• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Talk about overkill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this is going to far. If only we'd be allowed to do things that would really stop pedofiles, this wouldnt even be a remote possibility.

I always love the fun acronyms with these bills. SAFETY. Because how can ANYONE vote against SAFETY? It's safe. Do you hate children? Do you want them to be raped? If not, vote for SAFETY.

Honestly, I don't see this getting through. People put up a fuss over security cameras in public places. This is like legalizing wire-tapping. Only more invasive.

I am against Bills of Universal Technological Tyranny Requiring Acronyms to be Perceived as Ethical.

I like my acronym better.

I don't think there's anything preventing companies from storing internet history indefinitely (besides space to hold it), but this shouldn't be mandated. It'd just be a waste of resources to archive every single thing done on the internet ever, especially since trying to find anything in it would be highly time consuming.

Well, you know how we gotta stop these ter'rists.

So, how long until they define thoughtcrime?

They defined that last year when they threw a woman out of the state of the union because of her T-shirt claiming she was thinking of disrupting the proceedings.

Pie's post wins this thread btw.

Why would they need to pass a bill for something like this? They've already been doing it for YEARS.

*tinfoil hat*

fuking nanny state spy assholes

Why is it that we have to keep giving up our civil liberties and privacy unconstitutionally in the name of "security", "safety", and "global competition"? Exactly a goal of the New World Order!

If any of our founding fathers were alive today, these assholes behind this bullshit proposal and just about all other big-government pro-globalization, anti-civil liberties horsetrash would all be hanged on gallows.

Why is it that we have to keep giving up our civil liberties and privacy unconstitutionally in the name of "security", "safety", and "global competition"? Exactly a goal of the New World Order!

If any of our founding fathers were alive today, these assholes behind this bullshit proposal and just about all other big-government pro-globalization, anti-civil liberties horsetrash would all be hanged on gallows.

The hell does this have to do with global competition? Are we spying on the Colonel? Has Germany learned of the eleven herbs and spices?

And our founders were the first ones to enact sedition acts. This is fairly close. Either way, it's about ensuring we know who's plotting against us.

They defined that last year when they threw a woman out of the state of the union because of her T-shirt claiming she was thinking of disrupting the proceedings.

I remember an article in the newspaper written by two people. They were suspected of terrorism because they were laughing in the first class section of an aeroplane.

Thank Arseus I don't live in America. :p

I just laughed at how hard they tried on naming the bill so it had a punchy acronym.

Anyway, it's hard to worry about this bill. Because they would realistically have to get (for example) the european union to accept that America can get details to basically any european who goes on the web (including the russians). I'm not sure to what extent this happens anyway (a lot i suppose) but it could only get more invasive, including to anyone buying or selling overseas etc. It's just over the top, and wouldn't go down well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom