• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

In next generation, Kubfu could evolve into Urshifu using evolution stones.
They could also have a traveling Kunfu Master NPC that'll teach Cubfu either of the different schools that'll trigger it's evolution.
Additionally, they could make Cubfu a Legendary Eevee and let it learn different Kung Fu styles. Imagining a Fire-Style Urshifu that learns a Fire-types signature move that hits at range or a Rock-Style that teaches a moves that can hit up to two opposing Pokemon.

Can the Kubfu evolve later? What exactly is the evolution requirement for it? And is there any story associated with it? The reason why it was given to the player or anything else?

The story explains why you were given the Kubfu, yeah. That's pretty much the story of the DLC.

I think you can evolve it later if you want to, because you can still enter the Tower that you chose even after you've defeated it. There would be no reason to other than to have Kubfu look at the scroll that makes it evolve.

Has anyone seen Scizor in Sword? I've looked around where I found a Scyther but no luck so far.

I found a Scizor in the Training Lowlands while there was a sandstorm, so it may be weather-based.

I mostly finished it yesterday, though there is some minor stuff to do still I think. The story is a bit on the short side, but I thought it was over at one point and it actually wasn't, so I guess it wasn't too bad. About what I expected.

I guess some minor personal thoughts since others are doing it:
-Definitely more variety and more fun to explore than the Wild Area. I love the WA and thought it was really fun for GF's first attempt at it, but this is WAY better. So many different landscapes and while I THINK it's technically smaller than the WA, it feels bigger. That said, I've never loved and hated a forest so much. I got lost in the Forest of Focus during the story for... a while.
-I love and hate and fear Sharpedo all at the same time.
-GF saying nothing and just dropping following Pokemon was pretty awesome. Genuinely did not see that coming and it seems the internet didn't either. Kind of a shame you can't do it on the mainland, but I take what I can get. I can kinda see why they may have held off on it because even with more time to refine it, I can see some issues.
-While I didn't care that much about the Dex cut, I was genuinely excited to see some of my old favorites wondering the island, as well as some mons that I wanted to try for the first time.
-Seeing Hop show up and actually doing some professor-y stuff was really nice.
-Level scaling definitely could have been better, but I guess it wasn't as bad as I originally expected it to be. Mustard's final battle goes into the mid 70s, which isn't bad. I was using a team of mid 80s. I do hope they improve level scaling one day and base it off your party instead of gym badges, at least for these DLCs.
-The tower was definitely a bit anticlimatic. I guess when you're only going in with one mon, it makes sense that they wouldn't make it too difficult, but some of those battles were straight one-shots and it was too short. Mustard's battle was fun though, was a bit worried there for a sec.
-Max Mushrooms are a pain to find. I spent a good hour or so doing raids and trying to find 3 of them.
-New outfits were nice. I love a lot of the new dresses. I don't see that many new hairstyles, but oh well.
-Avery made me laugh a few times. He (and Klara from what I've seen) started off as complete nutjobs at first in a way other jerk rivals don't... I mean, I don't think any other rivals have resorted to lying and cheating before. I wish they'd gotten a bit more development though. Once you beat him, Avery is all like "oh sorry for cheating I'll be good now" and kinda stops being relevant for the rest of the story. The change of heart was a little too sudden for me.
-I haven't decided what to make of reverse sparring yet. It definitely adds a challenge for me, but I sucked at these battle tower-like battles to begin with.

Overall I really enjoyed it, seems worth $15 to me. Even more excited for the Crown Tundra now, considering that's where all my expectations were to begin with.

Info for clothing collectors: In addition to the cute Slowpoke sweater you receive for showing a Galarian Slowpoke to the Galarica Cuff NPC, you can also show her a Galarian Slowbro to receive a Slowbro sweater. Also, after finishing the story of the DLC, you can talk to one of the Dojo students to receive a Klara- or Avery-themed shirt (depending on your game).

I'm imagining Charizard (though probably either a Charmander or a Charmeleon at the time) taking him by the hand and guiding him through step by step.

Here's a funny note: According to one of the Dojo students, when Leon got lost on the way to one of the towers, he actually ended up in Postwick. o_O

Info for clothing collectors: In addition to the cute Slowpoke sweater you receive for showing a Galarian Slowpoke to the Galarica Cuff NPC, you can also show her a Galarian Slowbro to receive a Slowbro sweater. Also, after finishing the story of the DLC, you can talk to one of the Dojo students to receive a Klara- or Avery-themed shirt (depending on your game).

Here's a funny note: According to one of the Dojo students, when Leon got lost on the way to one of the towers, he actually ended up in Postwick. o_O
Leon is the biggest meme. His behaviour is not even plausible anymore.

If anyone wants Alakazam without trading:
you can find them on a somewhat larger island in the Loop Lagoon, south and west (I think, hard to say without an in game compass but judging from the map) of the entrance to Courageous Cavern.

Has anyone seen Scizor in Sword? I've looked around where I found a Scyther but no luck so far.

Also Honey is the biggest ripoff artist. She says we can get vitamins for 100,000 watts then only puts two types in the machine.

You have to keep giving her watts. She'll upgrade the vending machine to have all 6 vitamin drinks available.

Preliminary thoughts:
*The isle itself is excellent; massive with plenty to find by exploring.
*Klara really is Blue's successor. Not only is she a jerk, but she has level 60+ Pokémon with moves like Confusion.
*It really feels so far like it was meant to be done early in the game, which is a bit odd for something released half a year later.

I have Shield, so I have Avery. He is also a jerk with a high opinion of himself, lol.

How though? Did he swim the ocean, because you cannot get there otherwise.

Some early thoughts --

I totally blew off going to the dojo and went and biked around the perimeter of the island. I went both ways around until I ran into the barrier on both sides. I caught a bunch of water pokes. As a #Hoenn4Life fan, I love that I can get out in the ocean again. 7.8 just the right amount of water!!

Then I got back on land and traipsed around and caught a whole bunch of land pokes. I bet I spent a good 2 hours doing that before I finally went to the dojo.

I'm just taking my time with this. I finished the main part of the story with the rival and now I'm still in the process of leveling up Kubfu so I can hit up the Water Tower.

So far my favorite area is the Forest of Focus. My gosh, it is so beautiful. I love it. (Although, there is one stupid Diglett left that, for the life of me, I just can't find, grrrr)

I might be in the minority here, but I really don't care about Hyde's Cram-o-bird. After his initial "give me 100 watts for a recipe" spiel, I talked to him multiple times to see if he'd say something different; but he just keeps asking me to fork over watts for a recipe. When I tell him "no", he says I wouldn't understand anyway. No, Hyde, it is you who does not understand. I may never use the Lagging Tail in my bag ever, but I'm sure as heck not giving it up and losing it forever to your stupid robo-bird, lol.

I thought the bike upgrade would extend the burst of speed for a longer period of time. Nope. Just changes the color and gives you particle effects. I mean, it's okay. I don't hate it. But, still.....

Two additional Pokemon were found in the code between Regidraco and Calyrex named Hakuba and Kokuba. There is also 2 additional slots after Calyrex for mythical Pokemon.

These two Pokemon seem to combine with Calyrex.

Haku and Koku are ways of saying Black and White.

Last edited:
You get one of them from Mokuba after you give him red-eyes black dragon or blue-eyes white dragon, not version exclusive.
this is based.
Two additional Pokemon were found in the code between Regidraco and Calyrex named Hakuba and Kokuba. There is also 2 additional slots after Calyrex for mythical Pokemon.

BLACK AND WHITE REMAKES WHEN???!!!

That means we are indeed getting 2 more Mythicals, likely confirming that this is indeed a three year gen like 5, 6, and 7.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom