• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Flare Discussion/Speculation

From the website on Malamar:
There is never a shortage of humans attempting to use Malamar to achieve their own nefarious purposes.

I think we found a main of Team Flare.

From the website on Malamar:
There is never a shortage of humans attempting to use Malamar to achieve their own nefarious purposes.

I think we found a main of Team Flare.

Would fit the Dark-type...

I know the money thing at least doesn't seem to use the legendaries again, but... c'mon guys, surely you can have a new motivation instead of TR again...

I get that Team Flare sounds similar to Team Rocket with the goal lacking a Legendary Pokemon and wanting money. But they aren't that similar. Remember, Team Rocket's motto is:

"Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit. All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket."

Their ultimate goal is to take over the world using Pokémon.
- Bulbapedia

Team Flare may not necessarily be all about that, particularly that "taking over the world" part. It may just be about making money.

I hope they are hard core villains and are a tough challenge
I also love fire types and hope they use them a lot unlike magma

I get that Team Flare sounds similar to Team Rocket with the goal lacking a Legendary Pokemon and wanting money. But they aren't that similar. Remember, Team Rocket's motto is:

"Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit. All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket."

Their ultimate goal is to take over the world using Pokémon.
- Bulbapedia

Team Flare may not necessarily be all about that, particularly that "taking over the world" part. It may just be about making money.

Maybe (hopefully) they aren't actually about money at all, their blurb seems a bit dubious.

“We devote our lives to the world of fashion
Protecting all that’s chic, that is our passion
We denounce the evil of spots and plaid
And socks with sandals—that’s just bad
Sassy!
Classy!

Team Flair, we’re spunky and pert!
Join the fabulous, or prepare to hurt!
But seriously gurl—those shoes with that shirt?”

Sassy!
Classy!

This. Just. Gold. Ermahgerd.

So has Team Flare not gotten the memo that fossil restoration technology has been around for a long time now? Also, way to take one out of Team Rocket's books.

Terrible, terrible outfits. Also I really hope they don't require their members to dye their hair orange because that's a terrible recruitment policy. You also have to wonder if such bright orange coloured costumes would be the best choice of wear for a villainous team. It makes them rather easy to spot.

Sassy!
Classy!

So, we'll finally have a character more flamboyant than James? Awesome!

Terrible, terrible outfits. Also I really hope they don't require their members to dye their hair orange because that's a terrible recruitment policy. You also have to wonder if such bright orange coloured costumes would be the best choice of wear for a villainous team. It makes them rather easy to spot.

You could say the same thing for any evil team, really, all of the grunts seem to be required to have the same generic look, right down to hair color and style.

But yeah, those uniforms are just awful.

It is red the pokemon website has said it's red

Well, I was wrong. It is Flare after all. I still think they look awesome, only outfits in the same league with them are Magma's hoodies.
Sassy!
Classy!

I feel like there was a Rocket intro once that had to do with fashion.

Wow, triple post. Way to win, internet.

Last edited:

It is red the pokemon website has said it's red

The japanese word for orange is Orenji which comes from orange. Orange is a shade of red in there eyes at least that's what I'm told there is no Orange in the dex after all.

Unless you factor in Jessie and James in Yellow, Team Rocket was never after any fossils. But you have to remember that Yellow was never game canon, it was just a game based on anime canon plus a few prototype mechanics thrown in. It's quite possible that since they're going back to the roots of pokemon they might finally incorporate the leftover Yellow stuff into the games.

Maybe Team Flare will take after Yellow!TR in the sense that they want fossils. Maybe they'll expand on that and have them steal fossils, revive the pokemon, and sell the resurrected pokemon for trillions of pokedollars. It's clear that Flare, outside of the Legendary-less scheme, is no Rocket.

Team Flare, instead of Team Flair. Sounds like it's trying to be a Double Entendre. I suppose it was intentional, what with them having orange hairstyles (flair) mimicking fire (flare).

I wonder... could there be a counterpart team... called "Team Cool"? Fits the same bill.

I'm having a vague thought that they'll want to cut down or slash and burn whatever Fairy forest Xerneas lives in for timber to sell or pokemon or land or valuable ores. Something like that will put them in direct contention with one of the legendaries, but in a way that the legendary isn't really their goal, money is.

I'm having a vague thought that they'll want to cut down or slash and burn whatever Fairy forest Xerneas lives in for timber to sell or pokemon or land or valuable ores. Something like that will put them in direct contention with one of the legendaries, but in a way that the legendary isn't really their goal, money is.

It's like N*zi Germany or Imperial Japanese Army of World War II. They might destroy the whole Kalos using superweapons (or extremely-powerful Pokémon).

I love the team Flare appereance in the trailer. They look really good and their design is quite well done.

Hopefully they will be strong and have a different story than the others not solo Legendary purpose!

I feel like we might be getting a second team to counter or compliment Team Flare like Teams Aqua and Magma in Gen 3.

I'm really not sure what they could be going after, but considering the legendaries of this game standing for life and destruction, it might have to do with destroying the world and bringing in another one. But that sounds a little too similar to Team Galactic.

The only thing I hope for is that they have some kind of purpose instead of just going after power or money. After Team Plasma, I think that it would be disappointing to have a Rocket-esque Crime Syndicate.

Back
Top Bottom