate.
We didn't know if Farfetch'd would receive a Galarian Form or stayed in its regular form before the leaks came out
The majority thought that Drednaw was a stand-alone mon.
If we use the only Slowbro was shown as a Galarian Form, so that is the only one we are getting argument, the same has to apply for Galarian Zigzagoon line, since it was the only Galarian line shown, and we all knwo this wasn't the case. I think we are getting at least 3/4 Galarian forms alongside Slowbro in Isle and 3/4 alongside Slowking in Crown (Not counting the legendary birds here).
First, you can't compare DLC-content with one of a new gen's first game.
Second, no, not everything is possible. Who can say that we'll certainly get the return of megas in the Isle of Armor, with a straight face, for example? No one believes that, and that's for a reason. Same reason why I don't think we'll see another Galarian form appear, because absolutely nothing points towards it. A new Galarian form would be easy marketing, would have some unique move/ability that would've been datamined in the latest datamine, or even an unique evolutionary item, which hasn't been datamined either.
Third, Galarian Farfetch'd was actually deducible from Obstagoon's profile-text on the site, I happened to believe in a Galarian Farfetch'd, not because I could, but because I deduced it from that text. I've been wrong in the past on other matters*, but not that time.

*I hated Ultra Beasts so much, that I couldn't believe they were actual Pokémon at first. They luckily weren't 'transformed humans', as many speculated, seeing how their designs are similar to a few NPC's. So, that softened the blow a bit. I don't like them now, either, but I can tolerate them.

List of Pokemon unavailable for transfer from Home after DLCs

Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Paras
Parasect
Unown
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Stantler
Smeargle
Plusle
Minun
Gulpin
Swalot
Spinda
Zangoose
Castform
Kecleon
Tropius
Chimecho
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Luvdisc
Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra
Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape
Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon
Starly
Staravia
Staraptor
Bidoof
Bibarel
Kricketot
Kricketune
Cranidos
Rampardos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Pachirisu
Buizel
Floatzel
Glameow
Purugly
Chingling
Chatot
Carnivine
Finneon
Lumineon
Phione
Manaphy
Shaymin
Arceus
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Alomomola
Flabébé
Floette
Florges
Clawitzer
Clauncher

Pseudo-confirms what we suspected - Gen 4 remakes soon. Seems they currently have no idea how to re-implement Unown.

List of Pokemon unavailable for transfer from Home after DLCs

Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Paras
Parasect
Unown
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Stantler
Smeargle
Plusle
Minun
Gulpin
Swalot
Spinda
Zangoose
Castform
Kecleon
Tropius
Chimecho
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Luvdisc
Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra
Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape
Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon
Starly
Staravia
Staraptor
Bidoof
Bibarel
Kricketot
Kricketune
Cranidos
Rampardos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Pachirisu
Buizel
Floatzel
Glameow
Purugly
Chingling
Chatot
Carnivine
Finneon
Lumineon
Phione
Manaphy
Shaymin
Arceus
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Alomomola
Flabébé
Floette
Florges
Clawitzer
Clauncher

Pseudo-confirms what we suspected - Gen 4 remakes soon. Seems they currently have no idea how to re-implement Unown.

Where does this come from? Why Pidgey and Parasect the only lines from Gen 1 still not available, seem so basic.
Yeah guess Unown can't work now they removed Hidden Power, could be reintroduced in the Solaceon ruins though.

Galarian forms do get unique abilities and/or moves nowadays, though.

Not even just nowadays:

Surge Surfer Ability and the Stoked Sparksurfer Z-Move for Raichu
Tangling Hair Ability for Diglett line
Galvanize Ability for Geodude line
Power of Alchemy Ability for Grimer line (technically just a renamed Receiver, but still)
Dragon Hammer move for Exeggutor
Shadow Bone move for Marowak

Most regional forms have something unique about them. All of which to say, I largely agree with your point - I think that any other new Galarian forms would most likely have something distinctive about them that the datamine would have revealed.

Yeah guess Unown can't work now they removed Hidden Power

Crazy thought but maybe they could un-remove it

The way I see it, for Unown, if they don't want to make Hidden Power a thing again, they could always just give them an actual move set.
Secret Power and Nature Power come to mind the most, being that they're moves that conjure power, albeit based on the environment. Weather Ball as well, and maybe Terrain Pulse if it ends up being a move that changes its type (or perhaps has different effects) based on the set Terrain.
I'm hoping for Protect since that just seems like an Unown move. Same with Barrier and Light Screen.
They could also introduce a new signature move for Unown that could interact with their letter. Like, what if it's a move that becomes another move whose first letter is the same as the Unown's letter. When Unown A uses this move, it could become Attract, Aerial Ace, Air Slash, etc.; and if Unown H uses it, the move could become, Hex, Heat Wave, Hurricane, etc.

They could also introduce a new signature move for Unown that could interact with their letter. Like, what if it's a move that becomes another move whose first letter is the same as the Unown's letter. When Unown A uses this move, it could become Attract, Aerial Ace, Air Slash, etc.; and if Unown H uses it, the move could become, Hex, Heat Wave, Hurricane, etc.
What about the ? and ! Unown?

The way I see it, for Unown, if they don't want to make Hidden Power a thing again, they could always just give them an actual move set.
Secret Power and Nature Power come to mind the most, being that they're moves that conjure power, albeit based on the environment. Weather Ball as well, and maybe Terrain Pulse if it ends up being a move that changes its type (or perhaps has different effects) based on the set Terrain.
I'm hoping for Protect since that just seems like an Unown move. Same with Barrier and Light Screen.
Recently I've gotten the urge to use Unown so if they expanded its movepool that would be fantastic as having Hidden Power as its only move seems to make it frustrating to use, though implementing the removed moves would be even better.

What about the ? and ! Unown?
Give them A L L the moves!

Alternatively, Unown ? could get all the Special moves, and Unown ! could get all of the Physical moves.

though implementing the removed moves would be even better.
While I agree with you, I think Hidden Power can stay dead. While it gave some moves some needed coverage, it also gave other Pokemon too much coverage. I'd rather they just give actual forms of coverage to Pokemon that need it.

Where does this come from?
Alledgedly, it's within the code of Home. So data mining. I personally think it's true, it's the same method that they found the new attacks.

-----

For Unown, I wish they'd just give them all the Power moves. Dunno how well that'd translate. If they go by moves based on the letter, you run into problems like Unown F knowing Fire Punch in English, but in Japanese it can't since it's Romanji is Honō no Punch.

Less elegant solution, givem the access to all TMs. It's not like it'll make it much better. It's basically just Mew without the stats to back it up.

I think that we might have to wait until Gen 9 to get some of the Pokemon.
Nah. The missing Pokemon can easily be added in during the gen 4 remakes, or whichever games we're getting after the DLC ends.
If I recall correctly, there are some Pokemon present in DP that are still unaccounted for; and while we don't have the full roster of returning Pokemon between each update, there's always the chance we might not get them all.
So far, all of the remakes have included additional endgame content that allowed for Pokemon from generations that came out past their initial versions' releases to get representation. I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to include a way to have the remaining Pokemon present in them. Though, it would be a shame to have to wait until the second set of Gen 8 games to get a full Pokedex again.
There's also the likelihood of us just getting a third update that only adds them back in. Who knows at this point.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom