• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tedious Things

Renewal

Falling, but Rising Again
Reaction score
Pokemon's a great series, but what are some of the things in the games that really bug you or are just plain boring?

For me, it was Light Ball hunting in Diamond. I caught nearly 30 Pikachu before I found it. Anything like that happen to you?

Lol, I'm feeling like an extraordinary newb now. At least I know about that for later games.

Oh my god, the stupid fog. I never bothered with Defog. Ugh.

HMs in general. Why should I have to waste a perfectly good move/Pokemon slot for something like Rock Smash. In fact, why do the rocks that are smashed, or trees that are cut have to return so quickly?

Ugh.

Breeding is a major pain in the ass, especially if you're trying to breed competitive pokemon. -_- it's way too much of a hassle...

Then you must despise me and my level 100 shedinja with fury cutter and a butt load of x accuracies in a battle.
Anyway nothing is too tedious for me except for platinum. It got a difficulty boost and by hell it hurts. I mean the trainers in trainer school having x-attack when you cant? WTF!

personally, I'm looking forward to platinum challenging me a little bit. I like hard video games (such as the Mega Man series and Ninja Gaiden) so I'm looking forward to a pokemon game where I can't just throw my starter out and kill everything with it.

Breeding... For competitive battling in particular.

There's an odd part of me that likes certain aspects of breeding, particularly the feeling you get when you accomplish what you want, and raising the actual baby Pokemon. But let's be serious here, breeding for quality IVs, natures, movesets, and genders, can very much be a pain in the ass.

The LEAST they could do is allow you a move that lowers the step count even further, half is still too much.

Geodude and Zubat in every single cave for 4 bloody generations. Invent some new cave pokemon for gods sake. Same for Tentacool and surfing.

More specifically...trying to level up your team so you can beat the Elite 4.

Yeah. Leveling up your team for the Elite Four is always been annoying for me too.

I also never care for all those pointless HM moves either. The only HM moves I have ever liked have been Surf and Fly. I liked Dive too, but that isn't an HM move anymore.

IV breeding.

Most tedious thing ever. Soft-resetting for legendaries is a close second. -_- EV training isn't bad because you only need to battle 26 Pokémon if you've got a Power item and the Pokérus.. but IV breeding. Ugh.

IV breeding kinda sucks, but I really hate how there are useful TMs like Stealth Rock and Grass Rope that you only get one of per save.

Trying to get a 100 win streak in the Battle Tower. I swear, the AI is a cheating bastard!

Trying to get a 100 win streak in the Battle Tower. I swear, the AI is a cheating bastard!

They are. Game Freak can't program them to battle well enough to actually be a challenge, so instead they make Quick Claw work like all the time and Guillotine work all the time aswell, while when you try to use the same tactic, the effectiveness is near to zero.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom