• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Yeah, Smogon may want to live in denial all they want, but GameFreak has been pushing their balancing around Battle Spot Singles and Doubles, with the latter being the official "e-sports" mode for tournament play.

The one thing I do have to say is, while I like that Max Moves are by in large weaker than Z-Moves damage-wise, I find them lacking a lot creatively. I would have loved it if they'd at least split Physical and Special Moves to have their effects and animations. Maybe even give Status moves different Max Moves based on type too. It'd be better than having all of them just turn into Mega Protect at least...

For me personally, I'm especially hyped at all the new and returning Pokemon. My favorite thing about Pokemon is just seeing new Pokemon with new moves and abilities and old Pokemon getting new moves and how it will translate competitively. I'm really excited to see all the havoc the Urishifu forms will bring to VGC as well as how the new and returning pokemon with the new move tutor moves will interact with the various Smogon metas.

I'm really excited to hear about the level scaling and intrigued. This is a cool concept for them to try out, and I wonder if this will lead to any changes in future generations.

Now I gotta decide whether or not I want to level up my HA Scorbunny and evolve it to have a higher level team, or if I want to start out with lower levels.

My two cents for the mega discussion: I really think they will come back at some point. Diamond/Pearl remakes would be the best time imo and that would possibly make those remakes my favourite pokemon games ever.

My main point why I don't think they're gone for good is that the home pokedex shows all mega forms in addition to the regular pokemon - and I mean ALL of them, not just the gen 1 megas, which would make sense because of let's go.

My two cents for the mega discussion: I really think they will come back at some point. Diamond/Pearl remakes would be the best time imo and that would possibly make those remakes my favourite pokemon games ever.

My main point why I don't think they're gone for good is that the home pokedex shows all mega forms in addition to the regular pokemon - and I mean ALL of them, not just the gen 1 megas, which would make sense because of let's go.
They're not retconned out of existence, but that doesn't mean we'll see them anytime soon.

Thing is anything can easily be retconned in or out of each game because of the multiverse set up established by OR/AS and continued with the Alola games.

I’m pretty excited for the expansion now, I’ve been enjoying raids a lot this past week or so, so getting more variety from raids and more variety in the Pokémon bought to Raids is going to be great.

View: https://youtu.be/WEVctuQTeaI

What is it ? I couldn't figure it out.

Edit : "The Pokémon Company International have announced that at 13:00 UTC / 14:00 BST / 09:00 EDT / 06:00 PDT, a special presentation focused on the Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansion Pass will be held. This will last for 11 minutes"
thanks to serebii.net we know now.

Edit 2 : Updated the link.

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/EVpPEVpPrBzks60

What is it ? I couldn't figure it out.

Edit : "The Pokémon Company International have announced that at 13:00 UTC / 14:00 BST / 09:00 EDT / 06:00 PDT, a special presentation focused on the Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansion Pass will be held. This will last for 11 minutes"
thanks to serebii.net we know now.
The YouTube link you posted doesn't seem to be linking properly? Also what is the video about?

The Expansion Pass, of course.
fc83585574d0d78beaf29dc6f3ee825f.gif

I think that we're going to learn more about the Crown Tundra here, and there will not be as much information about the Isle of Armor.
Neh, why? Far too soon for the Crown Tundra. It's probably an overview just before launch.

We did get some info about CT last time.
Yeah, but why would they post even more about it, just before launch of the first part and months before its own launch.

That's absurd.

The latest trailer was an Expansion Pass trailer in general, also showing the Isle of Armor.

Well, this one apparently is too.
You specifically named more info on the Crown Tundra. They will probably mention it or recycle some info about it, but you made it sound like you expect it to be the focal point of the presentation, which I highly doubt.

You specifically named more info on the Crown Tundra. They will probably mention it or recycle some info about it, but you made it sound like you expect it to be the focal point of the presentation, which I highly doubt.
You think that they would spend 11 minutes just recapping information we already know?

You think that they would spend 11 minutes just recapping information we already know?
They also mentioned products in general, so probably more than just the expansion pass.

So, yeah, bulk of the pass-talk will probably be about the Isle of Armor. Crown Tundra will probably be months away, no need to hurry.

They also mentioned products in general, so probably more than just the expansion pass.

So, yeah, bulk of the pass-talk will probably be about the Isle of Armor. Crown Tundra will probably be months away, no need to hurry.
Serebii claims that the EP will be all they're talking about.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom