• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Retirement-Hyper Offensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc2094

Prediction isn't fiction!
Reaction score
I've been using this team for quite some time now. It does really well and has gotten me quite a few wins. It plays like any suicidal offensive team. Here is a brief discreption of how they are played for those who do not know.

To play offense, all you have to do send in a sweeper, set up, do as much damage as possible, let that sweeper die, get in the next one, and repeat. By using stuff that is walled by the same things, you can sacrifice the first guy to weaken the counter and then the rest of the members can break past the team's defenses. There is a lot of longterm thinking involved, because you have to sacrifice the right stuff and find openings to sweep. You don't need to predict very much but you must try to get an understanding of the opponents teams very early. You have to sacrifice the right stuff at the right time, otherwise, you'll find yourself unable to break through the opponent. If you want to effectively beat stall, scarfed pokemon are not the way to go, therefore you can't revenge kill. Since you can't revenge kill, the only way to not get swept by a set up pokemon is to not let anything set up on you in the first place. Therefore it is not good to switch, as by switching, you take hits, or worse, give your opponent a fee turn to set up. By doing your own thing and not switching out and not giving your opponent free turns, you are never on the defensive, the pressure is always on the opponent, and you don't have to predict.

Anyways on to the team:

392.png

Infernape@Focus Sash
Naive
4 Atk/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
-Stealth rock
-Encore
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat

Lead Infernape is a very good way to start the battle off. Due to his speed, he will almost always get up Stealth Rock, which helps the team quite a bit. The EVs let him deal decent damage while outrunning every common lead bar Azelf and Aerodactyl. Flamethrower and Close Combat dish out a very high amount of damage thanks to STAB. I originally ran Fire Blast but its accuracy gets annoying sometimes so I usually switch off between the two though I use Flamethrower as far as wifi is concerned. Encore is the real move that makes him so useful. He can use it to trap slower leads like Hippowdon, Swampert, and Metagross on stealth rock which forces them to switch out. He can also Encore the standard Lead Infernape since he outruns him and can Encore the Fake Out. It also lets me set up my sweepers if my opponents decides to use a Water or Ground move on Infernape. Usually, I just let him set up rocks, dish out damage and then die, letting me bring in my first sweeper.

130.png

Gyarados@Life Orb
Jolly
252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Bounce
-Stone edge

Gyarados is an excellent way to start tearing my opponents team early. The EVs let hit 430 Speed after a Dragon Dance, letting me outrun Jolteon and even Scarf Heatran which is pretty useful and dealing a OHKO to both. The move set is fairly simple. Waterfall lets me hit shit hard thanks to STAB. Stone Edge gives pretty good coverage, letting me hit Zapdos, Salamence, and enemy Gyarados. Bounce is also a very important move. It lets me scare off Celebi, and hit several bulky waters such as Starmie and has a chance to OHKO. it also has that nice paralysis rate which has been helpful in some cases. Usually, this guy comes in after Infernape, sets up, and weakens whatever is supposed to counter him(if not kill in the case of Jolteon and Starmie.) He usually helps weaken some bulky water which makes it easier for the rest of my team to sweep.

485.png

Heatran@Shuca Berry
Naive
4 atk/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Explosion
-HP Elec/Dragon Pulse

Heatran is one of the most important members on the team. His typing lets him resist Bullet Punch, which is often used to pick off my weakened sweepers, so he uses the oppurtunity to get a safe switch. I usually run HP Elec, as it lets me OHKO Gyarados, who is the most common pokemon used to counter Heatran. With Shuca Berry, Heatran passes off as a Scarf Heatran, which lets me get the jump on Blissey, Gyarados, Salamence, and several other "counters." Dragon Pulse is used on wifi as I don't have the time to get HP Elec though it has its uses, hitting Salamence and Flygon pretty hard. Usually, once he's gotten a surprise KO, I just blow up and let another sweeper switch in without having to take damage.

380.png

Latias@Life Orb
Timid
4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Recover

Latias is the glue of the team. It helps keep Infernape and other fast sweepers in check. I usually have an easy time using Calm Mind with her, as such I am able to smack whatever switches in pretty hard. I usually send her in after Heatran has done his job, meaning Blissey took the hit from Explosion. Dragon Pulse and Surf have pretty good coverage. Latias' most common switch in is Scizor in my experience, but I usually don't mind as I get to take off over half of its health with a +1 Surf, then he will either get locked in Pursuit which lets one of my sweepers set up, or use U-turn, giving me the adavantage. Recover isn't used much though helps a lot when it is. EVs are pretty straight forward.

373.png

Salamence@Life Orb
Naive
232 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 24 SAtk
-Dragon dance
-EQuake
-Outrage
-Fire Blast

Salamence is a monster late game. After the first Dragon Dance assault, most of his counters such as Swampert are usually weakened if not dead letting him have an easy time with my opponents team. The moves allow for perfect coverage and the EVs are pretty standard. Outrage gets STAB and dents pretty much everything. Fire Blast and EQuake complement it well, hitting Steels that resist Outrage. I went with a positive speed nature to ensure that scarfers can't revenge kill me, such as Jirachi and Flygon. The extra power although useful, usually isn't needed as much as the speed. It also lets me tie with other max speed base 100 pokemon at worst if I haven't used Dragon Dance quite yet. Once I send him in, it's usually close to the end of the battle.

135.png

Jolteon@Life Orb
Timid
252 SAtk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
-T-bolt
-Shadowball
-HP Grass
-Signal Beam

Jolteon is usually the late game cleaner. Once everything is said and done, he just comes in and finishes off any weakened pokemon with Thunderbolt. I usually only send him out late game, as there are too many pokemon danagerous mons that can use him as set up, such as DD Tyritar. The moves are simple, T-bolt does loads of damage and gets STAB. Shadow Ball helps with coverage. HP Grass lets me hit Grounds who are immune to T-Bolt such as Swampert and Signal Beam is mainly filler though it deals extra damage to Celebi and hits Umbreon and Tyranitar for SE damage despite how little it is. EVs are also simple, yet effective.

Well that's the team. Almost everything here is pretty fast which is pretty useful and can deal their own share of damage. This team's success has a lot to do with how you play it as every move is crucial. I'm done using it and have started on other teams. Rate it/ steal it/hate it, whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
Threat List(gotten from Smogon)

Offensive Threat List:

Aerodactyl :Lead Aerodactyl usually use Stealth Rock on turn one in fear of a Close Combat so I usually use Encore letting me get a free turn to use Stealth Rock. From there, he can't switch in safely and is usualy easy to stop.
---
Alakazam : Too frail to take hits really. Jolteon can outrun him and OHKO if need be.
---
Azelf : Most are leads and get locked in Stealth Rock. I don't like the fact it can Explde but it usually doesn't get the chance to.
---
Breloom : Everything on my team can 2HKO at worst and outrun Breloom.
---
Dragonite : He's way too slow to pose a threat. Despite being bulky, he takes a 2HKO or OHKO from every member bar Infernape.
---
Dugtrio : He can be annoying since he can revenge kill Jolteon but he's usually dead early due to being baited and killed by Heatran.
---
Electivire : Jolteon is the only pokemon that is expected to use an Electric type move and he usually comes in late game. Too slow without the boost to be a problem.
---
Empoleon : Sub Petaya boost Empoleon can only set up on Gyarados who is usually dead very early. Everything else can deal a OHKO bar Latias who can set up on it with Calm Mind and recover off any damage.
---
Flygon : Often bait and killed by Heatran. Most are Choiced meaning they often let something like Salamence set up.
---
Gengar : Jolteon can outrun him and OHKO. Mence and Gyara outrun after a Dragon Dance. Latias can speed tie if need be. He can be annoying but fails to do much.
---
Gyarados : It doesn't get to set up safely against me. Without any boosts, it is very easy to kill. Often baited by Heatran.
---
Heatran : My own Heatran gets the jump on him with Shuca Berry. Gyarados and Latias counter him pretty well. He also takes a chunk from Jolteons Thunderbolt.
---
Heracross : Most are Choiced letting me set something up. Never really had problems with him due to how frail he is.
---
Infernape : Latias is the perfect counter. Gyarados can take him on to anextent and Jolteon can KO with T-bolt.
---
Jirachi : Sub Calm Mind can't really set up against me. Scarf sets means more easy set up. Heatran is a pretty good counter.
---
Jolteon : Almost always gets killed by Gyarados early due to the extra speed. Latias does well against him and my own Jolteon can switch in to stuff like Specs Thunderbolt.
---
Kingdra : Can't really set up anywhere. Jolteon can smack it hard with Thunderbolt. It often tries to use Dragon Dance against Heatran only to take a hit from Dragon Pulse.
---
Latias : Annoying to say the least. I usually just weaken it up with everyone. Luckily, Heatran can bait and kill with Explosion and Gyarados gets the jump on it with Stone Edge. Jolteon takes out a decent chunk of its health.
---
Lucario : Can't set up anywhere. Every member can OHKO bar Latias and Jolteon. If he tries to SD then he is left with barley any health. I always have Gyarados and Salamence with Intimidate if need be.
---
Machamp : Another annoying pokemon. I usually just smack him hard with whatever is out and finish him off with someone else.
---
Magnezone: He sin't trap killing anyone. Latias is a pretty nice switch against scarf sets. I just try not to let him get the oppurtunity to explode.
---
Mamoswine : He has trouble switching in, though can be quite a threat. Usually have to sack something to put him in range for Jolteon's Shadow Ball.
---
Metagross : Everyone can 2HKO him at worst with proper set up. Heatran is a nice way to stop him also.
---
Salamence : He can't use Dragon Dance safley. Often bait and killed by Heatran. latias and Jolteon outspeed him so that's helpful.
---
Scizor : Heatran and Gyarados do a good job. He usually trap kills Latias who takes out over half of his health. Jolteon resists Bullet Punch and can smack him with T-bolt.
---
Starmie : Gyarados is often able to weaken/kill it early. Jolteon outruns him and smacks it with SE damage. It doesn't get the chance to safely Rapid Spin which is cool.
---
Tyranitar : Too slow and can't really take that much damage. He counters Heatran, Latias, and Jolteon meaning he will be too weak to do so after he tries to stop one of them.
---
Weavile : Too frail to safely switch in. Jolteon outrun him. Often tries to trap kill Latias meaning easy set up. Heatran does a decent job at countering it. Can't use Swords Dance safely so that's always helpful.

Defensive Threat List:

Blissey : It can't really take the assault caused by Salamence and Gyarados. usually just dies early to Heatran.
---
Bronzong : Everyone gets to deal a OHKO or 2HKO to him with the proper set up though Specially Defensive ones can take two hits from Jolteon but that isn't of concern.
---
Celebi : Everyone bar Latias can OHKO Celebi who scores a 2HKO and walls Celebi either way.
---
Cresselia : It usually tries to stop Gyarados and looses over half of its health thus leaving it weak enough for everything else to KO including Salamence who can then start sweeping with Outrage.
---
Forretress : Jolteon and Heatran are the only pokemon that take damage from spikes bar Infernape who is always dead early. Because of this he is much less threatening. Anyhow, Salamence, Latias, and Heatran all do well against him.
---
Gliscor : Might switch in against Heatran on an expected Earth Power and get hit by Explosion. Gyarados hits him hard with Waterfall and Salamence can usually weaken him with Outrage putting him in Jolt's KO range.
---
Hippowdon : Most usually carry only EQuake meaning Latias, Gyarados, and Salamence can just smack him and let whatever switches in with Roar finish him off. Jolteon deals serious damage with HP Grass.
---
Skarmory : He doesn't get any chances to use Roost meaning all I have to do is hit him hard. I can get a OHKO with everyone bar Latias and Gyarados and all Skarmory can do to them is use Whirlwind.
---
Snorlax : Usually eats an Explosion from Heatran. Everyone else deals serious damage to him bar Jolteon.
---
Suicune: It can try to counter Gyarados and will lose over half of its health in the process leaving it weak enough to Ko with Jolteon or another sweeper such as Salamence.
---
Swampert : He is taking damage from pretty much everyone. He usually isn't alive by late game but if he is, Jolteon can hit him with the unexpected HP Grass.
---
Tentacruel : He can't really do anything to me. The only Special Attackers I have are Latias, Jolteon, and Heatran. Latias walls him, Jolt deals a OHKO and Heatran hits him with the unexpected Earth Power. Jolteon is the onbly pokemon affected by Toxic Spikes making him even less problamatic.
---
Vaporeon : It might switch in on Gyarados and loses a lot of health from Bounce or Stone Edge. Afterwards, I can usually KO it with anything on my team since it won't get the chance to heal itself.
---
Zapdos : Often eats a Stone Edge from Gyarados. It can't wall anything so it's dead weight for my opponents.

Last edited:
You have this pretty much down. After Gyrados is down, i could see Donhan presenting a problem.

Yeah, Ice Shard users in general can be troublesome. Normally I just weaken him up and KO with eiether Heatran or Jolteon. I was never in a situation like this but I'm pretty sure Heatran can OHKO with Fire Blast. I'll run some calcs just to make sure.

359 Atk vs 156 Def & 384 HP (120 Base Power): 297 - 349 (77.34% - 90.89%)

Not a OHKO but I outrun him and can finish him off. Fortunatley, he isn't very common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom