• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tattoos (and other body art)

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on tattoos and other forms of body art? Are they a perfect medium to express yourself, or are they a waste of money? If you have one or many, what do they mean to you?

Feel free to post pictures as well, either of your own or of others', but keep them tasteful.

~*~*~

I've considered getting one or two small tattoos on my back, but could never come to a decision on what to get exactly. (Plus there are other things I'd rather spend my money on.)

I'd actually quite like to have a tattoo, but not something too big or fancy. My sister has quite a nice one, "cariad" on her wrist, which means "love" in Welsh. I'd maybe like something like a small dragon on my shoulder or something, or maybe just a word written somewhere. I think it's a good way to showcase your inner self, but I'm not fond of thousands of tattoos covering the skin.

Eh, I've never personally wanted one. But they do look good on some people. But I don't like it when you can't see the person's skin anymore. @_@

I've would like to have one plastered all over my left arm where my watch is. Me being a wuss I could never take that amount of pain.
My cousin has a harry potter tattoo, the whole scene where Dumbledore dies, it's pretty awesome.

My cousin has a harry potter tattoo, the whole scene where Dumbledore dies, it's pretty awesome.

Oh my GOSH. I bet that is glorious. You cousin is the best cousin in the history of cousins, dude!

I don't have a tattoo but wouldn't mind one. I'm so indecisive, though, that I fear that whatever I choose, I'll stop loving it (the subject of the tattoo) like a week later. At first, I desperately wanted the Death Eater's tattoo from Harry Potter before my boyfriend at the time informed me that he would dump me if I got such a thing. Realtionship pressure plz. So then I thought "Why not a golden snitch?" But then, as would happen, I fell out of the Potterhead stage.

Honestly - and completely not saying this because this is a Pokemon website - the only thing or subject that I could see enjoying for the rest of my life is Pokemon. I've thought of a Pokeball - something simple. But then I feel like I would want a Team Rocket twist on it, possibly something with Rocketshipping, and just fall flat on what I would want because I wouldn't want it to be too big or too elaborate.

So, meh. If I never get one, I'll be fine. If I do, really see it being with Pokemon with all the wonderful memories and experiences. Overall, I find them neat and expressive but definitely something that I would probably rather look at than get myself.

quite a few of my friends have tattoos, and i used to like them a lot when i was like fourteen/fifteen i wanted a full sleeve of something, but i wasn't sure of what.

now i'm not too sure. if i were to get one now i'd probably get something on my chest that covers the large amount of skin pigmentation that i've lost over the years, but i just don't like the idea. i've come up with a few decent/good/original ideas for tattoos in the past few or so, but nothing that after scrutiny, i'd want to keep for the rest of my life, however long that may be - if i can't like a design for over a week, there's no chance that i'd like it enough for it to stay with me for however long i'll end up living. i'm extremely capricious and a coward when it comes to pain, so i don't think that i could/would get one. not to mention i don't like a lot of them. obviously people can do what they want with their bodies, though, and i respect people who choose to get tattoos. a few of them turn out to be pretty awesome.

I wouldn't get one, only because I have the lowest pain tolerance in the universe.

But I've thought about what it would be if I got one. There was a girl who lived on my floor in college my sophomore year, who was a violist (I went to a music conservatory) and she had an alto clef tattoo on her ankle, and as a cellist and a bassist I always thought if I got a tattoo it would be a bass clef.

I like them. As long as they are subtle and not too striking. I would aspire to get one someday, if I ever see one that I knew i'd love the sight of forever. I've yet to find anything I wouldn't regret.

Here's an interesting tattoo design I found the other day while searching Tumblr. It's a semicolon on the wrist; to symbolise how a sentence could've ended, but didn't. I think it's a really meaningful and clever design and I wouldn't be adverse to having it one day.

tumblr_mgmguqO6MA1rmvp4yo1_500.jpg

I would regret having a tattoo eventually, no matter what. I have seen people with cool ones, but they're not for me.

I'd like to get a butterfly tattoo on my ankle or my shoulder - just something small, simple, and pretty.

I have 13. The only ones I regret (although, I don't at the same time) are my feet. Purely because they blurred and you can no longer read them. The artist totally misinformed me.

Fortunately, the rest I love. I'm planning on getting a half sleeve on my left arm, I already have a butterfree up there (on the inside,just before my armpit, yum). I'm just figuring out what I want added to it. It's going to be a long process of deciding and designing!

I found another interesting tattoo design the other day. While I'm quite fond of heart tattoos, they're now apparently seen as "tacky" by society (which annoys me, I think they're lovely!), but there's a certain design I just adore. It's meant to be a heartbeat seen as a frequency. Along with the other design I posted awhile back, this is definitely a design I'd consider getting done when I'm older.

tumblr_ll4tx0HmPY1qct4np.jpg

I have one of Lionheart Blade (left forearm), which is a weapon, from World of Warcraft. I have another of Dewgong (right breast), which is my favorite pokémon. Finally, I have one of the Skullflame Shield (right, upper arm), which is another item, from World of Warcraft. I plan on getting more, but I'm unsure of what I want. I love tattoos, because it's a way to express yourself, and show everyone who you are / what you love.

My friend got a Green Day tattoo today on her wrist. It did look good and for a moment I really wanted to take her up on the offer to drive me to the place and get a tattoo done myself, then she started telling me about the pain and I decided against it.

I have no tatoos, and I prefer to stay that way. I still can't accept something that can be never undone in my body.
Yet, I have no problem with others having them, even though I prefer smaller ones at the arms like those large at the back.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom