• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Plasma

Re: The villian team.

No, it still looks like it goes down.

I loved HeartGold so much that i started over just to experience it again! While doing this, i had a thought. While beating that foreign Team Rocket member in cerulean city, he says he will go back to his homeland and restart team rocket. I dont remember his exact quote, but he says it. Trust me. And if he is is from a distant land, one far enough away that he would have an accent and speak a broken english(or whatever language you have) and the isshu region (generation v) is supposed to be far away from the other regions, then maybe this means that Black and White are gonna bring back Team Rocket as their evil team! It would simply be a second attempt to revive Team Rocket, but in the isshu region! Anybody think this might be a logical hypothesis?!

Even if it is logical, I don't like it because team rocket is overused. Having the same evil team in 3 generations out of 5 is ridiculous

I'm going to ignore everything except the first part because you shouldn't make incorrect assumptions about people. I've been playing the games since I was 3 and my first games were green, red, and blue. And you're also very wrong for saying pokemon will fail if it doesn't go back to it's original design.

Pokemon aren't looking more like digimon, they're getting more detailed. If you think the games should go back to the way they were and that the new pokemon are too digimon-ish or whatever, then steer clear of the new games and go find your Blue version. Don't argue with me.

As cool as "Plasma" sounds. I'm going with the "leak" being BS and the "female professor" and "3 on 3 battles" being coincidences.

1.Both ideas have been thought up before and weren't terribly specific (there was a large thread on GameFAQs before the reveal wanting a female professor)
2.It's from an open anon forum with no proof of legitimacy.
3. The leaks were specifically supposed to be in the next corocoro and BS.

I don't think the leak is BS exactly, but I do think that the things that have happened so far are coincidences.

I'm going to ignore everything except the first part because you shouldn't make incorrect assumptions about people. I've been playing the games since I was 3 and my first games were green, red, and blue.

I appologize for my assumption. It's rare to find an old-school pokefan that doesnt want Team Rocket to return so we don't have to deal with all these legendary-based teams. there is really no reason to come up with another team if they're gonna be the same thing as team rocket, even if they are just a little more violent. it would be cool if they threatened to blow up a tower with a bunch of electrodes about to use explosion or something.

Pokemon aren't looking more like digimon, they're getting more detailed. If you think the games should go back to the way they were and that the new pokemon are too digimon-ish or whatever, then steer clear of the new games and go find your Blue version. Don't argue with me.

And i have no problem with detail. in fact i embrace more detailed pokemon, but infernape has battle armor, and torterra's spikes sticking out of its head were tacky. lucario doesn't need spikes comming out of his hands. rampardos's spikes and humped back could have been altered to look much nicer. also staraptor has an emover, what's up with that? spiritomb looks like a 6 year old drew him, though i must admit that how it's stuck to a keystone makes it awesome. i will end my list here because once again, this is not the forum to have a long discussion on this. and i apologize once again if you consider this "arguing", but i would like to make my point.:)

I'm fine with TR returning, but only because I liked the execs so much. However, I doubt they will return, and in fact I'd much rather prefer a different group altogether.

I hope the villain team isn't called plasma like everybody has been assuming. I don't really like the sound of it. I'm hoping for 2 teams again though...

I dunno, 2ch really does seem to be a liable source when it comes to these things...as absurd as that may sound...

Not really. 2ch was wrong about several things. I'm not relying on 2ch for any info.

I guess... I just find the thought of random game developers or anime script writers to be hiding as Japanese anon to be kinda hopeful.

Mr. Redeyes doesn't actually have long hair.. That's part of his outfit. His hair goes up, not down. If you get a better image of him it's pretty clear.
http://www.filb.de/kaihou/content/20100627_sunday_bw_klein.jpg

No, it still looks like it goes down.

Looking at the picture more closely, and I think both of you are right... it seems like he's got the top half of his hair up, and the rest of it is down.

Obviously, you haven't played pokemon from the original r/b/y or else you would LOVE the idea of Team Rocket returning. and all of us that have been pokefans since we were like 4 know that if pokemon doesnt start stearing back to its original design, then its gonna fail epicly. all this "save the world" and "stop evil teams from abusing legendaries" is actually quite lame.

also, now that i thought of the stearing back to original design, is anybody else noticing that the new pokemon are looking more and more like digimon with each generation after generation 2? generation 3 wasnt as bad, but now some of it is rediculous. stop with the battle armor. thats all im gonna say about that because this isn't the place for it.

but i seriously believe that team rocket will be the team in the isshu region and that it will be lead by that foreign guy. maybe i can get my hands on more of those yummy slowpoke tails! :lol:

I wouldn't mind Team Rocket returning either (although there was no real plot behind their activities compared to the others, and that's the part that I tend to like the most about the games anyways), but at the same time I want something new, and I highly doubt they'll be returning. It still confuses me as to why people keep bringing up the Foreign Rocket Grunt as evidence that they'll be returning in Isshu... he's just one guy, and he doesn't seem smart enough to revive TR in the first place (he was completely oblivious to the fact that TR had disbanded for the second and final time).

Game Freak not bringing back TR in B/W will not result in the ultimate failure of the franchise either... I really don't see how this is possible... because regardless of who the evil Team is, the core games of the franchise are still going to sell big. People thinking that the franchise is gonna fail because of their own wishes not being fulfilled is ludicrous... especially since statements like "TR is the best Team EVA!!" or "TG is the best Team EVA!!" are only opinions. The Pokemon games themselves have come a hell of a long way from their "basics" and are still doing extremely well in their sales, despite the global financial crisis at hand.

And before you ask, yes, I've been a Pokemon fan for quite a while also... been one since I was about 10, and right now I'm going on 21.

My girlfriend and I were discussing about this not too long ago, and we came up with a bare idea of what the new team might be. Since most of the teams in the past games had major tie-ins with the boxart legendaries are far as storylines go, and that the new legendaries are based upon Yin and Yang, perhaps we'd have some sort of team where the ultimate goal is to kill (if you wanna be morbid about it) one of the two to cause disturbance in the universe and having everything collapse upon itself.

:nono:

Sounds an awful lot like the 4th gen's storyline, but thats just me being pessimistic; hopefully they will think of something much more creative than that.

And besides, TR will appear again eventually anyways, as fanservice and whatnot. I don't know what they'll appear in, but I'm positive they will.

Obviously, you haven't played pokemon from the original r/b/y or else you would LOVE the idea of Team Rocket returning.
I may have been the one who suggested it, but even I don't want that. I don't want a big legendary plot either, but it looks like that's where we're heading.

I was playing in the Battle Factory today, and I was thinking. What does Thorton do with the data he gleams? I don't know where this came from in my messed up mind, but what if Thorton was gathering data in order to take over the world? What if he opened the battle factory in order to gather data so he could know how to take on any pokemon that a trainer used? I know it's a bit far fetched, but what does everyone think about this?

I was playing in the Battle Factory today, and I was thinking. What does Thorton do with the data he gleams? I don't know where this came from in my messed up mind, but what if Thorton was gathering data in order to take over the world? What if he opened the battle factory in order to gather data so he could know how to take on any pokemon that a trainer used? I know it's a bit far fetched, but what does everyone think about this?

Who's Thorton? And what's the Battle Factory?

EDIT: Never mind, found out who he was. But why would a Frontier Brain wanna do that? He seriously doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that wants to take over the world.

Back
Top Bottom