• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

amazing lizard, too bad only female evolves
amazing type combination

Braviary

I like it, fantastic design. Really wanted to use one when gen 5 recently released. However, got disappointed by the fact that this bird was not available for the biggest part of the game. :(

Chimecho

its night looking, like the typing and species its based on
you could see riding on one in XY/ORAS, fun to see

Sharpedo

It's pretty cool, but I do feel like we need more shark-based Pokemon besides it and the Gible line. That said, I really do not like it chasing me in SWSH XD

Yamask (both forms)

Looks nice, a bit sharp too

Zorua

it looks adorable, love it
adorable looking crab

Golbat

Don't care for the line in general Okay, fine, I'll give my actual thoughts. It's pretty interesting, and a testament to its competitive viability, that despite a horrible defensive typing in Rock/Dark, Tyranitar is able to fulfill the role of a sandstorm-setting tank thanks to its defensive stats and Ability Sand Stream. I feel like the Dark type is almost slapped onto it, though; imagine evolving and losing access to an Electric immunity just because Tyranitar is "monstrous".

Kabutops

It's butt-ugly and boring to me. It goes from a four-eyed headcrab-esque critter with ominous glowing eyes in its shadowed underside into an overdesigned humanoid thing with a considerably less interesting face. Dragapult executes the crescent-head aspect better in my opinion. It's one of the only few Fossil Pokemon I genuinely dislike.

Lurantis

If I recall correctly, Lurantis is based on the orchid mantis, an insect species that employs mimicry to disguise itself as a plant. The Fomantis-Lurantis evolutionary line turns that mimicry on its head, being plant Pokémon that disguise themselves as bugs. Really cool, if you ask me, since that also explains why the line has Contrary as its Hidden Ability. Overall, Lurantis is pretty interesting; shame that it doesn't perform well in competitive Pokémon.

Inkay

Looks too Bhutanese and elderly
Not really for me

Sharon - Aron
(Annoying auto correct)

Last edited:
Um...you mean Aron?
It is ugly, but I like its evolved forms (but not Mega Aggron, ugh).
Floatzel

Love the two tailed otter
Looks amazing

Xatu

Back
Top Bottom