• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

It's..........alright. The concept of a beautiful, ridiculously thin woman mixed with a cockroach of all things is........interesting, to say the least. At least the name makes sense. However, I am fond of its stats, specifically its attacking stats and its amazing speed, but despite that, its just not my cup of tea overall. No particular dislike to Pheromosa though, to be fair, because I really don't care for any of the Ultra Beasts much if at all, in fact there's only one of them that I really like, Naganadel.

Guzzlord

It manages to be cute, creepy, colorful, strange, and unique all at the same time; all qualities that I love to see. Not to mention it can hit extremely hard on top of all that. I like it a lot, as far as UBs go.

Xurkitree

Again, don't really care for any of the UB's, Xurkitree included. Not really a fan of any Pokemon that lacks eyes and a mouth. I will say though, I do like the concept of the Ultra Beasts, that being they're supposed to represent invasive species which is they appear to be alienlike, because invasive species are aliens wherever they're introduced. (And Hawaii, which Alola was based off, is absolutely infested with invasive species. Breaks my heart...... :cry:) I also like the concept of the Ultra Beasts coming from different worlds, and we actually get to see those alternate worlds in-game (at least, in USUM.)

However......I will say I really like this about Xurkitree though. (It's hilarious. :p)

Xurkitree running.gif

Naganadel

Last edited:
I've always appreciated the Ultra Beasts, and thus, I like Naganadel. I prefer its pre-evolution personally because of the 'cute-but-malicious/mischievous' charm, but I like this Hymenopteran dragon, too. It and its pre-evo are considerably more fathomable than the other Ultra Beasts; and I want to consider that a downgrade, but it kinda makes sense since its stated that Poipole is the equivalent of a starter Pokemon for the people of Ultra Megalopolis. (A city that's pretty much wasted potential, but I digress.)

Hatterene

Last edited:
I'll be honest, Hatterene was formerly one of my absolute least favorite Pokémon, but nowadays I think my opinion of it rests comfortably at "it's pretty good". Its design is still not my favorite, and I much prefer its base form of Hatenna, but I enjoy its dex entries and I've grown to appreciate it for what it is.

Nickit

I know its a wonder in competitive, but outside of that, meh. Excadrill just completely escapes me in terms of emotions. I can't put my finger why I can't be assed to care about it. Maybe it's just too 'serious/no nonsense-badass-y' for me. Maybe it's the aforementioned fact that it's another utterly practical Pokemon that you'd see in Sand teams. I just... I just don't care for it.

Gulpin

Definitely love Kantonian Muk; it's one of my favorite Poison-types, and easily one of my favorite Pokémon in the anime — never been quite as fond of Alolan Muk, but I feel that way about most regional forms when compared to the original species. It's still very cool though and the concept behind it is great.

Tropius

Absolutely love it. :bulbaLove: Tropius actually happens to be one of my favorite Pokémon of all time, as well as one of my top three favorite Grass types too. (After Decidueye and Sceptile. Bayleef's number four. :p) I've liked dinosaurs ever since I was a kid, especially sauropods. Not to mention I love things that can fly, especially flying creatures that are large enough to carry a human on their backs, like Tropius. so the Fruit Pokemon just strikes all the right chords for me. :giggle: Oh, and as a plus, I love its color scheme and it can learn my two favorite Grass type moves, Leaf Blade and Leaf Storm! (Not to mention other moves I like, such as Headbutt, and it even gets Dragon type moves like Dragon Pulse, another favorite move of mine! :D)

However, there is one little thing I dislike about Tropius-its crappy offensive stats, and just its stats in general. :confused_emoji: Like, its design is amazing, but those stats.......ugh. (At least it gets Dragon Dance........) Hopefully, my number three favorite Grass type gets some love in SV to improve its lackluster stats.

Edit: Weirdly enough, this video featuring Tropius was posted on YouTube by Haydunn (anybody here ever heard of him?) the same day I wrote all this, and I thought I'd share it here:

Sceptile

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom