• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Rocket's screentime per episode

I understand that, but I made a comparison that was simple and obvious. All I said was the main plot about Ash and his friends traveling through different regions is the same, no matter if it's the sub or the dub version. The MAIN PLOT, nothing else.:disgust:

Which is why i was confused, seeing as we are in a Rocket themed thread, i assumed you meant the plot surrounding the rockets. XD Easy mistake, ne?

What saga do you think TR overall got the least amount of screentime in? And I'm not talking about Giovanni or the other Rocket members, just J/J/M.

Even though I've only seen half of it, I'd have to say AG. The only rocket episodes were the ones where Arbok and Metadogasu were released, and when Kojiro got Manene. There's also the two hosos if you think those should count.

But from what I've seen so far the rockets haven't really done much in this series. Musashi's contest career is a joke, and there aren't many good subplots for them like there are in DP. I've lost count of how many Rocket episodes there have been in DP, but I know it's more than four, and we're not even close to being done with this generation yet.

How many Rocket eps were there in Johto? I can think of only two major ones about J/J/M:

- James Flaming Moltres episode.
- Jessie/Blissey episode.

James didn't even capture a single new Pokemon over the entire span of Johto, which was 150 episodes.

Is there anything else I'm forgetting? Keep in mind I don't consider the Baby Lugia/Red Gyarados arcs to be J/J/M centered, because they weren't really.

Yeah, but in Jouto there were tons of CotD episodes, so the TRio got lots of screen time from that. There just weren't as many characters to take away screen time from them like there would be in later series.

Yeah, but in Jouto there were tons of CotD episodes, so the TRio got lots of screen time from that. There just weren't as many characters to take away screen time from them like there would be in later series.

Yeah, its obvious in the heavy plot episodes TR is almost usually sidelined with minimal screentime.

I guess the fact that Johto had no real plot aside from Ash's Gyms allowed them to be the major protagonists in every episode, even if it was the same stealing Pikachu bit we had to go through in every ep back then.

They did learn how to divide up the screentime a bit better in DP, even Brock has some episodes this saga.

They shouldn't just shoehorn JJM into an episode to randomly steal a Pokémon, especially when there's not even a setup of "Ooh, look, we're following the twerps, OOH! There's a nice Pokémon!" anymore.

They just randomly show up out of nowhere and do nothing to advance the plot.

I think that they could keep the TR Trio in the series, and maybe even give them just as much screen time as they're getting now, but in a totally different way.

They're just as important as our Hero Trio, and they should get some decent character development. Have them take their own journey AWAY from the twerps. Have Team Rocket and Ash & Co. on opposite sides of Sinnoh.

Show how they live when they aren't chasing the twerps. And then in the middle of series, or whenever, BAM. They cross paths, and there's a powerful Pokémon involved, and Team Rocket feels like an event again.

They shouldn't just shoehorn JJM into an episode to randomly steal a Pokémon, especially when there's not even a setup of "Ooh, look, we're following the twerps, OOH! There's a nice Pokémon!" anymore.

They do... or do you tend to fastforward to the plot like many people do? XD Because they do lead into the TR parts.

They're just as important as our Hero Trio, and they should get some decent character development. Have them take their own journey AWAY from the twerps. Have Team Rocket and Ash & Co. on opposite sides of Sinnoh.

Show how they live when they aren't chasing the twerps. And then in the middle of series, or whenever, BAM. They cross paths, and there's a powerful Pokémon involved, and Team Rocket feels like an event again.

I kinda get what you're saying... but they sorta already do that. I mean, they get plenty of character development these days, and we DO see them away from the twerps... DP002 anyone? They were involved with the twerps only in the begining, then we saw them away from the rest of the episode. And the Metagross episode... no twerpage there except to advance the plot a little.

I get what you're saying, that more of it should happen. But that kinda already happens... just to a lesser extent than you're wanting :eek:

I think they've gone more with quality than quantity. They aren't point Team Rocket on the screen simply to put Team Rocket which really annoyed me about them in Johto and AG. Jessie has gone from being a joke to possibly taking part in the Grand Festival. We've had plenty of episodes that have centered around them and expanded their individual characters as well as their relationship.

Man, Gravy, you sure have changed over the years. What happened to the 2004-era Gravy who had an optimistic view on everything from SPP?
Oh come on, I wasn't really like that, was I? You trying to sully this jaded old coot's memories of the past or something? :(

Team Rocket’s screen time use to bother me. There were more than a few occasions, especially during the Indigo League Saga days where it seemed like a waste that they ever were there.

There hasn’t been as many moments like that since, but I did find the recent dub episodes, “Pedal to the Mettle!” to be an example of a TR’s “pointless” appearance. I mean did they really need to show up as construction workers and then a few minutes later are the assistants for the Pokémon Referee?

To answer Scott's question, I have to agree with RG. AG treated them bad. They didn't get any more actual focus eps in Jouto than AG, but they did get more screentime, or at least, more interesting/useful/something screentime. In AG they really felt like pointless tag-alongs.

There once was a time when they would only get 2 minutes ONLY and that at the end of the episode...Be grateful all of us, not annoyed.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom