• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

*Tag* You're it V2 (Begone Foul Spirit! Plague this thread no longer!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *Tag* You're it V2

(didn't know this topic existed!! looks fun)

Kind of hard to just pick just one favorite - if I had to pick one it would be "Festering in the Crypt" by Cannibal Corpse.
Not sure what exactly attracts me to the song - lyrics, guttural vocals, fast bassist/guitarist, lightning-fast drumming! then again it could be that I'm just a fan of the band. I listen to that song a lot, at least 4 times a day.

@Ninetales Prower; aside from Ninetales and Kirby, any other favorite Video Game character

@Ninetales Prower; aside from Ninetales and Kirby, any other favorite Video Game character

Firstly, Ninetales isn't a character, it is a species. Though if we're talking Pokémon there are a LOT to choose from there, such as Gardevoir, Reshiram/Zekrom, Reuniclus, Zoroark, Sylveon, Volcarona, Hydreigon, the Snivy line, Chandelure, Mega Mawile... You get the idea.

Secondly... *Several hours of thinking later...* Amaterasu (Okami) because I like Okami, every main character from Xemoblade Chronicles, Nowi (Fire Emblem: Awakening) (though there were a ton of options there), Sonic, Spyro, every main character from Kid Icarus: Uprising (though special mention goes to Hades) and many others that I can't be bothered thinking of right now.

@Poke Fox;, what are your favourite non-Pokémon video games/francises?

Last edited:

@Poke Fox;, what are your favourite non-Pokémon video games/francises?
Took me a while of thinking - had to go back to my old memories - Pokemon is mostly what I love.
I would consider Mario as my other favorite franchise, it's what I grew up with, playing alongside my grandma (every day after school, we would play Super Mario World or Super Mario 3).

@waterlubber; aside from dragons, what are some other animals you like?

Fish. I like dogs, too.

Unfortunately I'm allergic to most hairy animals so that explains that. For me. at least.

I had a hamster for a few years but it died. Ah well, lived pretty long for a hamster.

@Kakuna Matata
What Operating System do you use?

@Gaga; What is your least favorite Borderlands class?
I'll do one per game
BL1: Brick. Classes overall are less distinct here but he's not a very practical melee character compared to later ones. He's a memetic badass tho!
BL2: Axton just because he's fairly bland, gameplay wise, compared to the others. Such is the fate of a jack. He's funny and attractive at least :>
TPS: Wilhelm for the same reason as above, though his drones are interesting. His one liners aren't too funny either.

@Karisse; Who are your 3 favorite Borderlands characters, including NPCs?
Maya, Gaige, and...?

Who are your 3 favorite Borderlands characters, including NPCs?
Maya, Gaige, and...?
Maya, Gaige, and probably Claptrap. I can't really think of any NPCs that stood out to me, though keep in mind my knowledge of the other games is very minimal at this point ^^;

@Enzap; Have you tried the new Mario Kart DLC yet? If so, what do you think of it? If not, are you excited for it?

@Enzap; Have you tried the new Mario Kart DLC yet? If so, what do you think of it? If not, are you excited for it?

Well I'm still at school, so now. XP But I think my brother did get it so I'll try it when I get home.

@Rainbow Cloud; What's your favorite Pokemon Spinoff game and why?

@Rainbow Cloud; What's your favorite Pokemon Spinoff game and why?

My favourite pokemon spinoff game is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, mainly because I really like the story, both the main one and the special episodes, Grovyle the Thief is also one of my favourite pokemon game characters :)

@Maniacal Engineer; Who's your favourite Sonic character and what's your favourite Sonic game?

My favorite Sonic game is Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I'm pretty old school.
As for my favorite Sonic character...I am not as familiar with a lot of the 'newer' characters, so my opinion isn't very well informed. I've gotta say that my favorite character is Sonic himself though. Whatever the other hedgehogs have done, it all started with Sonic.

@Poke Fox;
What do metal music and foxes have in common?

Well, "Foxes Rock N' Roll", and both are what I enjoy in real life. Both are Awesome, both Rock. Both aren't Noise Pollution
@ChillinMcMillan; (hopefully you don't mind being mentioned) - would you join up with Joey if you get a chance to meet him
(Joey with his Rattata)

Because you said so yourself.

[mention]Rainbow Cloud, invent a question for me because I'm too lazy to ask.[/mention]

Re: *Tag* You're Stephen King's It V2

@Kakuna Matata; What value did you see in reviving this long-forgotten thread? :3
Initially I was going to say it was because I enjoyed reading the answers to the questions posed here, which is the truth.

...But it's not the entire truth.

After 3 years of keeping this behind closed doors it's time to reveal the dark, sordid legacy behind this thread*. (Spoilered for a quote pyramid and for those who wish to remain blissfully unaware of these horrors, although I wouldn't recommend it for your safety.)

Way back in August 2011 the first version of the game was started. It was a nice way to get to know your fellow forum-goers by asking them questions, much like it still is if you get past the whole curse upon it deal. Everything was going pretty well since it was the Good Ol' Days™.

I don't know if it was that occult ritual we performed one fateful night, or if someone left out table scraps (after we specifically told everyone to clean up after themselves lest we attract pests. This is why food isn't allowed in this version of the thread, because the old timers ruined it for everyone), but whatever it was that triggered it, we were stuck with It. (It has a name, but we'd rather incur the legal wrath of Stephen King than the hell that would be unleashed by using Its suspected true name.)

So anyways things proceed as usual. After a few months of activity the original thread is buried in F&G and dies. We don't see some faces around as much as we used to. We chalked it up to the usual reasons people stopped posting around here; unreliable internet connection, lack of interest, busy offline lives, etc. Those who were there to perform the ritual never spoke of it again, mostly out of embarrassment over the outfits we wore and that we ever thought we'd be successful at it.

Around April 2012 I started receiving these PMs (with usernames removed to protect their identities)

Me said:
REDACTED A said:
Another foR Mother
...?

Me said:
REDACTED B said:
Another foR Mother
what?

Me said:
REDACTED C said:
Another foR Mother
Did you and [REDACTED A] and all get together and decide to play a joke on me?

Me said:
REDACTED D said:
Another foR Mother
Okay is this a reference to a new series or something because this is the fourth PM I've gotten like this.

Around this time I asked my fellow F&G staff members if they knew anything about this. It turns out they'd all gotten these PMs too, with each addressed to them alone without any other uses in the recipients box. None of us knew what the significance of these words were at the time.

Me said:
REDACTED E said:
Me said:
REDACTED E said:
Me said:
REDACTED E said:
KM, can I talk to you about something?
Shoot.
I haven't heard from [REDACTED A] for a few weeks now and I'm starting to worry. Have you heard from him at all or seen him around?
Sorry, I haven't heard from him recently either. The last time I heard from him he sent me a really weird PM. Do you know what "Another foR Mother" means by any chance?
I don't, sorry.
Ah okay, thanks anyways. I'll let you know if I hear from him.

REDACTED E said:
km I just got a message saying "You'Re Next" in the same color and font as the message you showed me from [REDACTED D] do you know what this means?
REDACTED E said:
Another foR Mother

I wish I had been on that day, but due to school and work I wasn't able to log on until later that night.

This was when I got really worried. I checked with the rest of the F&G staff and they had all received that second message from [REDACTED E] as well. We proceeded to look at the last time [REDACTED D] logged in. It was roughly an hour before [REDACTED E] PMed me saying they received a message from [D]. We went back and checked all the other users who had sent us these messages. They had each logged on a few days after sending those PMs, with the last activity of each staggered between them. The last time [A] logged on was a few days before last logged on, etc.

You may be wondering why we didn't put out an announcement at this point. While we knew something was up, we didn't know if that something was actually cause for worry or an extremely elaborate prank. After all, these people just hadn't logged on BMGf, they could be well and dandy offline and on other sites, laughing it up how they managed to spoop the F&G staff.

Now I knew where [REDACTED C] lived. We'd chatted and it had come up in conversation, with [C] recommending if I ever had the opportunity to try the local color of [C]'s hometown. Not expecting to find anything, I did a search on missing persons and the recently deceased in that town.

That search brought back a number of articles about a young woman found dead, missing an arm. The body was found the morning after we had received [C]'s PM.

It was a similar case with [D]. (Minnie knew the general area where [D] lived and did a similar search.)

The really weird thing about it was that [C] and [D] lived on opposite sides of the world. [A], , and [E] didn't live close to either of them, or at least we don't think they did. (We did a search for bodies found with missing limbs in with the past couple of months around the world. While we're not 100% sure the hits we got were them, the dates the bodies were found were very close to the dates on the PMs. All of these bodies were missing their left arm.)

Over the next few months we quadruple checked the fine print on that ritual we performed and poured over countless ancient tomes and geocities websites looking for a way to reverse its effects, all the while receiving more messages from whatever it was that was claiming the lives of tag thread participants. (During this time period we actually asked @Gaga for help, but he replied that getting involved in silly human affairs was beneath an A.I. such as himself, the artificial jerk. :1) Finally, we stumbled upon a dead site that seemed to have details on the very same entity that had been plaguing us. After hours of digging through this site (mostly due to the horrible layout that took forever to navigate through), we still had no idea how to get rid of this demon. We did, however, find out ways to placate it until we could.

Long story short, this entity is now bound to this series of threads. Posting in here gives It both energy and comfort. When the other thread became inactive, It got angry, to say the least. Its Mother more so. To make it up to Its Mother, It went after those who had once visited the thread but had since forsaken it. To this day we still aren't sure how It chooses Its victims from the thread, as the only criteria to become a potential victim is to post in the thread, if only just once.

So we started a new thread for It in September 2012, varnished with new furniture and free of any leftover table scraps (because we don't need any other pests on top of the demonic entity in here), under the guise of Minnie "liking" the previous one. The messages ceased, at least for awhile. After a few months with no new posts it started up again. We chided ourselves for not better maintaining the thread and quickly went to revive it. (It's shameful to admit, but that's what prompted this revival as well. It varies on how long before It strikes; this time we were blessed for nearly a whole four months without any causalities.) And thus forum life continued in this fashion.

I'm sure you've seen posts by other staff members about the work entailed in joining the BMGf staff. What isn't mentioned about the F&G section is this little detail. ( @Enzap and @ScarletSky were really good sports about it when we brought them on. It takes a special sort of person to knowingly appease an eldritch abomination like this.) A number of staff have come and gone since then, partially due to the burden one takes on as a mod of this small but active corner of the forums.

I apologize to everyone for keeping this under wraps for so long, especially those of you who joined after 2011 and had no involvement in the ritual whatsoever. I also apologize to all the souls we weren't able to save in time. (You will be honored in the movie adaption; pitching it to Lionsgate, fingers crossed.) I'll never be able to atone for what I've done completely, but I hope to at least pay back a fraction of this debt I owe in the remainder of my time as staff.
[span="font-size: 5pt;"]*said dark, sordid legacy may or may not actually be true.
don't spam people with these messages.[/span]​

@Lysson what makes your tumblr "The Most Mythical of Serenades?"

Since being staff'd I've taken quite a liking to It. We have so much in common. We both like the forums and arms.

@Leggo; Do you like pancakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom